How to do 90 day reporting online and by post

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes you can mail in your report since it will have copies of your passport and etc with it.

Mailing my info in would most likely require me to spend more time in a post office than it would an immigration office. ????

• Like 1

20 hours ago, oslooskar said:

Mailing my info in would most likely require me to spend more time in a post office than it would an immigration office. ????

Only because they won't let you in the office and you do all your serious waiting in a car park. 

Just a quick query, I last flew in from overseas on 31/10/2019 but renewed my one year retirement extension of stay ay Chang Watthana on 20/01/2020 which reset the 90 day clock so now due 20/04/2020. However both online on my computer and the android app on my phone stall as the last date of entering the kingdom is outside the limit and the date of renewal finds no arrival information. Unless someone has an answer to this I guess it is either by post or a trip to the Immigration Office.

Thanks

1 hour ago, mariner16 said:

Just a quick query, I last flew in from overseas on 31/10/2019 but renewed my one year retirement extension of stay ay Chang Watthana on 20/01/2020 which reset the 90 day clock so now due 20/04/2020. However both online on my computer and the android app on my phone stall as the last date of entering the kingdom is outside the limit and the date of renewal finds no arrival information.

Unless it was your first extension of stay application your report date did not reset when you applied for the extension.

It seems you are late doing your report and will be fined 2000 baht when you do it at immigration.

• Like 1

Some IO are not doing the on line reporting at least mine isn't. Submitted mine on 26 March and got the pending receipt and never the approval. My due date for the report was 7 Apr and checked that morning and still pending so went to  my local IO. Handed in my passport the office went on line only imputed my passport number, name and immediately printed out a receipt with my next report date. in and out in less that 5 minutes. Can't prove this but it seems my application was in the system just waiting for an approval. Shame I had to drive 20 K to get it.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Dianna said:

I thought we had until seven days after report date.  This message says 15 to 7 days before report date.  Please clarify. Thank you!

For online reporting it is 15 before to the date your report is due. The message may not of been changed but the terms and condition to do it have been changed.

The 7 days after is only for doing reports in person.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did my 90 day report on line for the first time yesterday, and today recieved an email confirming approval. However, when i follow the link to check status there is no indication as to how to download my reciept. Can anyone enlighten me?

5 minutes ago, nikmar said:

I did my 90 day report on line for the first time yesterday, and today recieved an email confirming approval. However, when i follow the link to check status there is no indication as to how to download my reciept. Can anyone enlighten me?

If I recall correctly, you have to go back to the original application page to download the reciept.  But I wouldn't worry too much.  if you have got the approval notice, just print that off.  Save all on your device of course.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

If I recall correctly, you have to go back to the original application page to download the reciept.  But I wouldn't worry too much.  if you have got the approval notice, just print that off.  Save all on your device of course.  

got it. after a bit of messing around. thanks mate

• Like 1

seeking advice re: the 90 day report. It is due shortly (May 8 )for my wife and myself. Since she has not being outside of Thailand in the last 5 years. My understanding is that she is ineligible to file online.

2 questions:

1. she cannot travel to the IO, due to bad health. If we post it on Monday, April 28th, does she have a 7 days holiday. I mean will it be accepted, if it arrives at the IO office by EMS on April 29, would she avoid a penalty?

2. I guess I am asking because I had thought that there was a filing amnesty for 90 day reporters.

Thanks Don.

5 hours ago, paddypower said:

seeking advice re: the 90 day report. It is due shortly (May 8 )for my wife and myself. Since she has not being outside of Thailand in the last 5 years. My understanding is that she is ineligible to file online.

Ninety day reports are suspended until July 31st. They will announce when they need to be done before that day.

Unless she has gotten a new passport since her last entry she should be able to online reports. When they first started online reporting they stated those with entries prior to 2013 could not do them.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Ninety day reports are suspended until July 31st. They will announce when they need to be done before that day.

Unless she has gotten a new passport since her last entry she should be able to online reports. When they first started online reporting they stated those with entries prior to 2013 could not do them.

Hi Joe, you guessed correctly. She renewed her passport in 2018, and her most recent renentry etc are in her previous passport. After the 'amnesty' ends, I will revert to posting in our 90 day reports. thanks & stay safe. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, paddypower said:

Hi Joe, you guessed correctly. She renewed her passport in 2018, and her most recent renentry etc are in her previous passport. After the 'amnesty' ends, I will revert to posting in our 90 day reports. thanks & stay safe. 

Please note that there are 2 very recent reports of posters that succeeded in doing their 90-day report on-line on a NEW passport without having re-entered the country.  So they submitted their new passport details and the TM-6 entry/departure card which they received on entry with their old passport.

Previously the above was not possible and generated the 'Contact your IO' error-message, so IO must have made some changes.

Since approval of your 90-day report on-line submission is done by your local IO, it is of course possible it still won't work for you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Farang99 said:

The "User Guide" to making an application online simply comes up "blocked" which is not a lot of help. No indication of where to download the forms or any other helpful information.

Attached the comprehensive User Guide.  It is in thai with occasional english translation and shows screenshot-by-screenshot how to use the 90-day Notification website.

Please note that the window to submit your on-line 90-day report has been extended and it is now from 15 days before till actual due date of your 90-day report.

UserGuideForNotification90Day_V2.pdf

Edited by Peter Denis

12 minutes ago, Farang99 said:

Now managed to open it and it is a pdf file so faint it is nigh on illegible and largely in Thai. Isn't there anywhere a clear and simple guide to downloading the form and completing and returning by email?

It is really easy to do the online reporting and it is all basically self explanatory. There is no downloading of a form and emailing it.

You go through 4 steps of completing the application and it is sent to your local immigration office for approval.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Farang99 said:

Now managed to open it and it is a pdf file so faint it is nigh on illegible and largely in Thai. Isn't there anywhere a clear and simple guide to downloading the form and completing and returning by email?

When on-line reporting does not work for you, you can also file your 90-day reports by mail.

> https://www.immigration.go.th/content/sv_90day

But you have to use the address of you local immigration office if not in Bangkok.

Attached a screenshot of the mail-in instructions as published on the website, as well as a copy of the TM-47 form to be used (in Word format).

90-day reporting by mail.png

tm47.doc 90-day reporting website trouble-shooting.txt

I also added a Trouble-shooting Guide when you opt to do it on-line.

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Farang99 said:

When I open the 90-day Notification UserGuide pdf-file on my laptop, the document is not faint at all but crystal clear.  Did you wait long enough to let the file load completely?

Also as UJ already mentioned there is actually no need for the UserGuide as the 4-step process to submit your 90-day report on-line is very easy and can be done in less than 10 minutes, with no need to upload any documents (you simply fill in your data and submit).

Re Online 90 days.
You guys must be lucky. For more than a week I tried and only got a "Timeout"-message.
I went to the immigration as I didn't know about the Corona amnesty.
They did the 90 days and nobody said that I didn't have to come.
Well, better save than sorry.
Stay safe.

• 4 weeks later...

i've been trying to do the tm47 online.  each time and on 3 different browsers, i was told to call immigration.  do i need to do the first report by mail as noted by some?  also, when reporting by mail, do i need to copy all pages of my passport up to and including last immigration stamp as some sites note, or can i just copy the data page, the visa, and the last immigration stamp? 

thanks!

4 minutes ago, cmkeur said:

i've been trying to do the tm47 online.  each time and on 3 different browsers, i was told to call immigration.  do i need to do the first report by mail as noted by some?  also, when reporting by mail, do i need to copy all pages of my passport up to and including last immigration stamp as some sites note, or can i just copy the data page, the visa, and the last immigration stamp? 

You are not required to do a 90 day report until after July 31st. That is included in the amnesty that is in effect now.

Just wait until then to do the report on or before the date announced to do them.

16 minutes ago, cmkeur said:

If this is your very first 90-day report, you will not be able to do it on-line.

So you might as well wait and do it in person or by mail, once the Amnesty is over and IO has provided information on on the due date for those that did not do it during the Amnesty period.

ubon joe and peter,

thanks.  i am hoping to report now in the hopes of putting myself on a 90 cycle avoiding the rush.  don't know if it'll make a difference or not.  in any event, i've seen elsewhere, but not on every site including the official thaigov site, about doing the first report by mail or in person.  hope that's why my online report attempts have been thwarted.  seems to be a lot of conflicting and incomplete information on this and other topics.  noticed that the site i've been looking at says use a sase with a 5 baht stamp.  saw more recently 10 baht stamp required.  i suspect thai in the usa dealing with our ins have the same or similar issues.

appreciate everyone's assistance to this "newbie."

cornelis keur

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cmkeur said:

i am hoping to report now in the hopes of putting myself on a 90 cycle avoiding the rush.  don't know if it'll make a difference or not. 

It is speculation, but the most likely scenario is that IO would simply treat the 90-day reports you didn't do during the Amnesty, as 'done'.  And if that would be the case, doing it in person or by mail during the Amnesty would not affect the 90-day cycle and your next due date, and hence useless to do them. 

46 minutes ago, cmkeur said:

i am hoping to report now in the hopes of putting myself on a 90 cycle avoiding the rush. 

I'm in same situation as you. ,90 day due mid June and it would be my first. I intend to skip it. 

I think that eg in my case  June 12 skip it and next would be due Sept 12.

This is exactly what Peter Denis suggested in post above. 

• 3 months later...

I have done online report multiple times, including my last three reports.  This time, after filling out the first page with all the correct information, I clicked on 'Submit" and all I got was a completely blank screen.  This has happened three times.  I have checked the status and it shows nothing.  Any suggestions?