Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Govt will impose 24-hour curfew if Covid-19 situation does not improve

webfact

20 hours ago, CGW said:

As crazy as:- You decide?

What happens when 90% of the media is controlled/owned by (6) corporations? 

What happens when those same corporations are operated and controlled by a political ideology? 

What happens when the news is no longer free from bias? 

What happens when the news is no longer reliable and independent? 

What happens when the news is no longer trustworthy? 

What happens when the news simply becomes an extension/arm of a political party?
Fact becomes fiction?
Fiction becomes fact? 

When does news become propaganda?

What happens is 1984. Welcome to the new normal.

Edited by Krataiboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wait a minute. As many of you have pointed out many times; and as this spokesman is saying, on average, cases are rising at the rate of 100 per day. That is arithmetic and not geometric or exponential progression

Where increases are exponential, cases and deaths seem to double every two or three days. The USA, eg, is on a total of 277,000 cases a total of and 7,400 deaths. Thailand would reach 277000 cases, from scratch in 277000/100 days = 2770 days = 7.5 years, approx ...

24 hour curfew? There has to be another reason to be considering that and that includes a high level of cluelessness about which they are speaking!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, joe jadore said:

Make Hydroxychloroquin available for sale at pharmacies! It's a prophylactic to covid19. Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycine have had a 98% success rate of cure in USA. The media for political purposes are being slow to shout this from the rooftops! It's an old Malaria drug been in use for decades, not dangerous nor addictive. Wake up Thai bosses! 

Good luck with that big Pharma and governments have bought it all by now.

6 minutes ago, joe jadore said:

Make Hydroxychloroquin available for sale at pharmacies! It's a prophylactic to covid19. Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycine have had a 98% success rate of cure in USA. The media for political purposes are being slow to shout this from the rooftops! It's an old Malaria drug been in use for decades, not dangerous nor addictive. Wake up Thai bosses! 

Cure? In the USA? That's only in the mind of the great and glorious leader thereof.

• Like 1

A 24 lockdown is exactly as it states, a lockdown for a 24 hour period. As I understand it does not carry on day after day. No one could withstand that.

We are all capable of doing this so stop whinging.

You all whinged about plastic bags but you are coping...aren't you..lol.

• Like 1

People need to understand the simple hidden message implied. Stick to the current limited curfew stick to the social distancing and other measures we've introduced and we wont actually have to introduce that 24 hour curfew....

• Thanks 1

Govt. Logic and Rationale:

If lock downs and curfews don't work Ratchet it Down even more. How about considering what they are doing is not working. And study South Korea and Japan to see how those two countries started off with a big problem but managed to get the epidemic under control without destroying their country's economy. 

Edited by JDGRUEN
Spelling
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, joe jadore said:

I went to 3 well known pharmacies in the Bangkok area on Tuesday trying to buy this and the accompanying recommend COVID-19 treatment drugs;  

At my age of 74 (and still healthy and fit) I thought if I get this damn virus self-medication will be my best option to survive. 

Even gave them the Thia brand names:

Hydroxychloroquine (Thailand – Plaquenil) -  200 mg tablets

Azithromycin (Thailand -Zithromax)   - 500 mg one tablets

Zinc Sulfate – 200 mg tablets

Other then the Zinc Sulphate in 100 mg tablets at one pharmacy they looked at me as though I had two heads and said NO!

Amazing Thailand 

This is down to the incompetence of the Thais who refused to be screened and checked upon arrival to suvarnabhumi airport.

e, Facebook page and Twitter feed.

Following an incident at Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi International Airport on the evening of April 3 in which disgruntled returning Thai nationals refused to be quarantined, the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand  (CAAT) has announced an immediate temporarily ban on all passenger aircraft arriving at airports in Thailand from 4 April (beginning at 00:01) to 6 April (ending at 23:59).  Exceptions to this rule are: 1) state or military aircraft; 2) aircraft that make an emergency landing request; 3) aircraft that make a technical landing request, where passengers do not leave the aircraft; 4) humanitarian aid, medical and relief flights; 5) aircraft authorised for repatriation; and 6) cargo aircraft.  Passengers on aircraft that departed from the port of departure prior to the entry into force of this announcement will be subject to 14-day quarantine.

These changes will affect more flights. Passengers are advised to maintain contact with their airlines for updates.

Bangkok airports at 0930hrs on 4 April 2020

Direct UK Bound flights

Thai Airways

All flights suspended

British Airways

All flights suspended

EVA Air (direct to London tickets for £560 equivalent tomorrow!)

BR67 Bangkok (BKK) to Heathrow (LHR) does not operate today.

Next flight on 5 April (Sunday), departing at 1230hrs. Seats available online; 22655 THB in economy, and 31995 THB in premium economy.

There should be no impact as this flight originates from Taiwan and there will be no passengers on board from Taiwan-BKK. It will accept only joining passengers from Bangkok – London and crew will stay on board.

All flights from Bangkok (BKK) to Frankfurt (FRA), Amsterdam (AMS) and Vienna (VIE) suspended

• Like 1

The purpose of social distancing was not to stamp out the disease but to level out the number of new cases so the health system is not overwhelmed. It looks to me like that level is around 100 a day, most of which are mild. This might be as good as it gets, and that means living as we are now until a vaccine is developed and 6,000,000,000 doses are distributed and given.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, elektrified said:

If you have a good refrigerator (our is inverter which seems to make a difference) and follow the recommendations for the settings in the manual, then veggies and fruit should last 15-20 days. We have tomatoes and celery  as well as apples that are going on almost 30 days and is still fresh.

I prefer going to the fresh food market across the street if I need veggies or something else. No need to stock up at the moment. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, keith101 said:

It has zero chance of improving within one week , they should take a close look at how other countries are doing and act accordingly but a 24 hr lock-down is just ridiculous . The numbers will keep rising because people just kept ignoring social distancing as well as Thai returning from infected countries and spreading the virus .

Agreed ... All incoming should be 100% stopped and social distancing be made mandatory .. This is being treated by people as an inconvenience and I don’t care attitude

2 hours ago, jimn said:

They are like a bunch of little kids, trying each day to find something new to impose on the country, without first seeing if existing measures are working. The rationalle behind this makes no sence. Official daily figures, if you believe them or not are trending down. 143, 136, 127, 120, 104 and 103. This should be something to be positive about and not spreading further fear and uncertancy in the general population.

All you so called medical experts think you know it all dont you. Today Thailand announced 89 new cases. The 6th day in a row new cases have fallen.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, keith101 said:

It has zero chance of improving within one week , they should take a close look at how other countries are doing and act accordingly but a 24 hr lock-down is just ridiculous . The numbers will keep rising because people just kept ignoring social distancing as well as Thai returning from infected countries and spreading the virus .

C3E03EFB-D50F-43CF-86B6-2E898A82FD06.jpeg

How could people remain in Bangkok? Just how? They have no money in the bank and they have no jobs. They live on a day-to-day basis and who is going to pay their rent and provide them with food? Only by going home can they get the necessities of life. And don't forget this is going to be a long haul.

So please listen to Chivas, above, and stay home.

My partner works in the hotel business and his hotel in Pattaya currently has 4 customers-all of whom insist on taking back 'hookers' to their rooms each day. They are from mainland Europe and I would not think this is a good example of social distancing.

• Like 1

Just now, jimn said:

All you so called medical experts think you know it all dont you. Today Thailand announced 89 new cases. The 6th day in a row new cases have fallen.

Your statement is like listening to CNN or Channel 4 UK ... It is doubling every 3 days and the testing is minimal .. Don’t need to be an expert but maths and logic are helpful

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, berrec said:

I went to 3 well known pharmacies in the Bangkok area on Tuesday trying to buy this and the accompanying recommend COVID-19 treatment drugs;  

At my age of 74 (and still healthy and fit) I thought if I get this damn virus self-medication will be my best option to survive. 

Even gave them the Thia brand names:

Hydroxychloroquine (Thailand – Plaquenil) -  200 mg tablets

Azithromycin (Thailand -Zithromax)   - 500 mg one tablets

Zinc Sulfate – 200 mg tablets

Other then the Zinc Sulphate in 100 mg tablets at one pharmacy they looked at me as though I had two heads and said NO!

Amazing Thailand 

Thai pharmacies are not allowed to sell prescription meds. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimn said:

Official numbers in Thailand are about as trustworthy as a wet fart with diarrhea.

Do you also believe the TAT numbers??

But you do know it all dont you?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Stock up now, a human can live on 1200 calories a day.  canned meat (mackerel is mt fav) plus a cup of rice or noddles.  Water of course.  at least 1 liter per day.

Veggies or fruits only last 3-4 days, so you may not be getting many vitamins and roughage.  Oatmeal, Muesli can help 

Seriously - this will be almost impossible to carry out and enforce IMO

Fear tactics from those who are in charge is nothing new.

Hang in there, Thailand doing better than many other countries

How do you know Thailand doing better. Then explain why a 24 hour curfew would be needed. You believe in what the government is telling about 100+ a day.????????

21 hours ago, webfact said:

24-hour curfew within a week if the number of Covid-19 patients kept rising

Well then I guess a 24 hour house arrest is guaranteed

Because honestly the covid number in Thailand will rise drastically very soon regardless of what this tin soldier decrees

13 minutes ago, Millcx said:

Your statement is like listening to CNN or Channel 4 UK ... It is doubling every 3 days and the testing is minimal .. Don’t need to be an expert but maths and logic are helpful

Oh my god are you blind? Give me a source for your comment and I will discuss with you. My figures are from the official government figures. Are you calling the government liars?

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, dcsw53 said:

How, pray tell, can a nation that mostly feeds itself by a daily shopping trip, stay in under 24 hour curfew ?
We are in Thailand, not La-La Land.
Bring it on !

Typical, blaming the victims for their too little too late policies 

13 minutes ago, AussieBob18 said:

Official numbers in Thailand are about as trustworthy as a wet fart with diarrhea.

Do you also believe the TAT numbers??

But you do know it all dont you?

Totaly different figures, TAT are trying to justify their existance. The government are trying to manage a so called crisis. The problem with all you doom merchants is that you do not base your rants on any figures, you just quote what your uneducated brain spurts out. Give me some opposing numbers and the source and we can discuss. Until then, its just another rant.

• Confused 1