Are home parties still allowed?

andux

Couldn't find any information related to this, but in my building home parties are still going on, some of them with 20-30 people.

Anyone knows what's the current Thai law saying regarding this?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Obviously wrong, stupid and completely self centred people oblivious to the needs of the world beyond their circle. 

That said - the in-laws went to a ‘prayer’ event (or whatever its called)... Monks and a number of relatives in the same room, chanting praying, you know the sort of thing (probably about 20ppl in total...  My Wife was dumfounded and had quite the argument with her folks when she found out. 

But what on earth are the Monks doing going to this thing in the first place. What on earth was ‘auntie’ doing organising this thing...  the mind boggles - its not as if they can miss the news. 

I suspect very few monks have any real knowledge about all of this. 

• Like 2

Just now, LawrenceN said:

"in case the police arrive"? Call them yourself. This is exactly how the disease persists. 

Agreed, it's probably one of the few things that might actually get them out of the station.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It is highly advised to keep a distance of 2 meters between people and that could be a bit difficult with 20 to 30 of em' in an apartment, eh?

I was told you can have up to four people at your home for a party. Last night I went with another faring to a friends house for beers. The host had laid on alcohol hand wash and masks. No issues with police re curfew or party.

• Sad 6

You're not supposed to fraternise with anyone outside the ones you shared your dwellings with....

not even family members who live elsewhere.

This will never work if people keep coming up with there own loopholes.

• Like 1

Couldn't find any information related to this, but in my building home parties are still going on, some of them with 20-30 people.

Anyone knows what's the current Thai law saying regarding this?

what's the law got to do with it? are you aware of what's going on around the world? or do you assume that if someone is your family or friend they can't be carrying the virus?

regardless of the law doesn't common sense suggest you distance yourself from others?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Obviously wrong, stupid and completely self centred people oblivious to the needs of the world beyond their circle. 

That said - the in-laws went to a ‘prayer’ event (or whatever its called)... Monks and a number of relatives in the same room, chanting praying, you know the sort of thing (probably about 20ppl in total...  My Wife was dumfounded and had quite the argument with her folks when she found out. 

But what on earth are the Monks doing going to this thing in the first place. What on earth was ‘auntie’ doing organising this thing...  the mind boggles - its not as if they can miss the news. 

It fascinates me that people sit there, sometimes for hours, listening to monks chanting while not understanding a word of what is being said. Quite extraordinary.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, andux said:

I see. Interesting. Maybe I should grab some popcorn in case the police arrives.

That's social gathering and is not allowed according to the State of Emergency and the recent restrictions. I don't see how they can stop a family from drinking at home, though. 2 convenience stores in my neighborhood ran out of ice 2 days ago around 9pm. That has never happened before. 

What are these people, stupid or what ? Obviously never heard of social distancing. If they get nabbed they’ll all be spending time in the Detention centre until this blows over. Serves them right. Not as if they haven’t had plenty of warning. No excuses.

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said: