0-A 2 or 3 months

Two months before and three months after. Further, at least 400,000 baht must have been in the bank throughout the year if it is not your first extension of an entry using the O-A visa. Also important, you must have the required health insurance.

3 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Thought 2 months for very first application, 3 months for subsequent applications.  No need to keep in the rest of the year????

No.

2 months prior. 3 month post. After that not below 400k then back up to 800 two month prior to next application for extension.

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

Two months before and three months after. Further, at least 400,000 baht must have been in the bank throughout the year if it is not your first extension of an entry using the O-A visa. Also important, you must have the required health insurance.

Don't wish to be picky but clearly OP bit confused. He also needs to be reminded that the 400 for "rest of the year" has a rider to bring up to 800 two months prior to next application for extension.

If you change your extension of an OA from Retirement to Marriage can you confirm the financials required...

400k 2 mths before and to be maintained during the under consideration period and No Health Insurance requirements?? (I have insurance but not on their list which is twice the cost hence the change)

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

I'm on marriage. Do I still need to keep 400,000 in bank for 3 months after??? 

No, you are not on an extension of an O-A entry, or an extension of a Non O entry for retirement.

2 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Thought 2 months for very first application, 3 months for subsequent applications.  No need to keep in the rest of the year????

The requirements for an extension based on retirement changed about a year ago.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't wish to be picky but clearly OP bit confused. He also needs to be reminded that the 400 for "rest of the year" has a rider to bring up to 800 two months prior to next application for extension.

Sorry but how do you work out I'm a bit confused ?

I asked if I need to have the money in the bank for 2 months or 3 months when doing my 0-A extension.  It's a pretty simple question, is it not.

if it was a 1st extension I would have mentioned it, if I was asking about leaving the country to get the best part of another year on my original visa I would have asked about that.

If I was asking about insurance I would have asked about insurance. 

If I wanted to know about having 400 thousand baht in the bank for so many months after I'd done an extension I would have asked about that.

I want to know if I need 800,000 in the bank for 2 or 3 months before I go to do my extension, so I have asked if I need 800,000 in the bank for 2 or 3 months before I need to do my extension.

I'd say the problem is more the fact some people feel the need to be so important they start replying to questions that have not been asked. 

Sorry for the rant but I thought it was a pretty simple question. 

Edited by berybert

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

OP  is asking about an Extension. 

If you look at the title of this thread  0-A 2 or 3 months, I think you will find a reason to exclude tourist extensions, extensions of Non Ed, marriage extensions etc. I do concede that keeping threads on topic is a rule more honoured in the breach than the observance. However, it is irritating to be chastised for pointing out that an off topic post is off topic.

7 hours ago, BritTim said:

I have never heard of an O-A visa on the basis of marriage.

People that previously obtained an non O-A (retirement) and since then have been obtaining annual extensions have changed to the extension being based on marriage.

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

People that previously obtained an non O-A (retirement) and since then have been obtaining annual extensions have changed to the extension being based on marriage.

Interesting. According to the letter of the Police Order, that should, indeed, be allowed. However, I thought most immigration offices insisted on a Non O (and Non B, Non Ed and Non O-A were excluded). Offices tend to be very strict about marriage extensions because they are terrified of being overruled when the extension is scrutinised at regional level.

7 hours ago, berybert said:

Sorry but how do you work out I'm a bit confused ?

I asked if I need to have the money in the bank for 2 months or 3 months when doing my 0-A extension.  It's a pretty simple question, is it not.

if it was a 1st extension I would have mentioned it, if I was asking about leaving the country to get the best part of another year on my original visa I would have asked about that.

If I was asking about insurance I would have asked about insurance. 

If I wanted to know about having 400 thousand baht in the bank for so many months after I'd done an extension I would have asked about that.

I want to know if I need 800,000 in the bank for 2 or 3 months before I go to do my extension, so I have asked if I need 800,000 in the bank for 2 or 3 months before I need to do my extension.

I'd say the problem is more the fact some people feel the need to be so important they start replying to questions that have not been asked. 

Sorry for the rant but I thought it was a pretty simple question. 

Yes it is a rant. Many people read threads to obtain information related to your question. Which was quickly answered. 2 months.

True then came added info that is of no interest to you. Fine. Trust me there will be folk out there that reading the thread will be interested in added info such as 3 month post then not below 400 etc.

TV is to share info.

1 minute ago, BritTim said:

Interesting. According to the letter of the Police Order, that should, indeed, be allowed. However, I thought most immigration offices insisted on a Non O (and Non B, Non Ed and Non O-A were excluded). Offices tend to be very strict about marriage extensions because they are terrified of being overruled when the extension is scrutinised at regional level.

True. There have been couple of credible reports where someone (O-A) had been obtaining extensions on basis of being married to Thai. (Did the switch at some point) and insurance was not required for his extension.

1 hour ago, fishtank said:

Yes.

If you read my post #5 and compare to your post #3. Note your stated.....400 for rest of year. You overlooked bringing balance back to 800+ 2 months prior to attending for next extension.

12 hours ago, BritTim said:

Further, at least 400,000 baht must have been in the bank throughout the year if it is not your first extension of an entry using the O-A visa.

I plan to switch from the monthly 65k income method to 800k in bank. I understand the 800k needs to be there for 2 months prior and 3 months after.

As it won't be my first extension do I need to show a minimum balance of 400k for the 12 months prior to application for extension or will the 800k two months prior suffice?

8 minutes ago, KeeTua said:

I plan to switch from the monthly 65k income method to 800k in bank. I understand the 800k needs to be there for 2 months prior and 3 months after.

As it won't be my first extension do I need to show a minimum balance of 400k for the 12 months prior to application for extension or will the 800k two months prior suffice?

800 for two months in your account prior to applying for your extension.