Immigration set to announce automatic visa extensions and suspension of 90 day report

webfact

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Even that is a pain as Bangkok said 10 baht stamp and another said 5 baht stamp and post office seems to only have 3 baht stamps available.  Bangkok clearly said 15 days or more prior to mail - others say between 15 and 7 days.  I always mailed 15 or more to Bangkok and most had stamp to mail in proper time period next time.  If receipt not obtained in 30 days you have to make trip to immigration to resolve.  

nothing is all that simple IS IT ???

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, justin case said:

they keep on repeating this mantra and waiting for weeks and the result is: more paperwork...

hope they include non-o 90 day runners...

Yeah, me too, though I was lucky enough to have done my last hop right before all this fustercluckery started.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, ezzra said:

A most welcome news...On behalf of all foreigners in the kingdom, Thank you Immigration department and may the spirit of compassion and understanding will prevail and expand to other departments having to do with your guests in this country...

2 weeks ago, I went there with my child, overcrowded chaos, no social distancing, all required papers ... divorce, court, bank, tm7, photos ...asked for one year extension to be able to raise my child ... DENIED ... because ex piece of trash does not want to give a signed id card & tabien baan, even court (divorce agreement) CLEARLY prints I can live there but IMMIGRATION wants ex to sign an extra paper that my ex does not want ... hahaha compassion

so I got a 1 time 60 days and they said, afterwards: YOU LEAVE

so the IO could  have given my extension, even asking her boss, but same problem last year, DENIED, when my ex suddenly left familial house to start the <deleted> I am in ...

Edited by justin case
  • Like 2
  • Sad 4

14 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Yesterday attempt to buy stamps and PO only had 3 baht - had someone try to get 10 baht earlier and nobody had

my little local mail office ... stamps ? NO HAVE ... try to explain this in english that you need a stamp to put in a self addressed envelope ... my child asked in Thai ...

All foreigners , so including 90 day Non O or is this aimed at tourists only ?

If the borders are closed everyone of the border bouncers will be queueing sharing the virus with ech other and the imigration untill all applicants or officers die ?

Surely thaye can sort it out on the way out add it on to the airport taxes.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

No more prevarication please. This suggestion has been around for some time already. Just announce that it is a done deal, and stop putting foreigners and immigration staff at so much unnecessary risk.

That's right! This inhumane game they're playing has lasted way too long. It's great that it's finally got the attention it deserves (thanks to Richard Barrow and other reporters). Hard to believe anything before we really see the official announcement that the "automatic extension" will really include all of us and nobody will have to visit the immigration offices before this is over.

The news report yesterday had all kinds of nonsense exceptions again which sounded ridiculous and created a lot of confusion. Hope that's not part of the plan anymore (something about Non-Immigrant visa holders and tourists who haven't extended their visas before Mar 26 having to go to the immigration anyway). That made it sound like not everyone's safety matters - some would still have to visit the immigration.

• Like 2