List of Thai provinces that have banned alcohol sales

webfact

8 hours ago, pj123 said:

+ Pathumthani already in force. 
Any update on Ayutthaya? Nonthaburi?

Can someone update the original post please

Banned in Nontaburi too, but at my local shop, today,  it seems they forgot to tell some of the sales staff that the ban came into effect a couple of days ago....oops ????

9 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

No restrictions yet imposed for Chanthaburi province, based upon Tesco-Lotus and 7-11 still selling, expect they would be first to shut down sales if alcohol sales were to be stopped.

Spoke too soon.

Ban on alcohol sales for Chanthaburi province was announced with immediate effect last night from 10pm, until 30 April 2020.

Minimal effect on us, know few people who drink, our town has the usual 7-11, Tesco selling alcohol but no pub or bars, most restaurants are similarly 'dry'.

Green tea, anyone?

Edited by gomangosteen

The third topic about alcohol ban I catch today when checking the news. Fantastic. May I make a suggestion that TVF open a new section, just like for the corona virus, where all needy people can find information on how to find their fix. :burp::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, pj123 said:

+ Pathumthani already in force. 
Any update on Ayutthaya? Nonthaburi?

Can someone update the original post please

Kind of weird, I bought two big boxes of Australian red at the Makro on Changwattana yesterday afternoon (Nonthaburi).  But the list said it was banned.  So not sure how accurate that list is.

On 4/10/2020 at 7:26 AM, KhunBENQ said:

"Only" banned from 6 PM to 6 AM (so far).

Combined with the general rules more than strange.

Allowed now 11 AM to 2 PM and 5 PM to 6 PM.

Got a panic call from a friend in Jomtien yesterday after his wife called him from Bangkok and falsely claim that there is a nationwide ban from April 10 to 20 :biggrin:

Seems that the chonburi alcohol ban IS 24 hours now. ALL alcohol sales are banned in Chonburi until APRil 30. Anyone confirm this?

Ah, here it is, the official notice:

Edited by i84teen

On 4/10/2020 at 7:57 PM, Russell17au said:

Thailand is no different to any other country in that in America the governors of each state can set the laws for that state the same is in Australia where the premier of each state can set the laws for that state and in Western Australia the premier of the state has brought in alcohol restrictions which limit the amount of take home alcohol that you can buy each day. The governors of the Thai provinces have the legal right to set what ever law they want in their province and anybody who breaches those laws and gets caught have no right to complain.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-wa-restricts-alcohol-amid-outbreak-040927104.html

Absolutely correct. With regard to Australia, it was also a bit discouraging seeing the media making much of the public and even fire-department workers openly dissing their PM during the recent bush fires. They blamed the government and ranted about the PM being on vacation in Hawaii at the start of the outbreak. All this while ignoring the fact that the person in charge of NSW's emergency services was similarly indisposed at the height of their tragedy. The states raise money through taxes and fees for services and allocate what they see is adequate funding. When needed or requested, federal government gives money to the individual states but these states are still responsible for their own preparedness or otherwise.

Back on topic back here in Thailand regarding the booze ban. If the PM had exercised his SoE powers and mandated a nationwide booze ban, the same noisome malcontents bleating about Thailand's rather scattergun approach to this issue would be gurning about 'dictatorship' and 'police state' and other stuff of nonsense.

Please get a grip.

2 hours ago, tominbkk said:

Kind of weird, I bought two big boxes of Australian red at the Makro on Changwattana yesterday afternoon (Nonthaburi).  But the list said it was banned.  So not sure how accurate that list is.

Oh, it's banned, even the local M&P shop has a sign "no alcohol 10-20 April", and that's a first. I'm guessing the Makro thing is an anomaly caused by this seeming to be a last minute decision and communication problems. I certainly didn't learn about it from any official announcement but from the signs in shops.

Edited by nausea
Spelling

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Absolutely correct. With regard to Australia, it was also a bit discouraging seeing the media making much of the public and even fire-department workers openly dissing their PM during the recent bush fires. They blamed the government and ranted about the PM being on vacation in Hawaii at the start of the outbreak. All this while ignoring the fact that the person in charge of NSW's emergency services was similarly indisposed at the height of their tragedy. The states raise money through taxes and fees for services and allocate what they see is adequate funding. When needed or requested, federal government gives money to the individual states but these states are still responsible for their own preparedness or otherwise.

Back on topic back here in Thailand regarding the booze ban. If the PM had exercised his SoE powers and mandated a nationwide booze ban, the same noisome malcontents bleating about Thailand's rather scattergun approach to this issue would be gurning about 'dictatorship' and 'police state' and other stuff of nonsense.

Please get a grip.

How did that get through? I thought I blocked this WUM years ago.

30 minutes ago, nomad2019 said:

What is the rule ?  

Can drink be sold at all ? 

Everything is not made clear, we are getting different messages about this.

Anyone know.

A link please

????????????????????????

What is unclear?

No alcoholic drinks to be sold, served or transported.

A thousand links but really too much.

Just be aware that every province governor can make up his own rules.