Americans, Have You Received Your Virus Stimulus Check From Trump Yet?

25 minutes ago, 20yearsinthai said:

I cant get my bank details in--it wont accept the numbers i have inputted..have tried almost all combinations

Form the IRS site. 

"The routing number must be nine digits. The first two digits must be 01 through 12 or 21 through 32. On the sample check shown here, the routing number is 250250025."

"The account number can be up to 17 characters (both numbers and letters). Include hyphens but omit spaces and special symbols. Enter the number from left to right and leave any unused boxes blank."

You cannot use a swift code for a foreign bank since the IRS does not send them that way.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Form the IRS site. 

"The routing number must be nine digits. The first two digits must be 01 through 12 or 21 through 32. On the sample check shown here, the routing number is 250250025."

"The account number can be up to 17 characters (both numbers and letters). Include hyphens but omit spaces and special symbols. Enter the number from left to right and leave any unused boxes blank."

You cannot use a swift code for a foreign bank since the IRS does not send them that way.

no problem with routing or acct number--problem is AGI and/or refund numbers---have done lots of research on this but system just comes up with  numbers don't match what we have on file--i have tried numbers for both 2018 and 2019 returns.  there is one more thing i will try later as have to wait for 24 hour unlock

38 minutes ago, 20yearsinthai said:

I cant get my bank details in--it wont accept the numbers i have inputted..have tried almost all combinations

I wouldn't give up hope.

Haven't received mine yet either. I'm going to wait a few more weeks. 

With no passenger flights scheduled to Thailand, the logistics of international mail has resulted in many delays. 

My wife just mailed off some insurance papers to the States. She was told it will take 5~6 weeks. It usually makes the trip in less than a week. 

Edited by Curt1591
4 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:

I wouldn't give up hope.

Haven't received mine yet either. I'm going to wait a few more weeks. 

With no passenger flights scheduled to Thailand, the logistics of international mail has resulted in many delays. 

My wife just mailed off some insurance papers to the States. She was told it will take 5~6 weeks. It usually makes the trip in less than a week. 

I agree... but some people got theirs by mail to thailand already--many others have not...  but would be nice if I could get bank details accepted

47 minutes ago, 20yearsinthai said:

What numbers are you talking about? Your AGI and refund amounts?

Never mind, I just read you post above. Sorry about that.

Edited by racyrick
Left out information.
7 minutes ago, 20yearsinthai said:

no problem with routing or acct number--problem is AGI and/or refund numbers---have done lots of research on this but system just comes up with  numbers don't match what we have on file--i have tried numbers for both 2018 and 2019 returns.  there is one more thing i will try later as have to wait for 24 hour unlock

Are you trying to do a standard 1040 form to report your income that is high enough to file a return? 

If your income is under the threshold to do a 1040 your should be using the non filers site. https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Are you trying to do a standard 1040 form to report your income that is high enough to file a return? 

If your income is under the threshold to do a 1040 your should be using the non filers site. https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here

He trying to input his bank info into the Get My Payment site since it's now allowing/asking him....so he can get his economic impact payment via direct deposit vs snail mail.   

But based on numerous posts I've seen in other blogs even if getting his bank info inputted/accepted unless he can get it in soon the IRS will just mail out a check/debit card.

25 minutes ago, 20yearsinthai said:

Have  you tried entering your negative AGI as a positive AGI since apparently that has worked for some people in the same situation as you having a negative AGI for 2018.   That is, enter 3000 vs -3000.

12 minutes ago, Pib said:

He trying to input his bank info into the Get My Payment site since it's now allowing/asking him....so he can get his economic impact payment via direct deposit vs snail mail. 

I don't think you have to enter your AGI or refund numbers on the get my payment site.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't think you have to enter your AGI or refund numbers on the get my payment site.

They apparently go through that AGI/refund verification process "when entering bank info." 

But just to get into the Get My Payment website to check status of your payment you do not need to enter AGI/refund info. 

25 minutes ago, Pib said:

But based on numerous posts I've seen in other blogs even if getting his bank info inputted/accepted unless he can get it in soon the IRS will just mail out a check/debit card.

basically yes--i have seen people report that they can't enter bank info because they never had any bank info in their returns.   But it seems others have been able to.  One thing i didn't try is the no refund option and enter 0.  People had said just select refund and then 0--I see both of my returns have the refund as a blank--no 0.  Anyway that's the last thing i will try  later

1 minute ago, 20yearsinthai said:

basically yes--i have seen people report that they can't enter bank info because they never had any bank info in their returns.   But it seems others have been able to.  One thing i didn't try is the no refund option and enter 0.  People had said just select refund and then 0--I see both of my returns have the refund as a blank--no 0.  Anyway that's the last thing i will try  later

Try 1. That is what is used on the non filers site. Not sure it will accept a 0.

2 minutes ago, 20yearsinthai said:

I see both of my returns have the refund as a blank--no 0.  Anyway that's the last thing i will try  later

Anytime a block on a tax form where a dollar amount could go is left "blank" it's assumed to be zero.  So anytime you are asked to enter the amount reflected on your tax form block XYZ and that block is blank then you would enter a zero.

2 minutes ago, Pib said:

Anytime a block on a tax form where a dollar amount could go is left "blank" it's assumed to be zero.  So anytime you are asked to enter the amount reflected on your tax form block XYZ and that block is blank then you would enter a zero.

Yeah--I've tried 0 already on the refund option... I will try 0 on the tax owed or no tax owed option

10 minutes ago, 20yearsinthai said:

how can u check when or if  they processed your return?  --I e-filed 2019 return late april

Check the IRS "Check My Refund" website.  Since you are not getting any refund you would enter 0 in the refund amount....if it doesn't accept 0, then try entering 1 dollar.   But with no refund coming it may just show whether received or not....would not say if processing is done.

https://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof/lang/en/irfofgetstatus.jsp

Edited by Pib
2 minutes ago, 20yearsinthai said:

how can u check when or if  they processed your return?  --I e-filed 2019 return late april

My refund was because the $16 I sent as "What I owed" was $1.92 too much. So, they sent me a refund. 

The 18 February date is from the deposit stamp on the check I sent them.  

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Pib said:

unless for example you are trying to check your refund status at

you will not be permitted to enter a "0" in the expected refund blank.

Please enter a valid Refund Amount and try again.

• If your Refund Amount is less than a dollar, enter one dollar.
  • Do not enter commas, dollar sign, or decimals.
  • Do not enter an amount greater than 9999999999.

• Please find and correct the mistake and click Submit.
1 minute ago, Andy from Kent said:

Possibly your income is over the 95,000 USD threshold for stimulus eligibility?

I qualify and was told check was sent out May 1--never received check so filed payment failure report and now site is asking me for bank info--which It won t accept the info I put in

2 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

not sure if results are valid if no refund is expected.

i efiled early february, and get my refund tells me "Your tax return is still being processed."

yeap...that's how it worked for folks who filed a simple return using the Non-Filers tool in order to get a stimulus payment.  The "Get My Refund" would show if a return was  received/accepted, but no further status since no refund was being sent, but a stimulus payment instead.  To check stimulus payment status a person needs to use the Get My Payment webpage.

3 minutes ago, 20yearsinthai said:

I qualify and was told check was sent out May 1--never received check so filed payment failure report and now site is asking me for bank info--which It won t accept the info I put in

i thought they  stopped accepting direct deposit information mid-may.

As long as you're eligible to receive one, the IRS can still send your stimulus payment, even if you missed the cutoff to give the agency your direct deposit banking info (the deadline was May 13).

https://www.cnet.com/personal-finance/its-too-late-to-direct-deposit-your-stimulus-check-heres-what-happens-now/

4 minutes ago, 20yearsinthai said:

Why don't you just call the IRS and ask them directly what the issue is?    It isn't so expensive to make such a call,  is it?

34 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

i thought they  stopped accepting direct deposit information mid-may.

As long as you're eligible to receive one, the IRS can still send your stimulus payment, even if you missed the cutoff to give the agency your direct deposit banking info (the deadline was May 13).

https://www.cnet.com/personal-finance/its-too-late-to-direct-deposit-your-stimulus-check-heres-what-happens-now/

That cutoff date apparently dealt for payments not sent yet. 

But apparently if your payment was mailed "and rejected back to the IRS" then the IRS allows entry of your bank info in an attempt to get the payment to you as your address is apparently bad.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-frequently-asked-questions#missing

image.png.2abf10f932ee6ebf9b8b77f378f96185.png

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1