Americans, Have You Received Your Virus Stimulus Check From Trump Yet?

12 hours ago, orang37 said:

link to get my payment help page:

my status, as I mentioned, as of 2 days ago, is: non-filer site used successfully, and IRS confirms accepted by e-mail.

my interpretation of the information above is that it will be 2 weeks before the GetMyPayment site is going to show any results. hypothesis: I may not get a direct deposit until July ?

thanks, ~o:37;

That's probably a best case scenario assuming there are no issues with your IRS record and stimulus payment eligibility. 

From my review of many posts on reddit regarding people's experience with using the Non Filers tool that the lucky ones got notice of payment to be made in approx two weeks.  But others have been waiting since the Non-filers tool became available around two months ago and still no update or payment.  Then there are others who have been waiting around two months since using the Non-filers tool and their payment is just now showing and they have no idea why theirs took so long compared to others who go payment much faster when using the Non-filers tool.    

Many people are having different results because of unknown reasons and in some cases people have found out from calls to the IRS that they have been claimed as a dependent or their SSN is coded as a non-US citizen/non-resident making them ineligible for a payment....or their payment went to child support arrears...or just an array of possible issues which has prevented or slowed down the payment. 

Many people are finding out there are issues they were completely unaware...issues that prevent the payment until the issue is resolved.

So, I figure around two weeks best case....around 3 weeks for the typical time to process a return....and maybe a couple of months (or longer) if there are issues with your IRS record.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Pib said:

That's probably a best case scenario assuming there are no issues with your IRS record and stimulus payment eligibility. 

Unless the IRS gave me incorrect info when I called them and was told there was no reason for my payment to be delayed or not paid. That was back when I was questioning them about the payment based upon my SSA transfer info.

I think I might get mine by the 2nd when my next SSA payment will arrive. That would be about 21 days from when I used the non filers site.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Unless the IRS gave me incorrect info when I called them and was told there was no reason for my payment to be delayed or not paid. That was back when I was questioning them about the payment based upon my SSA transfer info.

I think I might get mine by the 2nd when my next SSA payment will arrive. That would be about 21 days from when I used the non filers site.

If you are hoping for the IRS stimulus payment on 2 July because 2 Jul is the next monthly SSA benefit payment, well, the two payments are completely separate.  SS payments are made by SSA and stimulus payments by the IRS.  Additionally, the IRS makes direct deposit payments on Wednesdays like 1 Jul and check payments on Fridays.   You should also see approval of the stimulus payment on the IRS payment site(s) about a week before the payment actually occurs.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Pib said:

If you are hoping for the IRS stimulus payment on 2 July because 2 Jul is the next monthly SSA benefit payment, well, the two payments are completely separate.  SS payments are made by SSA and stimulus payments by the IRS.  Additionally, the IRS makes direct deposit payments on Wednesdays like 1 Jul and check payments on Fridays.   You should also see approval of the stimulus payment on the IRS payment site(s) about a week before the payment actually occurs.

I am fully aware it would be two separate payments from to two different entities.

I also wrote by the 2nd. If they did it on the 1st it would probably be here on the 2nd.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, wayned said:

I entered my US bank account information into the IRS website and got conformation by email that it was accepted on 8 May. Over the next couple of weeks I check the Get My Payment website and got the message that no information was available and gave up until I checked it again on 5 June and got the message that the payment would be deposited into the account that I registered with the IRS, not my Thai bank account where I had previously been receiving my monthly payments, on 10 June.  The $1200 was deposited into that bank account on 10 June.  Good luck!!

Thanks, and congratulation$ ???? did you use the Non-Filer facility ?

cheers, Bill

46 minutes ago, orang37 said:

Thanks, and congratulation$ ???? did you use the Non-Filer facility ?

cheers, Bill

The IRS website that I used was the one for non-filers. the one that they told us that we shouldn't use if we received SSA payments but didn't file 2018 or 2019 tax returns.  I was at the point that I would try anything so I filled it out and it evidently worked.

• Like 1

I've jumped through all of the hoops as recommended on the non-filer site and here is an update. It looks like this way might work after all. My next concern is what ubonjoe and Pib charges for their services...

SS stimulus 4.png

Edited by missoura
  • Like 1
On 6/19/2020 at 3:11 PM, missoura said:

I've jumped through all of the hoops as recommended on the non-filer site and here is an update. It looks like this way might work after all. My next concern is what ubonjoe and Pib charges for their services..

Your screen shot is the same one I see if I enter my information; but, that IRS facility appears to be about getting a tax refund; there's no mention of stimulus on that page. 

I successfully used the non-filer facility, and got two e-mails confirming receipt and acceptance.

I wonder if this IRS on-line facility is relevant to this topic ?

cheers, ~o:37;

5 hours ago, orang37 said:

Your screen shot is the same one I see if I enter my information; but, that IRS facility appears to be about getting a tax refund; there's no mention of stimulus on that page. 

It is relevant since shows the status of the info you entered that created a 1040 form that will be used for your stimulus payment. 

If you download or printed out that from you will see at the top of it "EIP2020" (Economic Impact Payment).

Until that form is processed you will not be getting a payment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did anybody not receive their stimulus check that was scheduled to be mailed out May 1st or earlier to Thailand?

If not, have you contacted the IRS, what number did you use and what did they say?

Thank you-I ask because mine still has not arrived that was scheduled to be mailed out May 1st.

31 minutes ago, racyrick said:

Did anybody not receive their stimulus check that was scheduled to be mailed out May 1st or earlier to Thailand?

If not, have you contacted the IRS, what number did you use and what did they say?

Thank you-I ask because mine still has not arrived that was scheduled to be mailed out May 1st.

Very few if any. I am still waiting. 54 days. I well wait tell the evening of July 6 our time then give them a call at +12679411000. 

Edited by khwaibah
38 minutes ago, racyrick said:

See Q56 here for info. https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center#receiving

You can also call the overseas operations here +1 2679411000 instead of the 800 number.

Called the US #267 number about 11AM EST ... twenty+ minutes later connected to a person,

Said person said I had used the Non_filer facility in error; refused to  believe my statement that the "do not use" caveat was incorrect for non-filers on SS, then, getting angry, asked why I was calling if I thought I "know my job better than I do."

When I told her I had received two messages from the IRS after completing the non-filer form, she called me a liar.

It was all downhill from there.  Maybe I'll try the #800 number. I now wonder if, as UbonJoe expressed in an earlier post, using the Non-filer facility was a mistake,

~o:37;

25 minutes ago, orang37 said:

It was all downhill from there.  Maybe I'll try the #800 number. I now wonder if, as UbonJoe expressed in an earlier post, using the Non-filer facility was a mistake,

No it was not. The same info I posted before is still on the IRS site. This the post I did. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1159075-americans-have-you-received-your-virus-stimulus-check-from-trump-yet/?do=findComment&comment=15506779

I think you just got the wrong person on the phone. 

• Like 2
21 hours ago, khwaibah said:

Very few if any. I am still waiting. 54 days. I well wait tell the evening of July 6 our time then give them a call at +12679411000. 

It looks as if just you and I did not receive our checks. We must have shared the same bag/container that was put on the stagecoach across the Pacific Ocean.

Have to wait until July 3 which is 9 weeks before they will put a trace and then it takes 6 weeks to trace before they send another check. After that, have to hope it does not get lost again. They will not change to a bank account. Terrible!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, orang37 said:

Called the US #267 number about 11AM EST ... twenty+ minutes later connected to a person,

Said person said I had used the Non_filer facility in error; refused to  believe my statement that the "do not use" caveat was incorrect for non-filers on SS, then, getting angry, asked why I was calling if I thought I "know my job better than I do."

When I told her I had received two messages from the IRS after completing the non-filer form, she called me a liar.

It was all downhill from there.

Sorry to hear how disrespectful the girl was to you. I was going to call the same number but now I don't know if I want to spend the money to be disrespected. I would file a complaint with their boss Steven Mnuchin at [email protected] to tell him the attitude of the girl you spoke with.

There is no reason to be disrespectful because we are on SS, and need answers to our questions, especially calling at your cost!

• Like 2
8 hours ago, orang37 said:

Well, you didn't receive two messages from the IRS if you are referring to the message you got when initiating hitting submit using the Non-Filers tool and then the follow-on message a little while later (probably only a few hours later) saying the IRS had accepted your submission.   And I seriously doubt the rep called you a liar....telling you the IRS had "not" sent you any messages is not calling you liar.

Those messages were from the the maker of the Non-Filers tool which is Intuit who produces TurboTax software.   The first message was just saying they transmitted it to the IRS and the second message was telling you the IRS accepted it. 

Maybe an analogy would be you going to the post office to mail something via EMS to immigration....the post offices accepts you mail and gives you an EMS tracking number....then when it delivered/signed for by the recipient/immigration you can see in the EMS tracking they received it.  But at that point you don't know what the recipient did with your mail....maybe opened and read it immediately....maybe tossed it into an inbox along with many other similar pieces of mail to be opened/read/processed later.

So, if you are referring to these two messages then the IRS rep is correct in that you have not received any message from the IRS; you have only received some status messages from a middle man which is Intuit. Standard status messages when efiling.   The IRS will not call or email/message anyone....they strictly use snail mail when they need to initiate communications with you. 

I know you want the stimulus payment, but it hasn't even been 10 days since you used the Non-Filer tool to submit your EIP form...it's going probably going to be "at least" three weeks before you might see a status change assuming there is nothing wrong with your IRS record.  Heck, in that reddit thread I gave earlier there are people who have been waiting since mid April for an update to their Non-filers submission.  It sucks but that's just the way it is.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, Pib said:

then the IRS rep is correct in that you have not received any message from the IRS; you have only received some status messages from a middle man which is Intuit.

I see your point, and I appreciate your taking time to respond. In fact, the service rep did use the word "liar" when I said I had received two responses after using the Non-filer facility.

I specifically quoted the second "accept" message to the rep:

Dear Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info customer:

Congratulations, the IRS has accepted your Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info return.

Your Submission ID is: ##########################

T do not find your EMS/third-party analogy viable here: the IRS is allowing Intuit to provide this service, and when a message from that service delivers a message from the IRS ... that's reliable information from the IRS.

From the beginning of the conversation, I knew I was dealing with someone who was under stress and angry; unfortunately, none of the skills I have from my years as a trained therapist .. often worked with disturbed and angry people ... in trying to calm, soothe, etc. ... were to no avail. With hindsight, I believe the way the rep "rattled off" her name and employee id at high-speed at the start should have clued me in.

And, second, I should have quietly bowed out when the "know my job better" sally came, early in the conversation.

yeah, I wasn't "on my toes" ... dealing with some medical issues that result in lethargy and reduced attention span.

mai phen rai, ~o:37;

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, MyTHaiMyKe said:

Has anyone here in Thailand on SS received their stimulus payment direct deposited in to their Bangkok Bank NY account yet?

I can recall one report of a payment going into a person's payment being paid via the New York branch into his direct deposit account in this topic.  But it was from filing a return not from direct deposit info given by the SSA.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, orang37 said:

I see your point, and I appreciate your taking time to respond. In fact, the service rep did use the word "liar" when I said I had received two responses after using the Non-filer facility.

I suggest you check this webpage to find out the status of your online filing of a tax return via the non filers site.

https://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof/lang/en/irfofgetstatus.jsp

I did mine on the 11th and it still shows this.

image.png.fc8ee30838eea4beecaa42fbf425bc9e.png

• Thanks 1

'MISTAKENLY' SENT: Hundreds of thousands of dollars in coronavirus relief payments have been sent to people behind bars across the United States, and now the IRS is asking state officials to help claw back the cash that the federal tax agency says was mistakenly sent.

Based on this "mid-May" tax software company survey seems most expats have not received their stimulus payment.  And I would hope this is expats who have their foreign address on file with the IRS versus expats who have their US address on file.  Survey didn't go into detail to talk subgroups of expats like SS/VA recipients who may not normally file tax returns. 

Survey results are pretty clear that if a person had not filed a 2018 return and just recently got around to filing a 2019 return then chances are low you have received your stimulus payment as of mid-May.  Yes, it is now late June....maybe the stats would look a lot better now if they took another survey....or maybe not significantly better.

When the United States government passed the stimulus check law in late March, it was off to the races for US taxpayers to receive their funds.

MyExpatTaxes, the leading US Expat Tax Software, wondered how successful Americans Abroad were in actually receiving this promised aide? They sent out a survey in mid-May, and hundreds of US expats shared their feedback to give you a quick snapshot of what is really happening outside the 50 states.

Key Takeaways from Survey Participants

• 62% already filed their 2019 tax return.
  • 29% have received their stimulus payments
  • 57% of those who received their stimulus payment reported that it took more than two weeks after filing their 2019 tax return to get it, with the majority stating it took at least four weeks or longer.

Are US Expats Actually Receiving Their Stimulus Payments from the IRS?

• Less than one-third of US expats received their stimulus check to date (29%).
  • The results are even grimmer for Americans Abroad who are not filing their annual tax returns timely every year. 93% of US expats that did not already have a 2018 tax return on file are still waiting for their financial assistance fund.

US Expats Who Filed 2019 US Taxes Between February and May

Here are the current survey results regarding Americans abroad filing between the months of February and May. Plus, whether they received their US expat stimulus check or not:

• US Expats who filed in February: 77% of US expat respondents who filed in this period already received their stimulus payment. 
  • US Expats who filed in March: 48% of US expat respondents who filed in this period already received their stimulus payment. 
  • US Expats who filed in April: Only 38% of US expat respondents who filed in this period already received their stimulus payment. 
  • US Expats who filed in May: A mere 19% who filed in the first two weeks of May already received their stimulus payment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, MyTHaiMyKe said:

But dead people and people in prison received theirs!

Yeap...probably because the IRS has no direct way of identifying those incarcerated plus even the incarcerated can file tax returns so the IRS computers see them as eligible.  A person is not relieved of the requirement to file a federal return simply because they got sent to prison...they can still easily have passive and active income underway from legal investments/business that is continuing while they are incarcerated.  And if a person passed away in 2018/2019 but it's not reflected in IRS computers then a payment got sent.   With around a 160 million stimulus payments sent so far I'm not surprised at all that thousands of stimulus payments were made which shouldn't have been.    

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Pib said:

The results are even grimmer for Americans Abroad who are not filing their annual tax returns timely every year. 93% of US expats that did not already have a 2018 tax return on file are still waiting for their financial assistance fund.

I think many of us still waiting for them here are in that category.

For those getting SSA payment I don't think they have shared the info required with the IRS or they they have not figured out how to do it yet.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I suggest you check this webpage to find out the status of your online filing of a tax return via the non filers site.

https://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof/lang/en/irfofgetstatus.jsp

fyi: that IRS site, and other sir=tes, are down, now:

This service will be unavailable due to system maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience. If more information is available, you can find it by selecting the service from the Tools page.

~o:37;

• Thanks 1