Americans, Have You Received Your Virus Stimulus Check From Trump Yet?

The "survey" Khun P1b cited is here: click .. MyExpatTaxes survey

I note the survey repeats the "if your on SS, you don't need to file" mantra:

Social Security recipients who are not typically required to file a tax return do not need to take any action. They will receive their 1200 dollar checks directly to their bank account by paper check. Just as they would normally receive their benefits.

This mantra has been inserted by a diabolical consortium including the ominous planet Rahu, and secret groups that cannot be named whose goal is the extermination of US expats.

I sent this site a message suggesting they read this thread ????

~o:37;

Edited by orang37
teething pain after re-birth as insect
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The survey was done in May. "They sent out a survey in mid-May"

The post that contained different info was done on June 10th.

Sorry, Khun UbonJoe, I am not sure what post "done on June 10th" you refer to here ... post on this thread, post on some IRS site ... or ... ?

This still appears on the FAQ page of the getmypayment site:

You will not be able to use Get My Payment to provide your bank account information. The IRS will use the information from SSA or VA to generate your payment

This still appears on the NonFiler facility:

Who will receive the Economic Impact Payment automatically without taking additional steps?

Most eligible U.S. taxpayers will automatically receive their Economic Impact Payments including:

• Individuals who filed a federal income tax for 2018 or 2019
  • Those receiving Social Security retirement, disability (SSDI), survivor benefits"

thanks, ~o:37l

13 minutes ago, orang37 said:

Sorry, Khun UbonJoe, I am not sure what post "done on June 10th" you refer to here ... post on this thread, post on some IRS site ... or ... ?

Question 20 here that I posted info about on June 11th that if I recall correctly you read on that day.

.https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

image.png.ebff194ebe1c77ddf71ef44f1d6cf2bb.png

You are not required to file a return and already received your Payment based on your 2019 Social Security retirement, survivor or disability benefits (SSDI), Railroad Retirement benefits, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Veterans Affairs benefits even if you think you did not receive the full amount.

I had not received my payment on that day so I used the the non filers site file it.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Question 20 here that I posted info about on June 11th that if I recall correctly you read on that day.

.https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

image.png.ebff194ebe1c77ddf71ef44f1d6cf2bb.png

You are not required to file a return and already received your Payment based on your 2019 Social Security retirement, survivor or disability benefits (SSDI), Railroad Retirement benefits, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Veterans Affairs benefits even if you think you did not receive the full amount.

I had not received my payment on that day so I used the the non filers site file it.

on that same page:

A16. You are not required to file a tax return and will automatically receive a $1,200 Payment if you received Social Security retirement, SSDI, survivors benefits, SSI, Railroad Retirement benefits, or VA Compensation and Pension (C&P) benefits in 2019. You do not need to contact the IRS, Social Security Administration (SSA), the Railroad Retirement Board (RRB) or Veterans Affairs. The IRS will use the information from your 2019 benefits to generate a Payment to you if you did not file tax returns in 2018 or 2019. You will receive your Payment as a direct deposit or by mail, just as you would normally receive your federal benefits.

Given the amount of confusion around use of Non_filer, the fact that the prohibitive language is still there, on two IRS sites: raises doubts about your inference that the fact you had not been paid on June 10 yet meant you should use the non-filer facility. imho, Q20 is ambiguous.

also interesting is that the Non-filer facility provides a special EIP form 1040 for 2020, not 2018, or 2019.

Of course, proof is in the pudding: if those on direct deposit SS who didn't file, but did use the non-filer facility are now receiving the stimulu$ ... wonderful ... no less wonderful because of the sad fact it seems dd SS expats who did not use non-filer are not getting paid.

cheers, ~o:37;

From the SSA website as of 25 June.

https://www.ssa.gov/coronavirus/

If I live outside the United States and not in a U.S. Territory, how and when will I get my economic impact payment (EIP)?

Social Security beneficiaries with a foreign address whose monthly benefit is deposited in a foreign bank will receive their EIP by paper check in the mail, because the IRS does not deposit money into foreign accounts. The IRS anticipates it will start mailing these EIPs no later than July 24. Beneficiaries living abroad who receive their monthly benefit through a domestic bank should receive their EIP by direct deposit to that same account on or about July 24.

Social Security Beneficiaries

The IRS has processed most economic impact payments for Social Security (retirement, survivors, disability) beneficiaries whether they did or did not file a 2019 or 2018 tax return, except for a beneficiary who did not file a 2019 or 2018 tax return who also has a representative payee. If the beneficiary used the IRS’ Non-Filer Tool, the IRS is processing payments weekly, even if the beneficiary may have a representative payee.

18 minutes ago, Pib said:

From the SSA website as of 25 June.

https://www.ssa.gov/coronavirus/

And, what do you think these additional official contradictory statements actually mean, in terms of getting payment ?

Note these comments on the first link you posted page:

If you used the IRS’ Non-Filer Tool, you will receive your payment by May 13 to the non-Direct Express bank account you may have provided. The IRS will begin mailing paper checks on May 15 to SSI recipients who receive their monthly SSI payment by paper check, and to SSI recipients who used the IRS’ Non-Filer Tool but left the bank account information empty.

Which path out of the labyrinth are you trying ? ????

Edited by orang37
memory recovered after alien abduction

Just had to share the moment...  SS BKK Bank Non-filer here.  'Decided to follow other posters' advice and finally used the non-filer tool on June 11.  'Just did my daily check of the Get My Payment/Refund Status page and it shows "deposit to be made on 1 July" to my BKK Bank New York account.  PURE Joy!  Thanks to everyone for their experience, strength and hope.  Hope everyone get their own "happy ending."

• Thanks 2
21 minutes ago, MamaSan said:

Just had to share the moment...  SS BKK Bank Non-filer here.  'Decided to follow other posters' advice and finally used the non-filer tool on June 11.  'Just did my daily check of the Get My Payment/Refund Status page and it shows "deposit to be made on 1 July" to my BKK Bank New York account.  PURE Joy!  Thanks to everyone for their experience, strength and hope.  Hope everyone get their own "happy ending."

Same for me on the get my payment site.

image.png.af1cec31111567183f3927554ef803f6.png

Scratched out the last 4 numbers of my account number that was correct.

:partytime2:

• Thanks 2
23 minutes ago, MamaSan said:

Me too, just this morning.

I'm a non filer on SS with DD to BBK Bank. However, when I used the tool on July 11 I gave them a US bank account that they did not know about. They say they will deposit the check to that account so definitely they use the non-filers banking information.

Thank's UbonJoe.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, orang37 said:

Of course, proof is in the pudding: if those on direct deposit SS who didn't file, but did use the non-filer facility are now receiving the stimulu$ ... wonderful ... no less wonderful because of the sad fact it seems dd SS expats who did not use non-filer are not getting paid.

Mine is being paid on the 1st of July. Check the get my payment site for an update on yours.

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Same for me on the get my payment site.

image.png.af1cec31111567183f3927554ef803f6.png

Scratched out the last 4 numbers of my account number that was correct.

Almost exactly 21 days after using the non filers site that is mentioned on the Where's My Refund? site (still only shows it was received).

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

'Just did my daily check of the Get My Payment/Refund Status page and it shows "deposit to be made on 1 July" to my BKK Bank New York account.

Is this where you checked?

Get Refund Status

https://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof/lang/en/irfofgetstatus.jsp

I did my free fillable form - Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info on may 17 and it was accepted May 18.

Same for me! "Deposit to be made on 1 July" Hooray!!!

I'll wait till the money is in the bank, but then I can close this tab. It's been open for three months and I have read every post through 87 pages. What a mess but hopefully for all it is coming to an end.

• Like 2

Ditto (i.e., scheduled 1 July DD payment to Bangkok Bank) for the couple I hand-walked thru using the Non-Filers tool on 10 June...see post #1144 on 10 June.  When using the "Get My Payment" site it shows both have a scheduled direct deposit to Bangkok Bank for 1 July, but I expect it's just one incoming payment for $2,400 like how the wife and I got our $2,400 payment to our US bank back in mid April.  

But when using the "Where is My Refund" site it still just shows the return as received for both of them....that may not never change since the Non-Filers return is not a normal/typical return.  

The couple's payment has to be based on the Non-Filers submission since they are getting it the same day and one of them would have not got any stimulus payment unless doing the Non-Filers submission since he/neither of them had submitted a federal return for many years (no need due to low income) and only one is drawing SS retirement monthly.  

As mentioned in the 10 June post the Bangkok Bank acct is in the wife's name only for receipt of monthly SS benefits via ACH. The husband does not have a Bangkok Bank acct with his name on it.  I told them they will either get lucky and Bangkok Bank will not reject payment since it at least has the wife's name on it also....or it will get rejected...and then the IRS will mail a check. 

I also told them that while the wife should get a $1,200 payment if doing nothing since she is drawing a monthly SS benefit that Treasury had indicated most payments had already went out so maybe there is some issue with her payment which a Non-filers submission will help with "AND" the husband would absolutely not get any stimulus payment unless they use the Non-filers tool.  I basically told them it appears they can only gain by doing a Non-filers submission.  They agreed...so a joint Non-filers return was submitted on 10 June.

10 June to 1 July is 21 days....matches right up with the IRS's goal to get a return/refund processed within 21 days for 90% of filers. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, parallaxtech said:

UJ:  I filed in 2018/9 and the site says my payment was sent to Thailand 15May.  Should I just wait or use the non-filer's?

I assume that is when they mailed a check to you. You can only wait for it show up now. After 9 weeks from May 15th you can contact the IRS about not receiving it.

• Like 1

From a 25 June 2020 GAO Report, page 220, regarding stimulus payments which should have included $500 for qualifying children.   This deals with people who used the Non-filers tool from 10 Apr - 17 May which did not properly calculate/include qualifying children. Or maybe said another way, the Non-Filers tool had a major glitch/bug.   For those folks it appears IRS is working to correct the problem and send $500 payments for eligible children.  However, I don't see any mention of such on the IRS website (yet).   See partial quote from report below.

The report also talked over one million payments sent to dead people.   I had earlier commented the number of deceased receiving payments was probably just in the thousands with media news articles exaggerating the number of such payments for click-bait purposes, but the GAO report confirms 1.1 million payments were issued to the deceased. 

This report is over 400 page long and talks a ton subjects regarding the CARES Act, but pages 217 thru 224 talk about the EIP.

https://www.gao.gov/products/GAO-20-625

Non-filers: IRS had to figure out how to deliver payments to people who did not file tax returns for 2019 or 2018. Individuals with gross income below a certain amount, including some individuals who receive federal benefits, such as Social Security that is not subject to tax, are among those who do not generally need to file a tax return. IRS announced it would automatically deliver payments to eligible non-filers using data provided by the SSA, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and the Railroad Retirement Board (RRB). However, the data did not include information on qualifying children. 378 To get a payment for a qualifying child, SSA, RRB, and VA benefit recipients, who did not file a tax return for tax years 2018 or 2019, needed to use an online non-filer tool to enter information about a qualifying child by certain dates. 379 Otherwise, IRS said these recipients will have to file a Tax Year 2020 return (in 2021) to receive a payment for a qualifying child.

According to IRS officials, from April 10 to May 17, 2020, payment calculations did not include additional money for qualifying children claimed on returns submitted through the online non-filer tool. IRS officials estimate up to 450,000 recipients did not receive a payment that included additional money for their qualifying children. IRS officials said they are working to identify and adjust the accounts of these filers to recognize the number of qualifying children claimed and provide supplemental payments by the end of July. IRS officials said that returns received after May 17 marked the qualifying children correctly and they were included in the payment computation.

• Thanks 1

i ignored the statement about needing to file in the IRS non-filers website and filled it in in early May and got the message that it was accepted on 8 May.  Some time later the get my payment website was updated to say that the payment would be deposited into the account on 19 June, and lo and behold it was.  Good lucj everybody as I am now here living  in Florida the new Corvid19 capital of the world!!

• Like 2

Congratulation$ to those who received payments !

Since I completed the Non-Fiiler dance on June 17, hopefully get my payment will show something, soon.

Wish my broken crystal ball would give me a vision of EIP payment, and/or regular monthly SS, received before July 4 ... so I could schedule a medical procedure, but given July 3/4 are US holidays ,,, sigh,

Thanks, again, to UbonJoe, P1b, and the rest of Yhee, for making this thread valuable.

no EIP ?  we're not alone: click:  "Extreme delays" for millions of taxpayers awaiting IRS refunds ... CBS News June 30.

The other problem with the delays, Collins noted, is that it could affect a taxpayer's federal stimulus check. That's because the IRS is relying on either a taxpayer's 2019 or 2018 tax return to calculate their "economic impact payment," the official term for the payments. Halting the processing of 2019's tax returns "caused confusion for many taxpayers" in determining their eligibility for the payments, she noted.

Incorrect stimulus checks

Along those lines, "many individuals" have either not yet received a stimulus check to which they are entitled or have gotten a smaller payment than they should have received, Collins said. 

She didn't specify the number of taxpayers impacted by incorrect stimulus check amounts, but earlier this month the U.S. Government Accountability Office said that up to 450,000 individuals didn't receive $500 payments for children who qualified for the benefit.

~o:37;

Edited by orang37
memory recovered after alien abduction
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, lexilis said:

Got it also! I am going to officially close this tab now. Its a pity about the exchange rate closing in on 30 again though.

Please do not close this thread; it's a good resource for other people who are starting to research their EIP status. For people like me who have not received the EIP, it can be a place to post further developments as we actively search the web for news.

• Thanks 2
2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Mine was just credited to my Bangkok Bank account. Copy of SMS from them ($1195 is after $5 fee was taken out of the $1200).

"IRS  TREAS 310 has transferred THB36,606.00 (USD1,[email protected] - THB200.00) from abroad into" 

A friend got his credited to his US bank account last night.

Happy Stimulus Day!  Thank you all for the inspiration to attempt the non-filers option.  Happy to finally leave this thread in peace...

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 6/27/2020 at 10:41 AM, Pib said:

Ditto (i.e., scheduled 1 July DD payment to Bangkok Bank) for the couple I hand-walked thru using the Non-Filers tool on 10 June...see post #1144 on 10 June.  When using the "Get My Payment" site it shows both have a scheduled direct deposit to Bangkok Bank for 1 July, but I expect it's just one incoming payment for $2,400 like how the wife and I got our $2,400 payment to our US bank back in mid April.  

As mentioned in the 10 June post the Bangkok Bank acct is in the wife's name only for receipt of monthly SS benefits via ACH. The husband does not have a Bangkok Bank acct with his name on it.  I told them they will either get lucky and Bangkok Bank will not reject payment since it at least has the wife's name on it also....or it will get rejected...and then the IRS will mail a check. 

The couple I helped with their Non-Filers submission did receive their joint stimulus payment on 1 July....$2,400 minus the Bkk Bk NY branch $10 fee (since the transfer was over $2K) and the local Bkk Bk Bt200 fee.  They showed me the Bkk Bk SMS they got.  Happy they are.   

And I noticed the SMS had "IRS 310" in the payment description which means it was "not" in ACH "IAT" format.  And that falls inline with what another ThaiVisa poster PMed me a few weeks ago that his mid June phone call with a Bangkok Bank NY branch rep confirmed the NY branch was still letting "government" payments not in IAT format (i.e., domestic format) pass through. However, a non-govt payment like a personal ACH transfer from your US bank not in IAT format will be rejected. 

I expect the US Treasury is allowing Bangkok Bank to continue to receive "U.S. govt payments" not in ACH "IAT" format (a.k.a., domestic format) since the sender (US govt) is a trusted source and the transfer is for a known specific reason to a validated person....AND because some U.S. govt agencies are still in the processing of being able to send in IAT format also....they only send in domestic format.  Agencies like the SSA can send in ACH IAT or ACH domestic format (and also IDD SWIFT format) depending on whether you have a foreign or U.S. address onfile with them.  But the IRS apparently only sends in domestic ACH format.

• Like 1
On 6/29/2020 at 1:07 PM, orang37 said:

Wish my broken crystal ball would give me a vision of EIP payment, and/or regular monthly SS, received before July 4 ... so I could schedule a medical procedure, but given July 3/4 are US holidays ,,, sigh,

You should have got your monthly SSA payment on 2 July whether going to a US bank or Bangkok Bank as 3 July is the observed 4 July holiday in the US....due to 3 July being the observed holiday the SSA payment will be sent/coded to deposit on 2 July vs the normal 3rd day of the month for those folks with foreign addresses onfile with the SSA.  

For me, my US bank showed the SSA monthly deposit on 1 July (my bank credits such payments 1 day early)...my wife got her monthly SSA deposit via IDD to Bangkok Bank this morning/2 July.....and a neighbor you gets her SSA monthly deposit via ACH to Bangkok Bank also got her payment this morning/2 July.

• Like 1