Americans, Have You Received Your Virus Stimulus Check From Trump Yet?

And where above says if they don't get your bank info they will hold you payment "pending address update," below IRS weblink tells how to update your address with the IRS via mail or oral notification.   But if you update via oral notification (i.e., call them) they will put you through a verification process which may include needing to correctly identify AGI, refund amount, etc. 

https://www.irs.gov/faqs/irs-procedures/address-changes

31 minutes ago, Pib said:

That cutoff date apparently dealt for payments not sent yet. 

But apparently if your payment was mailed "and rejected back to the IRS" then the IRS allows entry of your bank info in an attempt to get the payment to you as your address is apparently bad.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-frequently-asked-questions#missing

image.png.2abf10f932ee6ebf9b8b77f378f96185.png

14 days is for domestic checks.  It was 9 weeks for overseas at which point I filed the payment trace form 3911--filed by fax and next day status changed to enter bank info.. 

59 minutes ago, 20yearsinthai said:
1 hour ago, Andy from Kent said:

Why don't you just call the IRS and ask them directly what the issue is?    It isn't so expensive to make such a call,  is it?

I will do that eventually

Unless you like stress and the unknown, I wonder why you don't simply call as soon as possible.  You're quite obviously concerned about this matter.

Even a direct call without an app. doesn't break the bank.   Or does it?

1 minute ago, Andy from Kent said:

Unless you like stress and the unknown, I wonder why you don't simply call as soon as possible.  You're quite obviously concerned about this matter.

Even a direct call without an app. doesn't break the bank.   Or does it?

Maybe I don't like being put on hold and waiting for 1-2 hours and then maybe getting kicked off.  That is what is happening.

On 7/15/2020 at 3:23 PM, Pib said:

For anyone who does use the Non-filers tool although it's simple & short where you only have to basically enter your name, SSN, address, bank info is wanting direct deposit, and clicking a few selections, be very-very careful where it asks you if "Someone Can Claim you or (if doing a joint submission) your spouse as a dependent."  Repeat, be very careful as that area seems to confuse a lot of folks.

From reading a Reddit thread on stimulus payments where thousands of people have posted their stories about their stimulus payment (or lack there of) and use of the Non-filer tool, it seems many people got confused with that Non-filers question and they incorrectly select that they can be claimed as a dependent on someone else's return. Like answering from a standpoint of "Yea, I guess someone could claim me like one of my adult kids but they are not claiming me."  If they make such a selection then that makes them ineligible to receive a stimulus payment. 

A few Reddit posters even swore when they first started the Non-filers form (even before making any data entry) one of the dependent blocks was already checked and they just didn't change it because because they thought the block had to be checked/selected or they thought it as just a hypothetical type question.  Personally I figure they just messed up, the block was not already selected/checked, they didn't really understand the question, and ended-up checking that someone else could claim them as a dependent even though no one was claiming them. 

Of course be truthful in the Non-filers return....if someone like a family member is indeed claiming you or your spouse as a dependent on their annual federal return then check the block.  A lot of minors "and adults" are claimed by other adult family members because those other family members are providing a level of income support to another person.  Example: when an adult child is claiming their parent as a dependent...and if you are that parent being claimed as a dependent the IRS knows that based on the adult child's federal return which makes you ineligible for a $1,200 stimulus payment

Just be sure you do not check one of he dependent blocks if no one is claiming you/spouse as a dependent....leave the below boxes blank/not selected.  Just be very careful in this area.   Remember, if you are a dependent you are not eligible for a $1,200 stimulus payment.

image.png.a1024a13b6bff180f74a36a1f490940b.png

That's the mistake I made, checking can someone claim your spouse as a dependent. I tried to re submit it but it had already gone through. When I talked to the IRS, twice,the told me, the first time, "I will forward it on up to be fixed". I waited a week and called again. The second man said the first man was wrong, that no one can make manual changes now, and he said I would have to file that stimulus as a credit next year. He said it looked on my form that I claimed myself, that my social security number was there twice. I said , as I looked at the form, that only mine and my daughters were there. He said they don't see the same form as I do. I told him he should be looking at what I sent, and he can see that it's correct, besides the box being checked, can anyone claim your spouse as a dependent. Does anyone know how you file using the stimulus as a credit next year? I see we might get another stimulus, and that would mean they would go by my recently filed return, which would again reject me.

15 hours ago, racyrick said:

The get my payment site changed to get my bank details which I did and hope I get the payment by direct deposit instead of waiting for a check.

Can anyone expand on the ability to CORRECT, or UPDATE one's Direct Deposit routing/account details?

I did file a 2018 and 2019 return, but made a mistake entering my DD details. I would like to correct that if possible?

Barring that, I guess we can take credit on the EIP payment on our 2020 1040 if we didn't receive it? 

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

Does anyone know how you file using the stimulus as a credit next year? I see we might get another stimulus, and that would mean they would go by my recently filed return, which would again reject me.

You are going to need to wait till next year to file for the stimulus tax credit.   The IRS will be providing more details and modified tax forms when they publish tax filing guidance/forms for tax year 2020....this guidance/forms will not occur until late 2020 just before filing time in early 2021. 

It's sure a mess with errors people unknowingly made, so-so IRS guidance, glitches in the IRS computers, and COVID impacts.  And with a 2nd round of payments probably for $1,200 per eligible adult along with $500 for eligible dependents I expect it will get even messier. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Can anyone expand on the ability to CORRECT, or UPDATE one's Direct Deposit routing/account details?

I did file a 2018 and 2019 return, but made a mistake entering my DD details. I would like to correct that if possible?

Barring that, I guess we can take credit on the EIP payment on our 2020 1040 if we didn't receive it? 

I thought it says that if DD bank deposit was rejected that they would send a check

52 minutes ago, 20yearsinthai said:

I thought it says that if DD bank deposit was rejected that they would send a check

Yes. In my case a check was mailed May 8, 2020, still not received.

Still looking for a way to CORRECT direct deposit details for FUTURE payments.

18 minutes ago, andy said:

Had multiple calls with the IRS taxpayer line the last few months, they indicated this was not possible unless you were able to access Get My Payment within the limited timeframe they were accepting DD details.  In my case, Get My Payment opened for me only after I called and the IRS confirmed my check (May 1 mailing date) had been returned back to them.  I entered DD details and got the payment via DD about 10 days later - after the phone rep had told me again and again that only a check payment was possible.

Did u have any problems entering your DD info?  Was it bangkok bank? or US bank?  I cant seem to get it to accept the data that I enter..

My wife and I are non-filers and collecting SS retirement. When I first heard about the stimulus checks, I did a Google search and it said we didn't have to do anything, that the money would be deposited to our direct deposit US bank account.

We haven't done a thing and today there was a $1,200 deposit. It didn't say if the deposit was for me or the wife and I'll just have to wait and see if we get another $1,200 or not.

2 hours ago, 20yearsinthai said:

Did u have any problems entering your DD info?  Was it bangkok bank? or US bank?  I cant seem to get it to accept the data that I enter..

The reason your data is not being accepted is not because you are using Bangkok Bank but because you are failing the AGI/refund verification entries. 

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Yes. In my case a check was mailed May 8, 2020, still not received.

Still looking for a way to CORRECT direct deposit details for FUTURE payments.

Unless your "mailed" stimulus check which you said earlier is somewhere in the mail system right now gets rejected back to the IRS you will not be able to use the Get My Payment tool to update your direct deposit bank info.   

The two Q&As below from the IRS Get My Payment webpage seem to contradict each other but really they don't.  The first one saying no-can-change the bank info but the second one saying can-do if your payment is returned/rejected to the IRS (this would be a rejected direct deposit or an undeliverable  snail mail check) the Get My Payment tool will then allow you to update your bank info so the IRS can attempt payment via direct deposit again.

And below the two IRS Q&As is some HR Block regarding changing your direct deposit info for a "refund" after your return has been IRS accepted.  I know we are talking a stimulus payment vs a refund but the IRS has generally tried to follow it's current rules for refunds as much as possible for stimulus payments....although they have been bending their rules for this black swan stimulus payment event.  The HR Block info says a person will need to contact the IRS directly as in calling them to see if it's doable.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-frequently-asked-questions#bank

image.png.0245f69246ba629e111eb2c61170bdd3.png

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-frequently-asked-questions#bank

image.png.ddc1811712984047bdc06ac0ef66aa94.png

From HR Block website

https://www.hrblock.com/tax-center/support/online/online-tax-filing/finalizing-online-return/change-routing-number-tax-refunds/

image.png.c0ee123967cbbd593a2af261ae1258da.png

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Pib said:

The reason your data is not being accepted is not because you are using Bangkok Bank but because you are failing the AGI/refund verification entries. 

I agree but maybe that poster had some insight on how he got his info accepted..  In an earlier post I believe from ubonjoe it said account numbers should include the dashs between numbers--i did not put those in i will try that later.  I don't see how that would fix but u never know.. Message I get is information provided does not match your records on file.  You never know that could be the same message if bank account number is not formatted correctly

2 hours ago, zlodnick said:

My wife and I are non-filers and collecting SS retirement. When I first heard about the stimulus checks, I did a Google search and it said we didn't have to do anything, that the money would be deposited to our direct deposit US bank account.

We haven't done a thing and today there was a $1,200 deposit. It didn't say if the deposit was for me or the wife and I'll just have to wait and see if we get another $1,200 or not.

My Thai wife and I both got $1200 deposited into our US credit union accounts as non-filers on the 25th.  Never did anything other than check the Get My Payment app a couple of weeks ago and it said we would receive the stimulus payments on the 29th so it came four days earlier.

Appears there will be another $1200 paid to the same people on the first go around but with the trouble people are having getting a physical check, you may be in for a very long wait, especially with all the turmoil going on back in the US.  Good luck.

39 minutes ago, 20yearsinthai said:

I agree but maybe that poster had some insight on how he got his info accepted..  In an earlier post I believe from ubonjoe it said account numbers should include the dashs between numbers--i did not put those in i will try that later.  I don't see how that would fix but u never know.. Message I get is information provided does not match your records on file.  You never know that could be the same message if bank account number is not formatted correctly

The same thing happened to me. All I can tell you is what worked for me.

First, use your 2018 tax return info. Make sure your AGI is correct.

If you did NOT have to pay taxes OR you are NOT getting a refund, then it doesn't matter what box you check as to I am getting a refund or I owe taxes, just make sure you check one of the boxes and for the amount, simply enter 0.

This allowed me to enter my bank details. Hope that works.

8 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

As you have read in several posts, the only way you can enter bank details now is to call the IRS and tell them you did not receive your check and to send a replacement. In a few days when you go to the get my payment site, the box will change and now ask you to enter your bank details. This is what I did for my check that was mailed on May 1st and never received.

2 minutes ago, racyrick said:

The same thing happened to me. All I can tell you is what worked for me.

First, use your 2018 tax return info. Make sure your AGI is correct.

If you did NOT have to pay taxes OR you are NOT getting a refund, then it doesn't matter what box you check as to I am getting a refund or I owe taxes, just make sure you check one of the boxes and for the amount, simply enter 0.

This allowed me to enter my bank details. Hope that works.

ive tried everything--little snag is that my agi from 2018 was negative--but ive tried all the combinations so far--your bank account number--did u include the dashes?

1 hour ago, 20yearsinthai said:

I don't remember any post about including dashes in your bank acct info but maybe there was as my memory gets shorter everyday.  I think if you do enter dashes in certain data fields like bank acct info the IRS system ignores the dashes as if you never entered them.  

I do remember one post saying be sure to enter dashes in your SSN when entering the Get My Payment otherwise you'll can't logon.   I knew that was wrong as I logon "without" using dashes in my SSN....and I also tried logging on "with" dashes which worked also. 

So, the IRS system just ignores dashes for certain data fields where some people might use them like for SSN and bank acct. 

And in that video back at post 1430 it say to enter the bank acct info without hyphens (dashes).

image.png.026dcd07fdddda151ed32ee186685499.png

Edited by Pib
4 minutes ago, Pib said:

I don't remember any post about including dashes in your bank acct info but maybe there was as my memory gets shorter everyday.  I think if you do enter dashes in certain data fields like bank acct info the IRS system ignores the dashes as if you never entered them.  

I do remember one post saying be sure to enter dashes in your SSN when entering the Get My Payment otherwise you'll can't logon.   I knew that was wrong as I logon "without" using dashes in my SSN....and I also tried logging on "with" dashes which worked also. 

So, the IRS system just ignores dashes for certain data fields where some people might use them like for SSN and bank acct. 

FYI  

Form the IRS site. 

"The routing number must be nine digits. The first two digits must be 01 through 12 or 21 through 32. On the sample check shown here, the routing number is 250250025."

"The account number can be up to 17 characters (both numbers and letters). Include hyphens but omit spaces and special symbols. Enter the number from left to right and leave any unused boxes blank."

same with me on ss number--enter without dashes works--gonna try the dashes in  a few minutes will be unlocked

1 minute ago, 20yearsinthai said:

FYI  

Form the IRS site. 

"The routing number must be nine digits. The first two digits must be 01 through 12 or 21 through 32. On the sample check shown here, the routing number is 250250025."

"The account number can be up to 17 characters (both numbers and letters). Include hyphens but omit spaces and special symbols. Enter the number from left to right and leave any unused boxes blank."

same with me on ss number--enter without dashes works--gonna try the dashes in  a few minutes will be unlocked

Take a look at my post just a few seconds before yours....it says enter "without" hyphens.

7 minutes ago, Pib said:

Take a look at my post just a few seconds before yours....it says enter "without" hyphens.

Different info on different pages of the IRS site apparently.

I found what I posted on page 98 from a different page for direct deposits.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I found what I posted on page 98 form a different page for direct deposits.

Just tried and got a specific error regarding bank acct  must be all numerals  no dashes--locked out again-now totally stumped

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I found what I posted on page 98 from a different page for direct deposits.

Sounds like that info was from annual return 1040 instructions where it does say enter hyphens.  But in the Get My Payment tool where they ask to enter your bank info they say do not use hyphens and spaces.  Maybe the Get My Payment tool don't like hyphens/spaces....then again maybe it will still accept a bank number with spaces/hyphens but simply ignores the spaces/hyphens. 

But yea, no shortage of IRS guidance that seems to conflict....or what they said last week changes the following week.

16 minutes ago, 20yearsinthai said:

Just tried and got a specific error regarding bank acct  must be all numerals  no dashes--locked out again-now totally stumped

So, like as shown in the video dashes are a no-go in the bank acct info when using the Get My Payment site.  

What error did you get for rejection when you did "not" use dashes?  I thought the errors you were getting before were due to your AGI/refund amount entry with no mention of bad bank acct info.

While the IRS system could immediately confirm whether the routing number is a valid number by bumping it against a bank routing number public database (not saying they are doing that but they easily could), the IRS system can not immediately confirm the acct number is correct/valid other than check the acct number for min-max length and whether its all numbers. Any set of acct numbers would pass as long as the min-max and all numbers criteria were met.  The IRS would only find out the acct number is bad once the direct deposit got rejected back to them.

Edited by Pib