Americans, Have You Received Your Virus Stimulus Check From Trump Yet?

4 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Check mailed May 8

Not received

Faxed Form 3911 on July 30

GMP today asks for bank/1040 info: successfully entered

Can anyone taking a similar path advise on when to look for the DirDep?

my info was entered july 30---still don't have a payment date...someone else here posted that they got the DD 10 days after successfully entered info.

actually haven't checked my bank account but i think i would have been notified via bank sms

Talked to IRS. Lady said they won't be making manual changes any time soon, and there are quite a few that are in the same boat as I am, where their computer made an error, thinking I claimed myself as a dependent. She said there may be a chance that they will be making corrections later this year but it would probably be better if i just put the stimulus as a credit on next year's return.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Check mailed May 8

Not received

Faxed Form 3911 on July 30

GMP today asks for bank/1040 info: successfully entered

Can anyone taking a similar path advise on when to look for the DirDep?

Check mailed May 1st

Not received

Asked for replacement July 6th and 3 days later asked for bank info and successfully entered.

Still waiting for deposit as well

17 minutes ago, racyrick said:

Check mailed May 1st

Not received

Asked for replacement July 6th and 3 days later asked for bank info and successfully entered.

Still waiting for deposit as well

does the website give u payment date? I assume not--the system is so messed up--some people reporting they got before payment date.  some got payment 3 days after entering bank info etc.... no consistency in how this works

17 minutes ago, 20yearsinthai said:

does the website give u payment date? I assume not--the system is so messed up--some people reporting they got before payment date.  some got payment 3 days after entering bank info etc.... no consistency in how this works

No payment date and yes, some people have been paid without a payment date given.

I assume that we need to wait until the 6 week lost check process is finished and then they will deposit the money-I hope!!

The person that got paid I think was over the 6 week waiting period.

• Like 1
On 8/6/2020 at 5:36 PM, 20yearsinthai said:

does the website give u payment date?

After having successfully entered my bank/1040 details, my GMP page has since reverted to show the original "check mailed May 8, 2020".

Has that been other people's experience in a similar situation?

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

After having successfully entered my bank/1040 details, my GMP page has since reverted to show the original "check mailed May 8, 2020".

That doesn't sound positive since on Thursday/6 Aug you successfully entered your bank info in GMP which was just after your faxed in the missing payment IRS 3911 form.  It would seem the IRS initially accepted your bank info on 6 Aug but two days later may have decided the payment is not considered lost "yet."  But that's just a guess on my part...that's what first popped into my pea brain.  Who knows with all the GMP stories/status changes we seen.   Hope you get your payment soon.

I just checked my American bank account and a check from the IRS for $1,200 had just been deposited. It is  the same account that my monthly social security check is deposited in. I didn't include any bank details on my 2018 IRS tax form. I filed a joint return with my Thai wife and included her ITIN number. I thought this made me ineligible for any stimulus checks. I have yet to send my 2019 tax form to the IRS (I have applied for  an extension-October 15th). My Thai wife just got a bunch of money from the Thai government because of some farm land she owns and cultivates. All this free money. What a wonderful world. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, khaepmu said:

I just checked my American bank account and a check from the IRS for $1,200 had just been deposited. It is  the same account that my monthly social security check is deposited in. I didn't include any bank details on my 2018 IRS tax form. I filed a joint return with my Thai wife and included her ITIN number. I thought this made me ineligible for any stimulus checks. I have yet to send my 2019 tax form to the IRS (I have applied for  an extension-October 15th). My Thai wife just got a bunch of money from the Thai government because of some farm land she owns and cultivates. All this free money. What a wonderful world. 

It took time but the Trump bucks got through. Mine was easier because I had DD info on my 2018 return. My wife gave it to our son in Texas so he got mine, her's and his. But my wife's happy. Now if he just finds a wife or lets us find one for him. 

14 minutes ago, khaepmu said:

I just checked my American bank account and a check from the IRS for $1,200 had just been deposited. It is  the same account that my monthly social security check is deposited in.

It seems they used the info they got from the SSA for your transfer instead of from a previous tax return.

It seems you just got lucky they did look use your 2018 tax return.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It seems they used the info they got from the SSA for your transfer instead of from a previous tax return.

It seems you just got lucky they did look use your 2018 tax return.

The whole stimulus package hit the IRS by surprise and they did their best. The next one should be easy if one got it this time.

1 hour ago, khaepmu said:

Sounds like you got lucky and they used your SS data vs your 2018 return.  And although you already mentioned you filed a joint return can you confirm it was joint status vs Married Filing Separately (MFS) status as some people incorrectly call a MFS return a joint return.  If it was a MFS then the ITIN spouse referenced on the filing does not disqualify you for a stimulus payment.

11 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Sorry to hear. That is not good. I surely would call the IRS to see what the problem is or you might be waiting forever. Hope all is ok and good luck. Still waiting for my deposit, but my 6 week lost check process will be finished on July 17th, so we'll see.

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

What does GMP display for your current status?

It still shows you are eligible for payment with my last 4 digits of my account.

By the way, I meant to say obviously August 17th in my previous post when my 6 week period will be finished-senior moment!

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, racyrick said:

It still shows you are eligible for payment with my last 4 digits of my account.

By the way, I meant to say obviously August 17th in my previous post when my 6 week period will be finished-senior moment!

talk about senior moments!  I didn't see anything wrong with that post

Below 8 Aug news article takes how many people still haven't received their stimulus payment--a 30 to 35 million estimate--since approx 3 June when the IRS announced it had completed around 160 million payments (i.e., from the mid Apr thru end of May).  However, since early June the IRS has only made around 1.5 million additional payments.    See the weblink for the full article...also below is a partial quote from it.

Seems getting the first 160 or so million payments out the door from mid Apr to end of May went fairly fast, but since then additional payments slowed down greatly for probably a myriad of reasons.   I expect some of those estimated 30-35 million people are not really eligible and/or it's not a very accurate estimate...too high...but for now that's still the estimate being used.   And then we still have many trying to find the payment the IRS supposedly issued/mailed to them...or have the payment reissued.   

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/still-havent-received-your-first-1200-stimulus-check-what-you-need-to-do

At the beginning of June, the IRS still had to pay out between 30 million and 35 million checks, according to the House Ways and Means Committee. But two months later, the agency "appears to have made little progress towards issuing the remaining payments," a letter from House Ways and Means Chairman Richard Neal and Sen. Ron Wyden, the top-ranking Democrat in the Senate Finance Committee, says.

Between early June and late July, the IRS had made fewer than 1.5 million additional stimulus payments, an "unacceptable pace," the lawmakers said.

Just got off the phone with IRS. My check was mailed out May 1. Contacted them again July 3 and was told 6 weeks to do a search and reissue. I have just been told their system has a major glitch and can not reissues the check to Thailand at his time.????image.png.bbbf10c895758d60928070628eafd4d1.png???? They recommended that I use Form 8822 and change my address back to the motherland. Which I shall do.

15 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

Just got off the phone with IRS. My check was mailed out May 1. Contacted them again July 3 and was told 6 weeks to do a search and reissue. I have just been told their system has a major glitch and can not reissues the check to Thailand at his time.????image.png.bbbf10c895758d60928070628eafd4d1.png???? They recommended that I use Form 8822 and change my address back to the motherland. Which I shall do.

basically i had same as u--may 1 check but then i faxed the form 3911 to them middle of july--  then was allowed to add my bank info into irs website and now waiting payment date.   what does it say when u go to "get my payment"   website?

28 minutes ago, 20yearsinthai said:

basically i had same as u--may 1 check but then i faxed the form 3911 to them middle of july--  then was allowed to add my bank info into irs website and now waiting payment date.   what does it say when u go to "get my payment"   website?

I just told that that form 3911 would not work for the stimulus check. But since I'm sending this by DHL I shall inclose it along with with form 8822. BTW that get your payment website has NEVER worked for me and every one I have talked to at the IRS agrees.

Edited by khwaibah
3 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

I just told that that form 3911 would not work for the stimulus check. But since I'm sending this by DHL I shall inclose it along with with form 8822. BTW that get your payment website has NEVER worked for me and every one I have talked to at the IRS agrees.

the system is a mess--the procedures on the website say to call or fax 3911 form even if living overseas.  I had big problems getting into GetPayment site at first till i just entered the second line of my address into the webform --which i heard on some forum to do that.  make sure u follow the instructions on how to file 3911 for tracing stimulus payment-its not a standard refund but they use the same form.  

• Haha 1

Based on my 2018 tax filing the IRS stated that they would mail a check to me in Thailand on 1-May.  It never came.  Then I went to the Get My Payment website which allowed me to enter my bank account information.  For the last month I have received a notice that I am eligible for the payment but they do not know when they will make it.

So last night I called the IRS using this number; +1 267 941-1000.  After waiting 20 minutes the first representative hung up on me.  I called back just to talk with another person 20 minutes later.

What a complete waste of time.  They have no information except to admit that their system is totally screwed up.  That this is a new thing and that is why they are having so much trouble.

Sorry, but the US has some very good computing technology.  This is simple.  They have my account, just deposit the money I am owed.

So at this time I am not going to spend any more time on this.  I will just apply for the tax credit next year.  It is funny that the representative did not even understand this.  What a shame to see the US become what it is right now.

1 minute ago, koratkarlos said:

I will just apply for the tax credit next year.

Do you, and others, think this will be acceptable? (1040 Line 18d //  Schedule 3, Part II, Line 8

Should one just assume that the payment would have been $1,200 (or whatever it might have been)?

8 hours ago, koratkarlos said:

Based on my 2018 tax filing the IRS stated that they would mail a check to me in Thailand on 1-May.  It never came.  Then I went to the Get My Payment website which allowed me to enter my bank account information.  For the last month I have received a notice that I am eligible for the payment but they do not know when they will make it.

So last night I called the IRS using this number; +1 267 941-1000.  After waiting 20 minutes the first representative hung up on me.  I called back just to talk with another person 20 minutes later.

What a complete waste of time.  They have no information except to admit that their system is totally screwed up.  That this is a new thing and that is why they are having so much trouble.

Sorry, but the US has some very good computing technology.  This is simple.  They have my account, just deposit the money I am owed.

So at this time I am not going to spend any more time on this.  I will just apply for the tax credit next year.  It is funny that the representative did not even understand this.  What a shame to see the US become what it is right now.

A couple of questions-

Did you call them up after 9 weeks to let them know you did not receive your check and to re issue a new check?

Did they say if your stimulus would be mailed to you or get deposited to your bank account?

Did they give any timeframe or give you advice as what to do?

Thanks