Americans, Have You Received Your Virus Stimulus Check From Trump Yet?

9 minutes ago, Pib said:

The originating institution was the IRS/US Treasury.  

OK  I misspoke when asking about the originating institution. Sorry it was my error.

I guess what I am trying to figure out is.....

Last year when Bkk bank New York branch still accepted ACH payments my  IRS refund

DD was sent via ACH to my Thai branch of Bkk Bank and forwarded on to my local Bkk bank branch here. This year, IRS still has my Bkk bank New York DD info. on file.  Will Bkk Bank New York accept the relief remittance from the IRS and forward the remittance to my Bkk bank account here in Thailand via IAT?

This year I did send the IRS new DD info on my 1040 tax return but I sent it by mail on Mar. 23 and my return(including new DD info) is somewhere in transit, so it looks as though the old DD to Bkk bank New York via ACH may be all the info they have.

5 minutes ago, albertik said:

OK  I misspoke when asking about the originating institution. Sorry it was my error.

I guess what I am trying to figure out is.....

Last year when Bkk bank New York branch still accepted ACH payments my  IRS refund

DD was sent via ACH to my Thai branch of Bkk Bank and forwarded on to my local Bkk bank branch here. This year, IRS still has my Bkk bank New York DD info. on file.  Will Bkk Bank New York accept the relief remittance from the IRS and forward the remittance to my Bkk bank account here in Thailand via IAT?

This year I did send the IRS new DD info on my 1040 tax return but I sent it by mail on Mar. 23 and my return(including new DD info) is somewhere in transit, so it looks as though the old DD to Bkk bank New York via ACH may be all the info they have.

IMO, repeat, IMO Bkk Bk will let the IRS govt payment pass through, but I have no facts to back up that opinion.  It's just I haven't seen any TV posts of any US govt payments being rejected by Bkk Bk and I know many people surely get govt payments at Bkk Bk not in IAT format.   

Now, send a payment from your US financial institution not in ACH IAT format and Bkk Bk will reject it....saw plenty of posts to confirm that.

6 hours ago, Pib said:

Go to the brand new IRS portal earlier given "or any website where you can free file...they are numerous"

Here's one:

https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free

A complete walk through of using the new IRS portal for people who have not filed a 2018/2019 return because your income was below an amount requiring the filing of a return.  No phone number needed to register/file....but you do need an email address.  If you don't have a US bank acct number then it not needed either as the payment will be mailed to you.   If you didn't file a 2018 return thereby not having any AGI just enter an AGI amount of zero. 

Edited by Pib
1 hour ago, Kelsall said:

Reports are that some have already received theirs.  I'm eagerly waiting.  What are we talking here, about $1200?

Where did you see/hear of "reports that some have already received theirs"  here in Thailand?   

!!  Just saw the above email - Great for that family in Korat

Edited by Skallywag
12 hours ago, Pib said:

IMO, repeat, IMO Bkk Bk will let the IRS govt payment pass through, but I have no facts to back up that opinion.  It's just I haven't seen any TV posts of any US govt payments being rejected by Bkk Bk and I know many people surely get govt payments at Bkk Bk not in IAT format.   

Now, send a payment from your US financial institution not in ACH IAT format and Bkk Bk will reject it....saw plenty of posts to confirm that.

Thanks very much for your feedback, Mr. Pib.  I guess time will tell.

14 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

IRS to Launch “Get My Payment” Web App Next Week

April 10, 2020

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Department of the Treasury and IRS will launch the “Get My Payment” web application next week. The FREE app—which will be found at IRS.gov—will allow taxpayers who filed their tax return in 2018 or 2019 but did not provide their banking information on their return to submit direct deposit information. Once they do, they will get their Economic Impact Payments in their bank accounts quickly, instead of waiting for a check to arrive in the mail. “Get My Payment” will also allow taxpayers to track the status of their payment.

...Americans who did not file a tax return in 2018 or 2019 can use “Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here” to submit basic personal information to quickly and securely receive their Economic Impact Payments.

https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm972

Figured it out

Edited by fredwiggy

Question for those who have Bangkok Bank and direct deposits. I looked up the routing number and it gave me the New York banks routing number. I'm guessing since we first get payments through them and then to Thailand, that's the correct routing number? Is it the same routing # for all Bangkok banks as I assume?

6 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Question for those who have Bangkok Bank and direct deposits. I looked up the routing number and it gave me the New York banks routing number. I'm guessing since we first get payments through them and then to Thailand, that's the correct routing number? Is it the same routing # for all Bangkok banks as I assume?

Yes, 026008691.  Your Bangkok Bank account number in Thailand has embedded within it branch information.  Those two things, routing number and account number, are all that are needed.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, nightbird said:

According to what I've read, everyone who gets SS will get $1200 whether they file tax returns or NOT!

Only after they have gone to a website which will collect their information in regards to banking institution or confirming their mailing address.  I just received an e-mail from Turbo tax indicating i do not need to worry as my direct deposit information was in the system since I had filed my taxes this year already.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

It depends whats on those tax returns... 

you are correct.  If filed as a couple, one amount, if have children another amount if single then $1200 unless you earned over $75,000 then for every 100 over you loose $5.  If you reported an AGI of $99,000 you get zilch as a single person.  so many variables...

TurboTax screwed me with these X's. Since I'm not getting a refund, no way to put in my bank account info, and no way to write it manually on this form that goes out. But I had to file quickly to make sure they got my mom's latest US address, in case they send out the check.

A miracle would be for them to still have my bank acct from when I last got a refund years ago, before coming to Thailand.

Hopefully next week, irs.com/coronavirus should have a portal to enter one's bank acct info, before checks go out.

Screenshot_20200412_131128_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, nitehawk42 said:

Retired American living in Hua Hin.

I filed my IRS 1040R in January using USA address and received a refund electronically 3 weeks later.

No word on Tax relief deposit yet (12 April 2020).

Same here just not in Hua Hin. I checked my bank but no pending deposit. When my tax return direct deposit came in I had no pending notification though. It just showed up. So I imagine 14 or 15 hopefully I will see it.

"For eligible recipients who filed a tax return in 2018 or 2019, the IRS says the economic impact payment will be deposited directly into the same banking account that is reflected on the return. If you do not have direct deposit, a paper check will eventually be sent by mail to the address that is on your tax return, but that could take several weeks, even months. “If you file ‘married filing jointly,’ the check will be sent to both of you. Both of your names will be on the check,” Greene-Lewis said. “If you file ‘married filing separately’ and file two separate returns, you’d receive two separate checks made out in each of your names.” 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/01/whos-eligible-for-covid-19-stimulus-checks-your-questions-answered.html

6 hours ago, hereforgood said:

from a friend with 3 kids in Korat yesterday awoke to this from his US bank

Note the fine print: Navy, Active duty: this could reflect priority for military.  Also: pending. April  15.

I would not generalize from this single pre-payment notification from the US.

However, I have seen enough reliable sources to assume US citizens here getting SSA benefits now through direct deposit to BKK bank will be paid the stimulu$ whether or not they have filed.

I'll believe it when the $ arrive.

~0:37;