Americans, Have You Received Your Virus Stimulus Check From Trump Yet?

On 4/14/2020 at 11:45 AM, Kelsall said:

OP here.  I just got notice from my credit union that my Trump stimulus money is on the way and will show up April 15!

THANK YOU PRESIDENT TRUMP!!

So Nancy Pelosi is chopped liver. The stimulus program had to pass congress first to even reach it president's desk. 

• Sad 1
20 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

To check, did you enter a Thai or U.S. address and another member indicates his Thai address may have caused a problem.

I entered my US mailing address as I used my US mailing address on my 2019 return vs my Thailand address.

• Thanks 1

OK, what about you folks with Bangkok Bank accts which you have used for past IRS refunds, SSA monthly payments, etc., any of you got a stimulus payment to your Bangkok Bank acct, repeat, Bangkok Bank acct?  

• Like 1

the portal is.............designed by irs.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

on vpn via los angeles....got an error, not accessible from server.

second time got to the form.

doesn't add the dashes in the ssn.

doesn't add slashes in the date of birth.

doesn't accept without zip code.

doesn't accept with 6-digit code used on return.

Please Try Again Later

We are unable to provide you with the status of your payment or perform the action requested because:

• The tax return information you entered does not match our records; or
  • You have already accessed the system the maximum number of times today.
Please come back after 24 hours and try again.
16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So if it requires a zip code it might be impossible to check with a Thai address? Of course we have Thai zip codes too. 

system asked for the 5-digit code except for countries that do not have zip codes.

we have 6-digit zip codes.  tried without a code, not accepted, tried with 6-digit code, also not accepted.

at least it didn't say my uncle was a farmer so payment denied.

not sure how much of this is being compared to latest tax filings, maybe i can use a us address?

irs portal zip code-x.bmp

Edited by ChouDoufu
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

system asked for the 5-digit code except for countries that do not have zip codes.

we have 6-digit zip codes.  tried without a code, not accepted, tried with 6-digit code, also not accepted.

at least it didn't say my uncle was a farmer so payment denied.

not sure how much of this is being compared to latest tax filings, maybe i can use a us address?

My Thai zip code is five digits!

Did you try with your six digit code with the last digit truncated?

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

My Thai zip code is five digits!

Did you try with your six digit code with the last digit truncated?

you are correct!!!!

i was using my filing address in china.

haven't needed to mail anything to bangkok in ages, just forgot.

aside from that, another potential problem for overseas filers.  street address is a required field.  if you filed in 2018, the tax forms were revised to put foreign address on schedule 6 with no street address.  full foreign address was entered on form 2555, but doubt the system was designed to catch that.

• Thanks 1

you'll get x number of tries per day to guess which format the irs is using.

exceed the limit and you're locked out.

• You have already accessed the system the maximum number of times today.

Please come back after 24 hours and try again.

Edited by ChouDoufu

"Those who did file, but did not include direct deposit information, should use “Get My Payment” to provide their banking information to get their Economic Impact Payment immediately. "

I got this quote from the IRS 'Get my Payment' site. Not quite sure I have read it correctly. Does it mean that if I filed a 2018 tax return but did not include banking information (I didn't) I can submit my direct deposit information (it would be the same bank information as my social security direct deposit info) on their site? It seems like they are giving you that option. 

But the site also says that if you filed a 2018 or 2019 tax return they will send a check to your mailing address on the tax return. Since my address on my 2019 tax return (I haven't filed my 2019 return yet) is a Thai address I am wondering it they will really send a check to a Thai mailing address. 

My 2018 tax return is a joint return with my Thai wife who has an ITIN number. I owed no taxes nor was I eligible for a refund. Something tells me that with this tax status my chances of getting of getting a check are slim. But I'll continue my endeavor.

I never thought I would receive any money, $1413.35 is my reward. Wonder why it was such an odd amount and more than the $1200. Came direct deposit the 14th.

The thing is I retired 31 Dec, 2019 and my income for 2018 and 2019 was well over $90,000. Oh well thanks.....

Edited by EVENKEEL
1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

I never thought I would receive any money, $1413.35 is my reward. Wonder why it was such an odd amount and more than the $1200. Came direct deposit the 14th.

The thing is I retired 31 Dec, 2019 and my income for 2018 and 2019 was well over $90,000. Oh well thanks.....

Are you married, have children, and did you claim her and dependent children on those tax filings, if not well then your guess is as good as mine.

54 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Are you married, have children, and did you claim her and dependent children on those tax filings, if not well then your guess is as good as mine.

I claim one child in Thailand, that must be it.

CNBCIRS's coronavirus stimulus check-tracking tool is not working for many

Alicia Adamczyk

6 hrs ago

A tool launched Wednesday by the Internal Revenue Service to track Americans' stimulus relief checks is not working for many, according to individuals who reached out to CNBC Make It.

The Get My Payment tool is meant to give those eligible for a coronavirus stimulus check information on when they will receive their payment. Instead, many are receiving messages that their payment status is not available.

a screenshot of a cell phone: A reader sent this image to CNBC Make It after attempting to find out the status of her stimulus check.© Provided by CNBC A reader sent this image to CNBC Make It after attempting to find out the status of her stimulus check.

The IRS has not responded to a call for comment. 

The agency's website says that receiving "Payment Status Not Available" means the agency cannot determine your eligibility for a payment right now. "This may occur for a variety of reasons, for example, if you didn't file either a 2018 or 2019 tax return or you recently filed and the return has not been fully processed," the site says.

Anyone else getting this from the #IRS when they know they’re eligible for a #Stimuluscheck ? No idea what to do next, can’t get through to anyone at the IRS.

View image on Twitter

If you are eligible for a payment, but receive feedback that the IRS "needs more information," then the agency does not have your direct deposit information on file, the agency's FAQ says. 

In that case, you will need to provide your bank account information, once you have verified your identityto receive the check fastest, or wait for it to be mailed to you. You can use Get My Payment to update your direct deposit information if you did not use direct deposit on your last tax return to receive a refund, the IRS says. If your payment is pending or has been processed, you can no longer change your bank account information.

Payment status updates on the site are made no more than once each day.

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

And this today............................

Payment Status Not Available

According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time.

For more information on the eligibility rules, see our Frequently Asked Questions page.

Yeah Freddie    I got the same message.  I did see somewhere that SS recipients are not yet processed. 

17 minutes ago, albertik said:

Yeah Freddie    I got the same message.  I did see somewhere that SS recipients are not yet processed. 

If you fall in this category as shown on the Q&A page you cannot do it.

image.png.74b87658e3b28c5fe91ecaaad25a55a1.png

I fall into the category so all can do is wait for it to show up in my bank account.. But from what I have read before they appear to be doing the ones that filed a tax return first.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you fall in this category as shown on the Q&A page you cannot do it.

image.png.74b87658e3b28c5fe91ecaaad25a55a1.png

I fall into the category so all can do is watt for show up in my bank accout.. But from what I have read before they appear to be doing the ones that filed a tax return first.

I did file in 2018  (with DD instructions for my BKK bank via the old ACH system) and again for 2019. I am sure my 2019 with updated DD banking instructions has not arrived yet. I mailed it and it was stuck at Swappy for awhile. I did track it and looks like its still in transit according to the USPS. Also my 2018 returns included other income in addition to SS earnings. I have been receiving my regular SS earnings to my BKK bank here in Thailand.

I went to that site because first it said I had to file a simple return so I could get credit for my child,that a 1040 would be generated with my basic information. It asked if I had dependents and SS #, which shows I need that for her credit. It asked for my bank information so I could get it direct deposit like my SS benefits. Of course I have a SSA-1099 as it's how I get paid. Does that not mean I can use it,or that it just won't go through that way and they will just use my SS information on file for me and my daughter and they will send me payment direct deposit anyway? It DID take my information and when I checked I saw that it was accepted..........................

The IRS will process this information and determine your eligibility for the Economic Impact Payment.

No further action is necessary.

If you haven't already, it's always a good idea to print a copy of your return for your records. Note: If you print your return, you'll see $1 values added to some fields. This is a requirement for the IRS to process your submission. You can ignore these amounts.   ................And then this.................

Payment Status Not Available

According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time.

For more information on the eligibility rules, see our Frequently Asked Questions page...................................How can they not determine my eligibility? I'm already eligible,and so is my daughter,from what they already have on file and from what I sent them

Edited by fredwiggy
Addition
3 hours ago, Pib said:

Use one of the numerous online stimulus payment calculators like the one below to see the approx amount you should have received.  It's primarily based on your income, filing status, number of qualifying children.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/

Thanks, but I'm not going to follow up on this. I was surprised I got what I did considering my income in 2019.

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Lot of people involved, so I guess it'll take some time

Since you filed a simple 2019 return and It has not fully processed (which could take a few weeks) then I expect your stimulus payment status eligibility will be in some kind of undetermined status until the return has fully processed.  And it wouldn't surprise me if a $1200 payment showed up first based on your SS status and then later on another payment for $500 based on your simple 2019 return which you filed in order to get the additional $500 based on your child.

• Like 1

I expect the "Get My Payment" portal only updates once a day between midnight and 3am ET just like the "Where Is My Refund" portal.   I would wait until after 2pm Thailand time to check daily.

And if you check to many times over a 24 hour period you will get locked out for 24 hour assuming you "successfully" enter the logon info.  

If not being successful in logging in after 3 tries you'll probably initially get locked out for 24 hrs.  Then after waiting 24 hours and trying "unsuccessfully" again 3 times you might get permanently locked out as the IRS might figure someone else knows your SSN and but not sure about your birthdate and/or address and is trying to be nosey...trying to view your info.

47 minutes ago, Pib said:

Since you filed a simple 2019 return and It has not fully processed (which could take a few weeks) then I expect your stimulus payment status eligibility will be in some kind of undetermined status until the return has fully processed.  And it wouldn't surprise me if a $1200 payment showed up first based on your SS status and then later on another payment for $500 based on your simple 2019 return which you filed in order to get the additional $500 based on your child.

Very possibly so, however, they have not yet received my 2019 return so they cannot know that it even exists.  My tracking shows that the return is still in transit. In that case I would have thought they would be working off my 2018 return. 

BTW  Mr. Pib  can you see any emojis connected to my posts? Curious because they don't show up for me on my posts?

Edited by albertik
21 minutes ago, albertik said:

Very possibly so, however, they have not yet received my 2019 return so they cannot know that it even exists.  My tracking shows that the return is still in transit. In that case I would have thought they would be working off my 2018 return. 

BTW  Mr. Pib  can you see any emojis connected to my posts? Curious because they don't show up for me on my posts?

I was referring to fredwiggy who "efiled" very recently.

Nope...I do not see any emojiis in your latest posts.

Edited by Pib
  • Thanks 1