Americans, Have You Received Your Virus Stimulus Check From Trump Yet?

On 4/12/2020 at 7:01 AM, marvin1950 said:

It is based on filing status

Social Security Number

Taxable income level

But not residency

If you use a ITN number you will not get a check and in my case my wife has a ITN number and we will not be getting one. But I am not crying in my soup by using the ITN number for my wife I get more back in taxes than a 1200dollar raid on the treasury. Which will be repaid eventually thru higher taxes or inflation.

And I will just add that news articles have been all over the map as to who will get stimulus payments first....I've seen articles where low AGI folks with direct deposit info on file will get them first....I've seen articles where people who have filed their 2019 returns with direct deposit info on file will get them first...etc..etc...etc.   

I will just say our (the wife and I) AGI are pretty healthy from various retirement pensions/investments and we had already filed our 2019 return & refund from that return received.   And we've had direct deposit info on file with the IRS like forever for refunds and in those years where we had to pay we authorized direct debit from our US bank acct.   

My gut tells me that if the IRS has your direct deposit info on file from 2019/2018 that they are pushing out stimulus payments regardless of income level....low or up to the limit.  Whether having a 2019 return filed gets the money any faster over some one who only has a 2018 return filed I couldn't say.   Checks by mail to be weeks/months down the road.

Watching US TV news just now (late night  14 Apr Thailand time) and supposedly the US Treasury just said 80 million Americans will receive their stimulus payments via direct deposit by close of business 15 April. 

If true by 16 Apr Thailand time and assuming a person's bank promptly posts direct deposits then many should be reporting payment just recieved.

Oh Donald, you are so vain.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/coming-to-your-1200-relief-check-donald-j-trumps-name/2020/04/14/071016c2-7e82-11ea-8013-1b6da0e4a2b7_story.html

April 14, 2020 at 8:46 PM EDT

The Treasury Department has ordered President Trump’s name be printed on stimulus checks the Internal Revenue Service is rushing to send to tens of millions of Americans, a process that could slow their delivery by a few days, senior IRS officials said.

The unprecedented decision, finalized late Monday, means that when recipients open the $1,200 paper checks the IRS is scheduled to begin sending to 70 million Americans in coming days, “President Donald J. Trump” will appear on the left side of the payment.

It will be the first time a president’s name appears on an IRS disbursement, whether a routine refund or one of the handful of checks the government has issued to taxpayers in recent decades either to stimulate a down economy or share the dividends of a strong one.

22 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

It seems like you have been in Asia for years by your posts. Why would you need to file? Do you make more than 80k a year? WIs there any benefit of filing?

Because some of us have taxable income, like military retirement and have to file to get a tax refund.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

The physical checks may be delayed further as a result of adding the president's name/signature on the "Memo" line of the check.

https://www.newsweek.com/stimulus-checks-may-delayed-trump-requires-us-treasury-print-his-name-them-1497916

millions infected, tens of thousands dying, but it's still gotta be all about him.

make americans grovel again.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I just checked my US bank account.  it shows a pending IRS credit of $969.70.  I do not understand where that number comes from.  I do not have to file my 2019 return until July 15, 2020.  i filed my 2018 return in 2019 and received a refund.

I currently have 7% of my monthly social security benefits withheld for Federal Income Tax payments since a portion of my benefits are taxable.

So I do not know why I did not get $1,200.

Than you

Anybody have any ideas.

10 minutes ago, marvin1950 said:

I just checked my US bank account.  it shows a pending IRS credit of $969.70.  I do not understand where that number comes from.  I do not have to file my 2019 return until July 15, 2020.  i filed my 2018 return in 2019 and received a refund.

I currently have 7% of my monthly social security benefits withheld for Federal Income Tax payments since a portion of my benefits are taxable.

Than you

Anybody have any ideas.

for every $100 USD reported over $75,000 reduces the $1,200 by $5.00, if you received less it was because your reported AGI was more than the minimum of $75,000 and less than the top thresh hold of $99,000 in which you would not receive the stimulus check at all if single.  More if married, and so on...

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, marvin1950 said:

Than you

Anybody have any ideas.

It's based on AGI/filing status.  Just use of the various online stimulus payment calculators like the AARP one below. Now such calculators I've looked at only show a dollar amount....don't carry the amount out to pennies....but maybe the calculators are just rounding to the nearest dollars and the IRS is going to pay right to the penny.   I'm a little surprised they are carrying it out to the penny.  You sure it's not some other monthly payment you get like maybe your SS payment.  

https://www.aarp.org/money/investing/info-2020/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-calculator.html

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

The physical checks may be delayed further as a result of adding the president's name/signature on the "Memo" line of the check.

https://www.newsweek.com/stimulus-checks-may-delayed-trump-requires-us-treasury-print-his-name-them-1497916

Yep, no surprise that it is hitting all the MSM.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8220083/Stimulus-checks-delayed-days-Trump-demanded-them.html

12 minutes ago, marvin1950 said:

I don't think my taxable income was above $75,000.

Even so, how do they get  $969.70 if for every $100 over $75,000 you get $5 less. Should be $970 or$965.

My Father just had his and it was for $856.00 So yes the math does not add up, I need to stop reading the Washington Post, as that is where I received the five per every one hundred number from.

I am still very concerned as to how I will get my stimulus payment.

I filed my 2018 taxes with my wife and son all with social security numbers, but I also get Social Security.

My social security benefits are deposited to my Direct Express debit card.

No word till now on if and when payments would be made to the Direct Express debit card and will they know I have that just by looking at my 2018 tax return?

No way to get a routing number and account number for my card.

I sure don't want to wait forever for a check in the mail.

I guess I will check in the new portal in the next day or two to see how and when I will get my payment.

Fingers and toes crossed!!

That IRS Get My Payment webpage is now active. 

And it does work...it says my payment will deposit 15 Apr to my bank acct....shows the last few digits of my bank acct number....and I did receive my payment yesterday/14 Apr because my bank credits direct deposits a day early.

image.png.7127cf1276b5ed749597914bceedd575.png

Edited by Pib
  • Like 2

I have been, this is what I'm getting so far..........................

The IRS will process this information and determine your eligibility for the Economic Impact Payment.

No further action is necessary.

If you haven't already, it's always a good idea to print a copy of your return for your records. Note: If you print your return, you'll see $1 values added to some fields. This is a requirement for the IRS to process your submission. You can ignore these amounts.

I thought the "Get My Payment" app was supposed to allow you to add bank info if it wasn't on your tax forms.

All I get is info about payment already made, which doesn't help me at all.

Any suggestions on how to add bank info so there isn't a few months wait for a check to be mailed?

Thanks

Terry

7 minutes ago, TerryLH said:

I thought the "Get My Payment" app was supposed to allow you to add bank info if it wasn't on your tax forms.

Any suggestions on how to add bank info so there isn't a few months wait for a check to be mailed?

Thanks

Terry

I reckon that function isn't up yet. 

6 minutes ago, TerryLH said:

Thanks

Terry

The way you describe the info given you it sounds like they have sent (are sending right now) your payment to an acct number on either your 2018 or 2019 return (assuming you filed). 

OR, to an acct number you may have for govt benefit payments you currently receive like SSA, VA, etc.   Do you currently receive any govt monthly payments via direct deposit?

2 hours ago, Pib said:

That IRS Get My Payment webpage is now active. 

And it does work...it says my payment will deposit 15 Apr to my bank acct....shows the last few digits of my bank acct number....and I did receive my payment yesterday/14 Apr because my bank credits direct deposits a day early.

image.png.7127cf1276b5ed749597914bceedd575.png

To check, did you enter a Thai or U.S. address and another member indicates his Thai address may have caused a problem.

I got my money yesterday.  I was trying to enter info on another American who filed in 2018, but didn't have their bank info on the form.  

Terry

I put in a Thai address, but I don't think that is the problem.  The address part asks for a postal code except in cases where the address is in a country that doesn't use them.

Edited by TerryLH
added text