PM tells Armed Forces to appoint commanders for Suvarnabhumi, Don Mueang airports

rooster59

PM tells Armed Forces to appoint commanders for Suvarnabhumi, Don Mueang airports

By THE NATION

800_9d180ef123c93e2.jpg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha on April 10 instructed Royal Thai Armed Forces Headquarters to appoint Incident commanders for Suvarnabhumi Airport and Don Mueang International Airport, according to the Royal Gazette.

Provincial govenors/provincial security command directors were also appointed as incident commanders for each of their airports to oversee the airports' emergency operation centre or the tasks assigned by the premier or the Cabinet.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385804

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-12
  • Like 2

I think I can hear the horse neighing some way off as this is certainly a shutting of the door long after the occupant has bolted. There are no passengers arriving/departing from any airport in the Kingdom. So why do we need special army commandants for airports now?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, donnacha said:

Taking control of an airport with no passengers is the ideal job for the Thai army.

Maybe they've used up all their general-grade inactive posts...and need to start adding more for the rest of their inactive generals.

Edited by Hayduke
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, scorecard said:

Interesting, he seems to stepping over the current army commander, I'm guess that won't go down well at all.

Not sure about "stepping over" as more to the point of maybe dictating policy without the interference of someone who has repeatedly voiced his opinion without asking permission. Haven't heard from the overly verbose top green-man recently as a matter of fact. Da*n! Too bad eh?

Edited by Dap

Well this government is the military and vs.....Corona Virus might give the chance to have the argument for a military take over! It wont be a coup because the military is sitting already in the necessary positions!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Proboscis said:

I think I can hear the horse neighing some way off as this is certainly a shutting of the door long after the occupant has bolted. There are no passengers arriving/departing from any airport in the Kingdom. So why do we need special army commandants for airports now?

to set a precedent ?