90 Days Bank Checking

I plainly forgot to report at Chonburi Immigration on 6 April to prove that I got sufficient funds in my account...

Though I currently exceed the minimum, will I risk a penalty for showing up late by one week?

If so, how much should I plan to take with me?

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There will be no fine for being late or any other penalty. They might think you did not get it done due to the long lines.

You could not of done on the 6ht since that was a holiday.

Thanks much for your help Joe! ????

What I understand from the posts above is that the suspension of the 90 days report does NOT include the suspension of proof of funds after the first 90 days.

Since I am supposed to both report and show my bank book early May, this means that I will have to show up at my local immigration office at that time.

Thank you for confirming this.

4 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Since I am supposed to both report and show my bank book early May, this means that I will have to show up at my local immigration office at that time.

That depends upon your local immigration office. Not all offices want you to show your bank book to prove the 800k is still the bank 3 months after you apply.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

That depends upon your local immigration office. Not all offices want you to show your bank book to prove the 800k is still the bank 3 months after you apply.

In my case it is very clear, they even attached a small piece of paper in my passport as a reminder that I had to bring my updated passbook when I would come to report for the 90 days, both happening to be at the same date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Chonburi (Jomtien) Immigration does.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Sorry to bother you Joe but are you sure, or do you know, if every immigration offices accept the 800 000 Bahts only two months before the annual extension instead of three months before? My extension being July 30th in case of doubt I must send money for the complement to the right sum this month otherwise I could wait one month more. Thank you. 

I really understand anyone keeping 800000 in a thai bank and you cant even touch 400000 of it ever. And gaining nothing. In my case i only need to have 400000 or show every 12 months 40000 transfering from uk bank to a thai bank. In your case it must be 65000 a mouth. Using transferwise is simpleand very cheap and get a good rate at the same time.  And if you have not got a bank accountin your country you can open one with transferwise and have your pension or your income paid into it plus you get dd card. And then every month transferyour 65000 into your thai bank accountand they only charge about £10 to transfer. And then you take all your 800000 out and do what ever you want with it 

2 hours ago, Brunolem said:

In my case it is very clear, they even attached a small piece of paper in my passport as a reminder that I had to bring my updated passbook when I would come to report for the 90 days, both happening to be at the same date.

I had that same piece of paper stapled into my PP by Rayong I/O when I did my annual extension in Feb.  I told them that I did my 90-day reports on-line and they said not to worry then..  They would simply check at my next annual extension in 2021.

4 minutes ago, Philipg114763 said:

I really understand anyone keeping 800000 in a thai bank and you cant even touch 400000 of it ever. And gaining nothing. In my case i only need to have 400000 or show every 12 months 40000 transfering from uk bank to a thai bank. In your case it must be 65000 a mouth. Using transferwise is simpleand very cheap and get a good rate at the same time.  And if you have not got a bank accountin your country you can open one with transferwise and have your pension or your income paid into it plus you get dd card. And then every month transferyour 65000 into your thai bank accountand they only charge about £10 to transfer. And then you take all your 800000 out and do what ever you want with it 

Assuming you meant to say "I DONT really understand...."

There is no NEED to bring 65k per month into T/L - as long as you keep the 8/400k for the required durations.

Personally I manage to live to a very acceptable standard on around half of that monthly figure, although I could easily afford to spend more, but I have no NEED to.   As yet I am too young to have any regular pension payments, and am currently running down my investment savings, although the current impact of CV on my investments does mean I am very reluctant to cash them in at these depressed prices.  So I will cut my cloth accordingly and have tightened my belt a little.  (Zero alcohol and limited places to spend it have obviously helped somewhat...!)

3 hours ago, fred110 said:

Is jomtien immigration still crowded? I think they gave automatic extensions so should be fewer people

Monday 11AM, 0 queue, maybe 12 to 15 foreigners inside. In & out within 5 minutes. No question asked though I was overdue by 1 week. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Brunolem said:

They (Jomtien) did that to me at last years renewal, but not this time (Feb for March expiry).

7 hours ago, Grusa said:

They (Jomtien) did that to me at last years renewal, but not this time (Feb for March expiry).

Jomtien made no mention to me in late november, that i should return to show proof of deposit.

Maybe they dont worry about people who leave the deposit untouched ???

• Like 1

13 hours ago, steve73 said:

Assuming you meant to say "I DONT really understand...."

There is no NEED to bring 65k per month into T/L - as long as you keep the 8/400k for the required durations.

Personally I manage to live to a very acceptable standard on around half of that monthly figure, although I could easily afford to spend more, but I have no NEED to.   As yet I am too young to have any regular pension payments, and am currently running down my investment savings, although the current impact of CV on my investments does mean I am very reluctant to cash them in at these depressed prices.  So I will cut my cloth accordingly and have tightened my belt a little.  (Zero alcohol and limited places to spend it have obviously helped somewhat...!)

Yes i did mean dont understand  and everyone is different but keeping lump sum in a bank i dont see the point but understand what you say 

13 hours ago, Philipg114763 said:

Yes i ment dont understand  but i take your point 

19 hours ago, docspinoff said:

The proof of funds does seem daft. Should be able to upload the proof of funds online with 90 day normal report. I know the dates different but does not need to be. 

It is only a requirement imposed by Jomtien, (and perhaps one or 2 other small IOs), whereas online 90 day address reporting is a national service since 2015. It a has also only been in effect since March 2019. I wonder if those receiving new retirement extensions now are still being asked to return and show the proof of funds by Jomtien, I know they forgot to to tell me in November.  

Edited by jacko45k

20 hours ago, docspinoff said:

The proof of funds does seem daft. Should be able to upload the proof of funds online with 90 day normal report. I know the dates different but does not need to be. 

No need for that since there is no rule issued by immigration that requires it. It is only a local requirment at some immigration offices.

Also there could not be any penalty for not doing it unless they found that a person did not comply with the requirements when they go for their next extension or possibly when a person went for one of those unofficial checks. That penalty could be a refusal of an extension application or a cancelation of their stay and a stamp giving them 7 days to leave the country.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/14/2020 at 8:21 AM, ubonjoe said:

No need for that since there is no rule issued by immigration that requires it. It is only a local requirment at some immigration offices.

Also there could not be any penalty for not doing it unless they found that a person did not comply with the requirements when they go for their next extension or possibly when a person went for one of those unofficial checks. That penalty could be a refusal of an extension application or a cancelation of their stay and a stamp giving them 7 days to leave the country.

"when a person went for one of those unofficial checks. That penalty could be a refusal of an extension application or a cancelation of their stay and a stamp giving them 7 days to leave the country."

Those last few lines about eventual risk to go under  needed requirements make me i would even ASK them for that document ....as some could be in  "wishful thinking"  that by not giving that Jomtien document out they stopped with that requirement ....not so !

Edited by david555

21 minutes ago, david555 said:

"when a person went for one of those unofficial checks. That penalty could be a refusal of an extension application or a cancelation of their stay and a stamp giving them 7 days to leave the country."

Those last few lines about eventual risk to go under  needed requirements make me i would even ASK them for that document ....as some could be in  "wishful thinking"  that by not giving that Jomtien document out they stopped with that requirement ....not so !

Ask them for proof that you did not turn up to show bankbook balance. 

Is anyone given a receipt of reporting back? 

Fallback position file a TM30 and obtain extension at a normal immigration office. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Ask them for proof that you did not turn up to show bankbook balance. 

Is anyone given a receipt of reporting back? 

Fallback position file a TM30 and obtain extension at a normal immigration office. 

You really dont get it....  

It is not us who make the rules , liking or not liking does not change that , it is in their powers to ask additional documents ...."their ultimate Harry Potter magic stick "

Go under the 800K sum before the 90 day after application day expires and you risk what Ubon Joe perfect described   not that it is lightly to happen , but could , and if not done so , you have in the bankbook the proof you did or dit not go under as  a final check .

I pointed only  out in case some would even think because not getting that paper  you are free from the rule who is in the national police order to keep 90 days the 800K compleet   ....forgot that ?

Only the obligation  to come show is a particular demand from a few offices , just like others have on their turn other particularity's demands ... TIT.

And yes if really that Jomtien demand gives some a trauma ....., yes they can move .... there are always fall back positions ....but that still don"t make vanish Jomtien & some others rules  

I never swim against the stream

Edited by david555

49 minutes ago, david555 said:

You really dont get it....  

It is not us who make the rules , liking or not liking does not change that , it is in their powers to ask additional documents ...."their ultimate Harry Potter magic stick "

Go under the 800K sum before the 90 day after application day expires and you risk what Ubon Joe perfect described   not that it is lightly to happen , but could , and if not done so , you have in the bankbook the proof you did or dit not go under as  a final check .

I pointed only  out in case some would even think because not getting that paper  you are free from the rule who is in the national police order to keep 90 days the 800K compleet   ....forgot that ?

Only the obligation  to come show is a particular demand from a few offices , just like others have on their turn other particularity's demands ... TIT.

And yes if really that Jomtien demand gives some a trauma ....., yes they can move .... there are always fall back positions ....but that still don"t make vanish Jomtien & some others rules  

I never swim against the stream

Show me ONE report where anyone has been refused their 12 month extension because they did not return to Jomtien immigration 90 days after previous extension.

Out of curiosity...what receipt do they give for returning after 90 days. 

Is it a smiley stamp or .....

Edited by DrJack54

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Show me ONE report where anyone has been refused their 12 month extension because they did not return to Jomtien immigration 90 days after previous extension.

i never said something like that , i only say that they make the rules , and if you finally go extending at the weeks before end day , your bankbook shows you followed the 90 day and  not did go under it, you are O.K. to extend . Never i said you get refused if not done the checking , only take care not went under 800K before 90 day after application date , if they gave you that paper or not ...

I know you do not like that 90 day Jomtien rule .... but nothing you can do to void it , only taking any solution not be to be under it , or better , give anybody advise how to anticipate  on it, if needed .

But the Jomtien 90 day reporting shall  stay as long they not cancel it by themselves ...... ????

9 minutes ago, david555 said:

But the Jomtien 90 day reporting shall  stay as long they not cancel it by themselves .

Is it enforced. Yes or No. Simple question. 

If it is enforced then almost certainly there would be report from someone that they were unable to obtain an extension due to not returning after 90 days.

Also can anyone dealing with Jomtien explain what happens when they apply for their extension. Does the io ask/demand some sort of receipt/proof that they attended after 90 days previously.

Edited by DrJack54

27 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Is it enforced. Yes or No. Simple question. 

If it is enforced then almost certainly there would be report from someone that they were unable to obtain an extension due to not returning after 90 days.

Also can anyone dealing with Jomtien explain what happens when they apply for their extension. Does the io ask/demand some sort of receipt/proof that they attended after 90 days previously.

"Also can anyone dealing with Jomtien explain what happens when they apply for their extension"

We bring our documents  they check them and next day must come take stamped passport ...... this on condotion all was correct , i really don't understand this your question ????

Is it enforced yes or no ....

it is an order , but i really do not know what can happen if you not do it , as i follow orders , do you have a mental problem with authority maybe ...? 

I guess same as when not 90 day address reporting  happens , who knows ....

Does the io ask/demand some sort of receipt/proof that they attended after 90 days previously.

No they do not ask for a proof or receipt as they not give one , they just classifies after checking your file you brought , whatever happen with it is internal kitchen same as all our other files we bring to immigration .

Now try to ease your problem with that rule to accept they are the boss , they make the rules , they can ask additional documents ......they are the almighty ..... (joke ????)

The main line and advise is Go not under 800K before that  90 day are passed ..... as  than you are in trouble .....or bypass solutions urgent needed in   Jomtien  or "Sakhon Nowhere..." offices 

Edited by david555