Marriage extension 400,000 method - 2 month or 3 month seeding?

I'm after a quick answer as to whether a 12 month marriage renewal needs 2 months or 3 months of seasoning in a bank. Everywhere I read says 2 months for the first application and, thereafter, 3 months for each annual renewal.

My wife insists it is just 2 months for the renewal and that I don't need the 400,000 until then. She called immigration who agreed it is 2 months. 

I don't want to get caught out. Is it 2 months or 3 months?

Fro an extension of stay based upon marriage it has been 2 months for every extension for over a decade.

Until over a year ago an extension based upon retirement was 60 days for the first extension and then 3 months after that but it was changed to 2 months for all extensions in March of 2019.

8 minutes ago, johng said:

2 months at Chonburi/Jomtien immigration   other places maybe interpret things differently.

There cannot be an interpretation of it. It is clearly written in the police order for extensions of stay.

Thank you very much for your quick response.

I'm just in the middle of an argument with my wife about whether it is 2 months or 3 months seeding time for my 5th annual renewal. I'll have to concede that she is right.

https://immigrationbangkok.com/thai-marriage-visa/

Read How to apply

and at the bottom of the page When renewing..........

We have always heard of 3 months at the BKK immigration and, last year for the first time, I was asked to show my bank book again when we went back a month later for the final stamp Extension of stay permited........

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, frequentatore said:

https://immigrationbangkok.com/thai-marriage-visa/

Read How to apply

and at the bottom of the page When renewing..........

We have always heard of 3 months at the BKK immigration and, last year for the first time, I was asked to show my bank book again when we went back a month later for the final stamp Extension of stay permited........

That is not a official immigration website. Note it is a .com site. The official site is https://www.immigration.go.th/index

It is still 2 months before the day you apply but some offices are wanting proof it is still in the bank when you return to get the one year extension stamp.

4 hours ago, uncleP said:

Bangkok insisted on seeing the money again before issuing  the extension. They also tried to imply  that 400k was not enough although I just put that down to someone having  a bad day. 

Yes, the 400K is not sufficiently high to break up enough families, evidently.  Some in immigration believe it needs to be raised, to ensure far fewer Thai wives and children have supporting "foreigner" family members here.

8 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

Thank you very much for your quick response.

I'm just in the middle of an argument with my wife about whether it is 2 months or 3 months seeding time for my 5th annual renewal. I'll have to concede that she is right.

did you ever doubt it

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2020 at 10:09 AM, uncleP said:

Bangkok insisted on seeing the money again before issuing  the extension. They also tried to imply  that 400k was not enough although I just put that down to someone having  a bad day. 

On the day I went to pick up my extension last October I was asked to show my bank book. I was very lucky I was carrying it with me on that day..

• Like 1

I was there for 10 years it used to be 3 days, then it went to 90 days.

IT ALSO USED TO BE 200,000 BAHT AND THAT WAS WHEN THE BAHT WAS MORE IN EVERYONE'S FAVOR.

It's going to have to come back to the 200,000 if they want to keep the baht so low compared to other currencies worldwide or eliminate it all together for married foreigners.

800,000 baht is also much to high for a retired person whether he has income from overseas or not due to the baht, this should also go back to 400,000 or eliminate it all together if he has an investment in Thailand. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SAINT THOMAS said:

I was there for 10 years it used to be 3 days, then it went to 90 days.

IT ALSO USED TO BE 200,000 BAHT AND THAT WAS WHEN THE BAHT WAS MORE IN EVERYONE'S FAVOR.

It's going to have to come back to the 200,000 if they want to keep the baht so low compared to other currencies worldwide or eliminate it all together for married foreigners.

800,000 baht is also much to high for a retired person whether he has income from overseas or not due to the baht, this should also go back to 400,000 or eliminate it all together if he has an investment in Thailand. 

While I agree on the retirement-financials, this thread is about marriage-based.  There should be no "show money" to stay with your Thai wife.  There are only 2 scenarios - she is rich, wears the pants, and pays your way - OR - you pay your way and probably her way, as well. 

If the guy is a bum, 99.9% chance the woman will divorce him (works the same in any country), so he won't get a new Kor Ror 2, so won't get another marriage-based extension.  If she is rich and paying his way, he must have an amazing personality, or some other attributes. 

The money-showing just breaks up families and feeds corruption.

• Like 1