Pattaya: Take two! Color coded lockdown set to restart on Wednesday

webfact

7 hours ago, bluemoonpattaya said:

"so as to stop the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) entering or leaving Pattaya city center"

So which one is is then ?

Stop the virus entering Pattaya

or stop the virus leaving Pattaya

The virus is stopped entering during daylight hours by the highly efficient roadside checks....:whistling:

The virus exits Pattaya under cover of darkness,ghostly figures have been seen bypassing the checks on the darkside during curfew hours carrying plastic bags filled with the ghastly germs to a nearby temple where prayers are being said before cremation......sorted :thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, skorp13 said:

See how this works out. I've seen the map and don't really see much of a difference. Gonna be interesting, still cutting people on the darkside off from some major things

The second lane is for people with an ID card from Banglamung (which includes darkside). Pink ID ought to work. Otherwise you need the mountain of blown up A4 copies.

1 hour ago, pattjock said:

This is a lock down for in and out traffic but there is no information what you need to leave Pattaya. What do I need if leaving Pattaya to go to Satahip for a few

hours and then return.

Will a drivers license with your address and a passport be OK to return, do you need any evidence of why you have to leave Pattaya??

the idea is to stop you traveling unless you have a good reason

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Rimmer said:

officers concerned will convene a meeting at city hall at 19.00 hrs to evaluate whether any changes or improvements to the operations would be needed.

… Local beer and spirits will be served.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

They haven't asked for proof of a good reason, the flaw in the plan

There was some form that I saw before that stated you need to work in the quarantine area and also needed the work permit to show it. I think it was in the roadblock v1.0 thread. 

There's also the thread here that mentions who can move during the curfew:

I would not be surprised if that'll be the future template for "good reasons".

33 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

The second lane is for people with an ID card from Banglamung (which includes darkside). Pink ID ought to work.

I don't think that's correct, and people with a Banglamung ID will have no access to the city.

It's a color coded plan.

93397796_125198175792038_5390270001854808064_n.jpg

Graphic: Pattaya Covid-19

Most vehicles will be using the Yellow Lanes. Make sure you have your IDs, house documents or other ID blown up to A4 size if possible. Leave it on the dash where it is easy to read from the outside.

A Fast Track lane like having a special pass for the motorway is also in the offing. 

Motorcyclists should use the Orange Lane - Grab and Line riders delivering important pizzas can use those along with other bikers.

The pink lanes are a bit like the "just visiting" sections around the jail on a Monopoly board. They are for people passing who will not be turning into Pattaya from Sukhumvit Road. Using Route 36 was suggested.

4 minutes ago, pattjock said:

I realize that but there is no information on what proof you need to give for leaving Pattaya for a few hours.

maybe something like a hospital appointment - but going shopping won't be one of them

37 minutes ago, Susco said:

I don't think that's correct, and people with a Banglamung ID will have no access to the city.

It's a color coded plan.

Looks like a lazy translation.

ld.jpg.90715bd73cf9a0c990c4d3f1d40c7993.

That #2 says "ID Card", "Banglamung", in Thai.

2 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Looks like a lazy translation.

ld.jpg.90715bd73cf9a0c990c4d3f1d40c7993.

That #2 says "ID Card", "Banglamung", in Thai.

Lazy translations is what we are used to here, but I would really be interested to know if people with a Banglamung ID card, and an address outside Pattaya city, are allowed entrance.

I personally think they are not allowed, and that the sign says Banglamung ID card, because Pattaya ID cards don't exist.

Aside from seriousness of the pandemic, the all important image has been, and is being damaged by the hilarious and pathetic antics of those "running the asylum", of which I am an inmate.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Susco said:

Banglamung ID card, and an address outside Pattaya city

I'm not convinced the BiB even know what is part of Pattaya City and what not. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bang_Lamung_District

The district is divided into eight sub-districts (tambons), which are further subdivided into 61 villages (mubans). The city of Pattaya is a special municipal area which covers the whole tambon Nong Prue and Na Kluea and parts of Huai Yai and Nong Pla Lai. There are a further two townships (thesaban tambon): Bang Lamung and Laem Chabang. Laem Chabang covers parts of tambon Bang Lamung, and of neighboring Si Racha the complete tambon Bueng, Sura Sak, Thung Su Khla and parts of Nong Kham. Bang Lamung covers parts of the tambon Bang Lamung, Nong Pla Lai, and Takhian Tia. The non-municipal area is administrated by five tambon administrative organizations (TAO).

On 4/13/2020 at 1:12 PM, smedly said:

I was critical of the handling of documents and possible spread of the CV-19 

this sounds a little more sensible

yup ,i photocopied our house book ,Thai id and Passport all on A4  we live just by the checkpoint on Sukhumvitnear the Naklua turn off .

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

you need a residence certificate from Immigration, you still have time if you leave now, take a mask and gloves

And what about the thousands of Thais who just rent a room in Pattaya and can not get a residence certificate from immigration? Most of them don't even have leases.

How are they supposed to prove they live in the city?

9 minutes ago, Monomial said:

And what about the thousands of Thais who just rent a room in Pattaya and can not get a residence certificate from immigration? Most of them don't even have leases.

Most of them will be living on the street soon sadly so won't need to worry about that

26 minutes ago, Monomial said:

Perhaps better they don't try to leave. But if so, a letter from their landlord may suffice.

• Like 1

Is it just me, or isn't there a checkpoint when you exit highway 7 ?

So one who exit the highway can either go north and enter the small soi that leads to Soi Jume, or Nua Road, since the checkpoint is at the other side of Sukhumvit.

Or he can go south and make a U-turn at SSCC