Predictions on airport opening dates?

yogavnture

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

I go with you. I f the trend in lesser infections are still in the game. t will probably also depend on the destination, because they will not start fly to countries with high level of infections.

That puts UK , off limits .

Give it another year, to be on the safe side,  you know it makes sense..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

The airports are not closed. Go take a look at the arrivals/departures sites.

What, you mean we can leave and return with no restrictions? Are you sure?  So all those with Visa's and extensions who are stuck on the outside and can not get in are what? Are you saying that the tourists are arriving and we do not know it, and that we are all dreaming and there is no curfew or government border closures, and CAAT does not have restrictions on flying in or out?  What are you saying my Dear Moonlover.  I do not understand what your comment was suppose to mean.  You Are Correct, the Airports are not closed, but then they can not be used as needed now can they?  That's what, at least I think that this OP is all about, a prediction on when we might see normalcy and flights in and out we can all use with no restrictions........

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, SidJames said:

Do people bother to check facts before posting?

Swapmy never closed & a flight from Shanghai landed 45 mins ago.

Qatar running flights & there are flights to europe running as well.

EVA runs a direct flight to London but I don't think it's daily.

https://www.bangkokairportonline.com/flight-status-arrivals-departures/

This is true. Both airports have been open all the time. Your problem is the restricted availability of flights, with several airlines not flying at all, plus travel restrictions set by governments on most individuals in and out of Thailand and many other countries. 

1 minute ago, luckyluke said:

There seems to be daily arrivals and departures from Suvarnabhumi 

https://www.bangkokairportonline.com/flight-status-arrivals-departures/

Pay attention and read the prior posts instead of being a serial repeater of the obvious, or someone just trolling for an answer

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Pay attention and read the prior posts instead of being a serial repeater of the obvious, or someone just trolling for an answer

I don't trust posters.

I trust the information from the airport.

But of course everyone is different, and therefore allowed to believe what he wants.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

I don't trust posters.

I trust the information from the airport.

But of course everyone is different, and therefore allowed to believe what he wants.

But you trust flaky websites like bangkokairportonline.com masquerading as something official. 

3 hours ago, poohy said:

Good Godi hope not i have rearranged flight in September by then i will have been here 18 months without leaving I really need to escape for my sanity

18 months and you are losing your sanity?  Been here just 2.5 years without leaving, no worries.(retired though - maybe you are not)  Lots to do/see in LOS when the restrictions are lifted.

You must realize traveling internationally to see friends and family is not necessary nowadays, with skype, line, or facetime you can see them as often as you like.

BTW, Where is it going to be better in September in your opinion? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Some on this thread are clearly utterly deluded thinking that airport openings etc are going to occur in May or June

Guys Covid-19 needs to be completely eradicated via time and vaccines first

It aint going away for a long long long time. Maybe the airport might open in the Autumn of 2020 but travellers inbound this time next year at the earliest

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Be my guest...

Wow,

I just mentioned there are daily arrivals and departures.

No further details.

If i wish to leave I will contact the company I wish to fly with, my embassy and other instances.

Every post is interesting to read, but every experience here in Thailand is most of the time unique, there is never a generality, pretty sure the same here.

To each his own.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elliss said:

That puts UK , off limits .

Give it another year, to be on the safe side,  you know it makes sense..

For UK and US as it looks now, I could easily agree with one year, However, if you see what happened in other countries, they should also be able to get a hold of it soon. If not it will take very long time, but I do think a year will be much. Let´s start with 6 month, but I am definitely not saying you are wrong.

• Like 1

I fully expect flights to start resuming slowly once the Emergency Decree is lifted at the end of the month, certainly flights out of Thailand which have never been stopped completely except for a couple of days when returning Thais did a runner from quarantine. 

32 minutes ago, thedemon said:

But you trust flaky websites like bangkokairportonline.com masquerading as something official. 

Download Flightradar24, have a look at China airspace.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

I just checked Qatar airlines.

Departure 30 April, one way to Brussels, via Doha.

Price 217805 ThB - Business.

I will wait.

Even if you did leave, should you wish to return you would have many restrictions unless you are 1. A Thai National, 2. Have a WP. 3. Are a Diplomat, and even then a fit to fly certificate issued within 72 hours from when you were to fly, and a few others to boot.  The point of this OP is a realistic opening for normal flight operations and not those current restrictions.  As it stands its pointless unless your loaded and do not mind sitting outside of the country for quite awhile.  So many folks trying to return to be with there families and they can not right now

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Even if you did leave... 

Indeed every case is different.

It seems I can fly out the 30th, I checked it seems they have a flight nearly every day for the same price.

Too expensive for me, it may suit  others.

So there are possibilities,  

not acceptable/convenient for everyone, for different reasons. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Indeed every case is different.

It seems I can fly out the 30th, I checked it seems they have a flight nearly every day for the same price.

Too expensive for me, it may suit  others.

So there are possibilities,  

not acceptable/convenient for everyone, for different reasons. 

Very few flights out and almost none returning with anyone, except those that may meet the requirements listed many times over, and then of course there is that 14 day quarantine at a facility of the governments choosing, and not yours.  So once again, this Op is people trying to determine when Normal flights out may began as well as normal return flights with god knows what restrictions.  Please stop making this about "The Airports Are Open, and not shut",  thats not the point people are trying to determine....

5 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I think it will be phased and vary by point of origin with flights from countries where the epidemic resolves earlier allowed in first.

I doubt there will be a complete opening to all flights before July  if then.

I doubt it will take that long. I think the OP is correct - May 15 is a likely date for re-starting a large number of international flights, but things won't be back to normal across the board until at least June. It's possible that a few destinations won't field flights until July.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:
1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

The airports are not closed. Go take a look at the arrivals/departures sites.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

What, you mean we can leave and return with no restrictions? Are you sure?

I did not say that. Why are you 'putting words into my mouth'.

I will expand a little for your benefit. (although I don't know why I bother) The airports are open for business for what in aviation terms are called 'technical landings'. In plain speak, they are flights that are en route from A to B via Thailand.

Passengers, (other than Thais who have the correct documentation) may not disembark. However passengers may board these flights. Which means, of course, one may leave Thailand, by air if one wishes.

So my statement was correct. The airports are not closed.

• Like 1

OP, if you can remain in the Philippines for a little longer...until say June then you would stand a better chance of being able to come into Thailand. May 15 is a possibility for flights to some destinations being open again, but at this stage it's very vague. If things do kind of get back to normal soon, that will be only shortly after the re-opening, which is a bit risky because flights will be limited.

If your belongings in Bangkok can wait, then better return towards the end of the year or next year instead as you have suggested.

7 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I did not say that. Why are you 'putting words into my mouth'.

I will expand a little for your benefit. (although I don't know why I bother) The airports are open for business for what in aviation terms are called 'technical landings'. In plain speak, they are flights that are en route from A to B via Thailand.

Passengers, (other than Thais who have the correct documentation) may not disembark. However passengers may board these flights. Which means, of course, one may leave Thailand, by air if one wishes.

So my statement was correct. The airports are not closed.

And, That is not the point of this OP, they are not open to normal flights and circumstances, so please understand your statement is factually correct, but also incorrect.  There are so many conditions placed on those arriving and as well for those departing.  You can not depart for tourist reasons but can in order to try and return to where your residence is, if its not here in Thailand.  Even then you are restricted in the routes that must be taken, and you may not be able to get where you need to go.  Not all Airports in Thailand are opened either.  Phuket and Kho Samui are closed completely.  You can not transit through other major countries as well as they are also closed for certain types of flights.  This Op is about predictions on when airports will open for what I gather are normal operations in order for people to come and go who have visa's and are as of now separated from there families.  Not putting words into your mouth either, as the statement you make is a loaded statement that many might misunderstand who can not or have no means to do some research and come here for advice.  I look at your post as a diatribe and nonsensical in the manner of what this OP has been posted for. Have a good evening and enjoy 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

And, That is not the point of this OP, they are not open to normal flights and circumstances, so please understand your statement is factually correct, but also incorrect.  There are so many conditions placed on those arriving and as well for those departing.  You can not depart for tourist reasons but can in order to try and return to where your residence is, if its not here in Thailand.  Even then you are restricted in the routes that must be taken, and you may not be able to get where you need to go.  Not all Airports in Thailand are opened either.  Phuket and Kho Samui are closed completely.  You can not transit through other major countries as well as they are also closed for certain types of flights.  This Op is about predictions on when airports will open for what I gather are normal operations in order for people to come and go who have visa's and are as of now separated from there families.  Not putting words into your mouth either, as the statement you make is a loaded statement that many might misunderstand who can not or have no means to do some research and come here for advice.  I look at your post as a diatribe and nonsensical in the manner of what this OP has been posted for. Have a good evening and enjoy 

OK. hands up, I confess. I came in half way through this thread (it happens doesn't it) and only read the header.

Take care and stay safe.

• Haha 1