Refund Railway Ticket?

nomadspike

I have a 2nd class AC sleeper railway ticket from Chiang Mai to Bangkok for Tuesday night April 17th which I need to cancel/refund. Does anyone know the procedure to refund a train ticket here in Chiang Mai? Must I go to the railway station, do I need to do this 48 hours in advance of departure, and if so is the ticket office open regular hours over Songkran (ie. Friday during the day?).

Or if anyone needs this ticket, PM me...

Thanks

I think that you can cancel right up to the time that the train leaves, but - perhaps - the amount that you get goes down depending on how close you are.

Anyway, you can do it because I have, and yes you have to go to the train station which should be open all the time.

There is a fairly clear refund policy set out on the wall at the railway office (or at least there used to be in the old ticket office), can't remember if they moved the sign to the present office.

Refund at the railway station the sooner the better although I don't think they do 100% refund. Percentage you get goes down the closer it gets to departure time.

They should be open Songkran as usual as very busy travelling time

not sure about refund - but i upgraded one of my train tix back in bangkok . adding the different just 15 min before the train leave before .

-

i think there is a % deduction for best you do it faster then later .

since Songkran is going to be Pack with people without tix ..

maybe you can make some $$$ selling your Tix at 1.5 - twice the price you paid for at the station on 17th whahah

cos there would be alot of people willing to pay for a tix on that day to get to bangkok

see it as a chance to make some money .

i once sold my Bus tix few years back for 1500 baht - when i paid 513baht for the cbangkok - chiangmai during songkran

whaahaha - i use the money to take the plane back to chaingmai adding 400 baht .

:o

i believe that if you cancel it more than 72 hours before departure you will get a 90% refund. less than that is 50%.

if you change the ticket to another date i do not believe there is any penalty.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I refunded my ticket 4 days before departure and received cost price minus 20% in the advance ticket office at the train station.

And both the tuk tuk driver and myself a good washing ;o}

i believe that if you cancel it more than 72 hours before departure you will get a 90% refund. less than that is 50%.

if you change the ticket to another date i do not believe there is any penalty.