Captain Tom, 99, raises $10 million with a walk in his UK garden

webfact

3 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Just reached 12 million on the BBC World News just now. ????????????

12.4M at the moment with people from 53 countries donating.  No doubt at some stage he will get a visit from one of the royals and very probably a gong from Madge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hesitate to raise this but where will the money go ? A comedian in Australia raised 65 million dollars last year for the bushfire victims, a lot of them have not even received a cent . The charity that got the money is still tying it up with legal arguments, in other words Lawyers making money, charity executives getting fat salaries and P R firms making a fortune trying to put a positive spin on it. 
I would love to see the actual health workers get something direct, even a free petrol allowance or a travel pass for a year but I fear it will disappear into the bean counters clutches never to be seen again.

I am a cynic, but well done to the Gentleman who inspired this.

50 minutes ago, PJPom said:

I hesitate to raise this but where will the money go ? A comedian in Australia raised 65 million dollars last year for the bushfire victims, a lot of them have not even received a cent . The charity that got the money is still tying it up with legal arguments, in other words Lawyers making money, charity executives getting fat salaries and P R firms making a fortune trying to put a positive spin on it. 
I would love to see the actual health workers get something direct, even a free petrol allowance or a travel pass for a year but I fear it will disappear into the bean counters clutches never to be seen again.

I am a cynic, but well done to the Gentleman who inspired this.

Would HGV drivers be included in this as they Keep even the doctors and Nurses able to go to work,  See the argument begins,

• Like 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8130433/Sam-Smith-goes-stages-quarantine-meltdown-self-isolation.html

Sam Smith sat outside his 12m pound mansion, dealing with his lockdown, he's actually gender fluid, one day maybe male, next day female, and another day who knows, maybe a saucepan! 

Capt Moore on the other hand is dealing with his situation slightly differently!

He is not fit to shine the shoes of Capt Moore!!!!!

Edited by roo860

30 minutes ago, roo860 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8130433/Sam-Smith-goes-stages-quarantine-meltdown-self-isolation.html

Sam Smith sat outside his 12m pound mansion, dealing with his lockdown, he's actually gender fluid, one day maybe male, next day female, and another day who knows, maybe a saucepan! 

Capt Moore on the other hand is dealing with his situation slightly differently!

He is not fit to shine the shoes of Capt Moore!!!!!

sam smith was dealing with their lockdown, yes, i know...

• Confused 1