Roadblock Watch

SidJames

Towards Sattahib from either Bang Saray or Ban Amphur no checkpoints that I have run into. Can also go from Bang Saray to the Vineyard area & way beyond no cops around at all. Not much of a Covid problem here either. Maybe in Sattahib where they quarantine the unfortunates but traffic very quiet on the checkpoint scene here. I guess they don't care about out in the country.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

Hi. I want to come from Trat to Sri Racha. I know I can get to Chantaburi ok. Does anyone think I will have any troubles? Cheers

Come off the 3 when you get to the 36 & that will bypass Pattaya by quite a ways

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SidJames said:

Come off the 3 when you get to the 36 & that will bypass Pattaya by quite a ways

Yes you will return to Sukhumvit half way between Pattaya and Laem Chabang, and the major roadworks there are completed. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, SidJames said:

I am pretty sure since you are not in that province you are going to have problems traveling from on province to the next. My Gals Brother can not travel here to Bang Saray(Pattaya-Satahib area) from Trat.

Unless something changed in the last 4 days you might want to check on the govn. site to see if it is permitted.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beardog said:

I am pretty sure since you are not in that province you are going to have problems traveling from on province to the next. My Gals Brother can not travel here to Bang Saray(Pattaya-Satahib area) from Trat.

Unless something changed in the last 4 days you might want to check on the govn. site to see if it is permitted.

They are guidelines really & you can travel if you have good reason.

Half of Bangkok emptied over the wkend to head up to Issan resulting in long tailbacks.

I travel to Bang Chang, Rayong & Pattaya without issue except at Pattaya where I have the relevant documentation to enter.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, seeyoujimmy said:

Yes you can, I would get a taxi.

Ah, good idea.  Let the taxi driver talk us through any checkpoints.  Actually, it's a moot point because my new girl just told me she's coming to me, in a friend's car.  Thanks, though.  

The roadblock is finished for now at least.....

One thing I did notice the roadblocks used LOADS AND LOADS of human resources to operate ....All these people had to be paid every day.......And no one was getting any tea money....I think the police will be very glad if they do not come back....

Hopefully this is the last we will see of the road blocks.... 

Edited by redwood1

1 minute ago, redwood1 said:

The roadblock is finished for now at least.....

One thing I did notice the roadblocks ate LOADS AND LOADS of human resources to operate them....All these people had to be paid every day.......And no one was getting any tea money....

Hopefully this is the last we will see of the road blocks.... 

They looked like City Hall people who are usually just moving paper around a desk

• Like 1

Waiting (close the frikken video again) for visual confirmation that the checkpoints have been (or are being) dismantled.

Meanwhile, Pattaya News reports that they are over so the canopies may (or may not) still be up, but the checkpoints shouldn't be manned anymore !
https://thepattayanews.com/2020/05/04/checkpoints-come-to-a-close-as-pattaya-reaches-three-weeks-with-no-confirmed-new-cases-of-covid-19/

Curfew is still in place though !! As is the ban on "congregating" and drinking booze in public.

4 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Waiting (close the frikken video again) for visual confirmation that the checkpoints have been (or are being) dismantled.

Meanwhile, Pattaya News reports that they are over so the canopies may (or may not) still be up, but the checkpoints shouldn't be manned anymore !
https://thepattayanews.com/2020/05/04/checkpoints-come-to-a-close-as-pattaya-reaches-three-weeks-with-no-confirmed-new-cases-of-covid-19/

Curfew is still in place though !! As is the ban on "congregating" and drinking booze in public.

Drive along Sukkhumvit road around 11 am this morning

the roadblocks have been dismantled (The canopies have disapeared too)

Still in place are the concrete blocks at some u turns, i hope they will remove them also soon

3 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Drive along Sukkhumvit road around 11 am this morning

the roadblocks have been dismantled (The canopies have disapeared too)

Still in place are the concrete blocks at some u turns, i hope they will remove them also soon

Yeah, friend of mine went through to Central Pattaya a little before 9 and said the same. Forgot to come back and post about it.

I was distracted by the thought I'd be able to do - pretty much the same things I was doing before and after the checkpoints went up. Which was next to nothing. Or less than nothing. 
Hmmm, if I divided nothing by less than nothing, will that cause a rift in the space time continuum or just make my brain hurt ? Meh, too much effort required to think about it.

'specially now we can buy booze again ! Which I don't need as I didn't drink the stuff I had already before the ban started or the checkpoints went up.

<deleted> - now I've just done "something" which means I can't divide nothing by less than nothing as I've done something but do I add something or divide by it and if I try the equation (nothing/less than nothing)/something will that open a portal into another dimension ? 

Brains not hurting yet, maybe I'm onto something ! Or I had a stroke and this is all in my imagination. That would explain a few things !

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Yeah, friend of mine went through to Central Pattaya a little before 9 and said the same. Forgot to come back and post about it.

I was distracted by the thought I'd be able to do - pretty much the same things I was doing before and after the checkpoints went up. Which was next to nothing. Or less than nothing. 
Hmmm, if I divided nothing by less than nothing, will that cause a rift in the space time continuum or just make my brain hurt ? Meh, too much effort required to think about it.

'specially now we can buy booze again ! Which I don't need as I didn't drink the stuff I had already before the ban started or the checkpoints went up.

<deleted> - now I've just done "something" which means I can't divide nothing by less than nothing as I've done something but do I add something or divide by it and if I try the equation (nothing/less than nothing)/something will that open a portal into another dimension ? 

Brains not hurting yet, maybe I'm onto something ! Or I had a stroke and this is all in my imagination. That would explain a few things !

You think tooo mut ????

• Haha 1