Thai kindness: People show their hearts in giving to the needy

rooster59

Thai kindness: People show their hearts in giving to the needy

1587137238507.jpg

Image: MCOT

MCOT reported that Thais were helping each other in their time of need.

As the Covid-19 pandemic causes dire economic and financial hardship many private individuals and charity groups around the nation have been doing what they can to alleviate people's suffering.

In Bangkok more than 1,000 people queued after 500 baht handouts to the public, 1,000 baht to taxi drivers, and much needed food and emergency parcels were prepared at Wat Don Muang on Song Prapa Road in the north of Bangkok.

Social distancing went out the window, however, causing the Bangkok governor to ask charitable groups to tell district chiefs first about such events.

There was a traffic jam stretching back all the way to Chert Wutthakat Road as desperate crowds milled about.

Elsewhere Thai kindness in a crisis shone through.

1587137234861.jpg

In the north east, Surin siblings Thanongsak and Thorathip handed out 9,000 eggs.

1587137238543.jpg

In the north in Phayao 15,000 eggs were donated to the needy.

In Nakhon Pathom in central Thailand a pork leg restaurant handed out free food.

1587137238553.jpg

While in Chiang Mai a gold shop doled out rice.

Source: MCOT

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-18

9 minutes ago, Myran said:

The problem with that logic is that those people might not only catch the virus themselves, but then spread it to potentially thousands of others. Just look at what happened in South Korea, where a single woman who refused to get tested spread the virus to about 40 people, who might have spread it to additional people, and so forth.

In a crisis such as this, decisions have to be made that caters to the greater good, not individuals.

Logic, logic - simply practice / enforce distance, then little problem 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Great to see. People always seem to come together in times of need. 

Shame the government who said they had this “100% under control” and “there’s plenty of money in the coffer” didn’t realize that talk will get you so far, but when the s*** hits the fan, what people need is action. 

I hope after this is all done that people will re-evaluate how we live and how we let others live. I hope this is a huge catalyst for massive change. 

While on the planet earth, things will return to exactly what was in place before CV19 came along. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

I see many private people and small firms helping the needy which is the Thai way. Great job.

However, when I read authorities told a temple in Bangkok to STOP free food and water distribution because some citizens, complained about social distancing violation, my blood boiled. Many of these needed people run a higher risk of death from starvation than getting COVID.

Well fed "authorities" need their heads straightened out with a slap upside them. 

Where did read that they were told to stop? I read:

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Social distancing went out the window, however, causing the Bangkok governor to ask charitable groups to tell district chiefs first about such events.

I see the ladies with the Iphone 10's in line with the moto taxis and some possibly needy people. There are several rotating stations around the Soi Diana/Soi Buokaow area (Pattaya).  I spent most the afternoon in the area at my shop and it all looked pretty mellow. Rich Thais making merit mixed in with a few farang doing the same.  Wonder how long they will keep it up? 

2 hours ago, Myran said:

The problem with that logic is that those people might not only catch the virus themselves, but then spread it to potentially thousands of others. Just look at what happened in South Korea, where a single woman who refused to get tested spread the virus to about 40 people, who might have spread it to additional people, and so forth.

In a crisis such as this, decisions have to be made that caters to the greater good, not individuals.

I agree with your principal, however, the Government, through the various local authorities should be arranging to hand out food to those who do not have the means to feed themselves or their Families.  All it takes is a little bit of organisation and food parcels to be handed out to the people.  We should not be reading about silly schemes that ask the 20 richests people to make donations.  There are more than enough funds in the Government coffers, assuming the money is still there!?

• Like 1