Back to business – time for Thailand’s tourist industry to get ready

webfact

3 hours ago, aussienam said:

First step is to allow those of us who are expats who have been locked out of Thailand wanting to get back to our homes.  We at least will get back to spending and investing in the local communities and Thai economy.  You can demand COVID19  negative certification upon arrival, quarantine requirements for 14 days and another test.  Me and others need to get back ASAP as we are stranded.  

Next, you can allow select countries which have close to defeated the virus to come to Thailand as tourists.  That will be when there is the all clear.  

Yes they are really bothered about expats coming home

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

All these negative fearmongering posts!  Feel free to stay in your rooms for the next 3 years!

I will definitely travel as soon as the borders are open, and the paperwork is manageable.

And don't worry, I will not block your ventilator, you can have it, I refuse to die that way anyway.

5 hours ago, Don Chance said:

I predict there will be no cure or vaccine for covid. It is something the world will have to live with. Thailand like other countries will be forced to go back to business. It will be the new normal. In a couple of months Thailand will get desperate and tourism will start again.

Masks, testing and tracing can be very effective. Test everyone with a 15 minute test when they arrive in the airports world wide. Free health care if you do catch covid in Thailand. Free quarantine too in good facilities. That is the way forward.

They will bring out something that they call a "vaccine" because it will make billions for the big Pharma but it won't work anymore than the cold/flu vaccines work. The world will have to live with it. We could have avoided all this chaos if they had accepted that in the first place.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, yuyiinthesky said:

All these negative fearmongering posts!  Feel free to stay in your rooms for the next 3 years!

I will definitely travel as soon as the borders are open, and the paperwork is manageable.

And don't worry, I will not block your ventilator, you can have it, I refuse to die that way anyway.

Let us all know when you arrive. 3 years from now sounds quite realistic.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Don Chance said:

I predict there will be no cure or vaccine for covid. It is something the world will have to live with. Thailand like other countries will be forced to go back to business. It will be the new normal. In a couple of months Thailand will get desperate and tourism will start again.

Masks, testing and tracing can be very effective. Test everyone with a 15 minute test when they arrive in the airports world wide. Free health care if you do catch covid in Thailand. Free quarantine too in good facilities. That is the way forward.

Obviously, you are far more qualified to make that prediction than the thousands of cutting-edge professionals that are working on medications, prophylactics and vaccines across the world. Please post your degrees and diplomas on TV for our edification.