Back to business – time for Thailand’s tourist industry to get ready

webfact

5 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

Every kayakers dream!  Paddle up to an isle where there awaits a sexy young hotty waiting with coconut oil so you and her can lubricate your bodies before sitting down to a great lunch....and some champers chilling to wash down the microwaved 7/11 sandwiches from the 7/11 off camera.

The toasties are usually the breakfast with chicken, som tam and sticky rice for lunch.

4 minutes ago, lkv said:

Airlines are guessing June 1st.

I would suggest the airlines hope that business travellers, if freed of lockdown and closures, would resume their flights. As for holidaymakers, maybe first class travellers, but not the cattle class.  All in all, a bad year for many businesses worldwide.

• Like 1

I was speaking to someone at Booking.com the other day they seem to think it will be around November before you see the tourist and first will be the Asian markets maybe because it's closer, The dont see any activity from the European markets until next year.

We already have some bookings from our Russian friends for this Christmas 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, lkv said:

Airlines are guessing June 1st.

For a few limited flights from select countries. That is hardly business as usual in order to support a tourism industry.

Do you honestly believe Thailand is going to have procedures in place that a normal person, just wanting to visit, could possibly meet by that point?  I don't. That is only 5 weeks away, and as of now they are only allowing a few hundred Thai citizens per day through a land border and only with a 2 week quarantine.

No, I don't think the airlines believe this will be over by June 1st. They are simply praying they can get a subsistence income by then.

1 hour ago, mr mr said:

that photo of an empty beach with beautiful water is something i am really looking forward to while living here in the coming months to years. 

'Call some place paradise - kiss it goodbye' - The Eagles.

• Like 2

a certain reality is returning to gov after the mass panic.people will need to travel they do now,business and work,we need to meet up ,relationships families have been seperated,kids without fathers wifes apart from husbands.some people may holiday as so many people are working....online.the moneys there.so regionally its a go and soon,the virus doesnt prosper in sunlight it dies thats what has saved thailand.most importantly the economy must start to drive again and tourism in thailand is massive.so get at it,test people on exit and entry.allow regional travel except china of course.japan singapore s korea hk taiwan philippines malaysia all this is easy enough.business repatriation family and loved ones re uniting and tourism to some degree but all these others need t eat and sleep somewhere.

Edited by rupert the bear

32 minutes ago, Monomial said:

For a few limited flights from select countries. That is hardly business as usual in order to support a tourism industry.

Do you honestly believe Thailand is going to have procedures in place that a normal person, just wanting to visit, could possibly meet by that point?  I don't. That is only 5 weeks away, and as of now they are only allowing a few hundred Thai citizens per day through a land border and only with a 2 week quarantine.

No, I don't think the airlines believe this will be over by June 1st. They are simply praying they can get a subsistence income by then.

Maybe the Wuhan express train line will open and deliver a new wave of c19. All that money spent and Los can't flush toilet paper down their dunnies

• Haha 1