Retirement Visa.. Is compulsory Health Insurance Now Required ?

Hi with all this Corona outbreak, Is compulsory/mantotory health insurance now required to renew my yearly retirement visa? 

I have never needed it before. A few details:  renewal due mid June 2020 , my age will be 59, I live predomenantly in Pattaya. I am in Pattaya now btw. Last time I went back to UK using Multiple Re-entry was July 2019 for 3 weeks.

I use Jomtien immigration, and do papers myself  (ie no agent). Previously I just required: Passport, updated bank book, 800k+ in bank 2 months prior, bank letter, photos, application form, house book.

I am condo owner 6 years already. Condo is farrang ownership . No TM30 ever needed .My main question is purely one about health compulsory insurance . Is any health insurance for me now required, yes or no? If yes can someone elaborate.   Any other issues I may encounter to? Are prices unchanged as of my last visa (June 2019)?.. Thanks.

It depends upon what type of visa you used to get the entry to the country have been extending.

If it was a NON-OA visa issued by an embassy in your home country you will need to have insurance to apply for your extension of stay.

Hi Joe, always been applied for at Jomtien in person , (never outside Thailand ). ps Stamp in passport never even says type other than just " Retirement Visa". Always baffled as to what is the proper name of the Visa I've got, because passport doesn't tell me . 

Edited by Rolanddrums

1 minute ago, Rolanddrums said:

Hi Joe, always been applied for at Jomtien in person , (never outside Thailand ). ps Stamp in passport never even says type other than just " Retirement Visa".

When you applied for a visa, years ago, you either obtained a Non-O or a Non O-A

If it was a non O-A you would have obtained that in UK. 

Edited by DrJack54

3 minutes ago, Rolanddrums said:

Hi Joe, always been applied for at Jomtien in person , (never outside Thailand ). ps Stamp in passport never even says type other than just " Retirement Visa".

It think the stamp near you extension stamp says retirement.

If you have gotten a new passport since you started getting extensions you will have a stamp on the 1st page of it stating what visa you had before you applied for your first extension of stay.

My passport was issued 2015 ( 10 year). My first retirement visa was 2017. done by agent ( Key visa). This next one will be my forth retirement visa. Near front of passport it does say Non O retirement.

Nothing has ever been applied for in UK. So do I need insurance or not? Last reply from Ripstanley says he didn't require it.

Just now, Rolanddrums said:

My passport was issued 2015 ( 10 year). My first retirement visa was 2017. done by agent ( Key visa). This next one will be my forth retirement visa. Near front of passport it does say Non O retirement.

Nothing has ever been applied for in UK. So do I need insurance or not? Last reply from Ripstanley says he didn't require it.

No insurance required

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rolanddrums said:

Great thanks. I have a 90 day report due mid May ( 1 month before the visa). Do I need to do? I prefer go to Jomtien, as only 5 minute drive. I assume no  long queues.

With the amnesty being extended (not announced as yet) 90 day reports are not required. Having said that the imm offices not busy right now. Personally I would do the 90 report now if I had one due

21 minutes ago, Rolanddrums said:

The current amnesty is until ?

The 30th as of now but it will be extended.

I personally would not bother to do it in person. Immigration only want people to go to their offices unless it is something that has to be done. Mine was due on the 18th and it will not be done.