Covid-19: Investigation after claims crocodile farm uses a chimp to do the virus spraying

webfact

We saw that same chimpanzee there last year and he’s adorable lol cute and he’s clearly treated very well he’s clearly a happy chimp. His name is Ahht. I spent about maybe an hour with him that day last year and the chimp was really liking me. I have pictures and videos with that same chimp one of my videos with him from that day is about 30 minutes long. I saw him about a year ago at the same crocodile farm in Samut Parkan and I’m actually happy I read this article because I’m glad to hear he’s still healthy and alive sounds like he still loves running around that place making people laugh lol. Glad to hear because he’s a cool chimpanzee!

Although I really had a big laugh at this article but I hope that place doesn’t have any problem with the police or the government because that crocodile farm is an awesome place and awesome people who run it!! We’ve been there twice in 10 years once back in 2010 and in 2019.

So, I’m Glad to hear Ahht is still doing well that’s his name I remember from last year. I didn’t see anyone else spend as much time with him. 

Edited by zippysteve
  • Like 2

A little bit of history behind the crocodile farm because I was there 10 years ago in 2010 and last year in 2019. I noticed last year they have improved the quality of the animal’s lives a great deal. I remember 10 years ago in 2010 the Tiger was really skinny and they always had him drugged so tourists could take pictures with him. But last year no the Tiger looked really healthy and good and they clearly take good care of the animals. 

I spent about an hour with this same chimpanzee last year and he’s VERY VERY friendly. He just loves showing off for people and the handlers there seem like fine people who take their jobs very seriously and they take care of them all very well. They even have crocodile incubators the crocodile farm is a great place to see and as soon as we can go again we are definitely going!! I love that crocodile farm and I really hope they don’t have any trouble.

The chimpanzee’s name is Ahm. 

Edited by zippysteve
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I visited the crocodile farm two years ago and a chimp in clothes would be the least of their animal abuses.

- The bears looked extremely bored, several of them were in a small concrete enclosure.

- There were no tiger in the tiger cages, the only one was chained at the park entrance. It didn't look healthy.

- Bearcats are kept in a 2 meter wide round cage

- Farm animals are also kept in tiny enclosures with concrete flooring

I wouldn't recommend going there, sad place for someone who's seen a good zoo before.

1524145373059.jpg

IMG_20180418_155547.jpg

IMG_20180418_133911.jpg

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, yokat said:

I visited the crocodile farm two years ago and a chimp in clothes would be the least of their animal abuses.

- The bears looked extremely bored, several of them were in a small concrete enclosure.

- There were no tiger in the tiger cages, the only one was chained at the park entrance. It didn't look healthy.

- Bearcats are kept in a 2 meter wide round cage

- Farm animals are also kept in tiny enclosures with concrete flooring

I wouldn't recommend going there, sad place for someone who's seen a good zoo before.

1524145373059.jpg

IMG_20180418_155547.jpg

IMG_20180418_133911.jpg

That’s him that’s Ahm with the Tiger. I’ve got pictures and videos of this place all over my Facebook. We were there in 2010 and in 2019 and the animals were being cared for a lot better than they were 10 years ago. It’s a great place to see. The animals were absolutely not abused at all the animals were cared for very well it’s not like that other place with the Tigers at all, they really do care for the animals there a great deal and they do a great job at the crocodile farm. Now yes when I was there ten years ago I didn’t like the way they drugged the Tiger but they stopped doing that. Other than that it’s pretty much the same as it was in 2010 when I was there last year but they sure do take better care of the Tiger today I’m sure they were probably told not to give the Tiger drugs anymore. Ten years ago they would keep the Tiger sedated for pictures but not anymore. Now the Tiger actually walks around and it really is a cool place to see.

As soon as normal life returns we are going back to the Crocodile farm down there again!! Very nice place to see!!

Edited by zippysteve
  • Like 2

I should post my pictures and videos because in my pictures the animals are having fun especially Ahm the chimpanzee!! Nice place!! I don’t know if I can post my pictures since they are all on Facebook. The times I was there the animals were treated really well except for the Tiger in 2010 but now the Tiger is treated much better. Although I don’t know how long during a day he has to be chained like that I don’t really like that but it’s the only safe way for tourists to get close. Maybe that’s an issue but aside from that the animals really are treated very well there from what I saw at the crocodile farm in 2010 and in 2019. 

• Like 2

I’m glad I saw this article though because we are definitely taking another trip down to Bangkok as soon as life returns to normal and the crocodile farm is the first place on my list to see again. I seriously hope no one is in trouble because they seem like good people and they really do their best for those animals. They really do care about the animals I’ve seen over the last 10 years. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kratiam said:

Zippysteve..did you enjoy your visit and will you go again..........????

We actually got to know some of the people who run the place and they seriously are really good people and I really hope they are not demonized in the media. They really do take care of those animals they have biologists that work there as well mostly for the crocodiles. It seriously would be a shame if that place ever went away. 

Edited by zippysteve
  • Thanks 1