Thailand extends foreigners' visas for a second time as coronavirus cases slow

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It does no apply if you are on a long stay extension of stay. You need renew it when it is due. 

Same as the previous order.

Only 90 day reports are suspended.

Ubon Joe are you referring to a multi non Immigrant O visa that isn't expiring but the 90days are up before end of July which would normally require a border run?

If so I assume that this extension to end of July doesn't cover such people. 

• Haha 1

Just now, stament said:

Ubon Joe are you referring to a multi non Immigrant O visa that isn't expiring but the 90days are up before end of July which would normally require a border run?

If so I assume that this extension to end of July doesn't cover such people. 

No I was writing about 90 day and one year extension of stay issued by immigration.

You are included since the only way to stay in the country is to leave and reenter the country.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Watch That mate, I Went to Immigration Yesterday to Extend my 90 Day Permission to stay on my Non-Imm " O " Which was due to expire on the 30th April, I Was Denied the " Free One " But They DID Sell me the 60 Day extension based on Marriage & Told me NO MORRE Unless I have 400k in the bank......Baffled Me, But You daren't Argue with them Even when you think THEY are in the Wrong !!

You simply got cheated ! all non-o are extended until july 31st.

sorry about it ????

1 minute ago, spiekerjozef said:

My ED visa extension ends 30 April (entered thailand in May 2019 and extended every 90 days). Normally I would need a border run.

So visa amnesty in my case as well?

Thinking some folk missing point of long extension to amnesty. When borders gradually open then for those that need to obtain new visa exempt stamp or apply for visa need to do it asap.

This amnesty till end of June most likely the last. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jonga80 said:

I extended my 2 month tourist visa until the end of may. I want to stay more time in Thailand, and my idea was to go out to another asian country, and then return to Thailand. I want to confirm what this news means. Would I have an automatic visa extension until the end of july? This seems too beautiful to be true, so I guess not. Or would I need a letter from the embassy, etc? But in that case you need to go to the inmigration office. Can someone confirm me please? 

Correct, enjoy ! you are so lucky if you just met with Thailand and don't know about the bad things yet ????

1 hour ago, vermin on arrival said:

Maybe. Or they are they are giving plenty of time for things to start opening up, and people be able to go somewhere without a tsunami of people all going to IOs or airports and borders at the same time.

This is clearly the only reason why they do it. We should not wait until August to extend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PST said:

If your non o was due to expire on 30th April, then there would be no 'free' extension, as the 30th April was the date when the initial 'free' extensions were due to expire, plus any 'free' extension would not have been 60 days either. The only option if you can't do a border run on a non o are 60 days based on marriage, or a year with 400k in the bank for 2 months prior. New announcement will change things obviously, but after your 60 day extension is up, are you then covered untilll 31st July?

you are wrong, he can stay until JULY 31, nothing to do or extend.

2 minutes ago, bangkokboy888 said:

hello all 

i have an 'under consideration' stamp and need to report in tomorrow. 

do i still need to go in tomorrow since this is not 'official' yet? 

will there be a nasty surprise for me down the line if i do not show up tomorrow? 

under consideration visa redacted.JPG

Yes go. That looks like a yearly extension and is mandatory. 

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, problemfarang said:

most likely, yes.

My non-o will expire 5 may. i must go to savanakhet and do a new 1 year one. But it seems i can wait without any problem till 31 july.

Confirmed yes !

But July 31 consulate  at Savanakiket could be crowded...

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thinking some folk missing point of long extension to amnesty. When borders gradually open then for those that need to obtain new visa exempt stamp or apply for visa need to do it asap.

This amnesty till end of June most likely the last. 

Till the end of July.....31st

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Till the end of July.....31st

Yes but another factor is they open up the borders for the out and not the back in is the worry. Meaning, yes you can leave by any border that is open but not come back in unless you have the right stuff as in health cert and proper insurance etc. 

1 hour ago, Wongkitlo said:

I am same with my 90 days ending  next week. My wife rang the number on the Jomtien Immigration website and they were helpful and considering my wife's limited understanding of visas and translation am pretty sure   am covered by the amnesty. Maybe call the immigration number. Would like to hear how others go.

I have some time left - will wait and watch for now.  I've never had an overstay, and don't plan to get one.  Hopefully the borders open to Vietnam or Laos before the date, and I don't have to test it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

1 hour ago, Kalorymetr said:

Does the Thai version of this document say anuything about people outside of Thailand that have visas/re-entry permits running out and cannot enter?

No

It is same as the order issued on April 7th.

That order, I think, did not as you say.

However I think that the immigration department website does address exactly that point. If you are outside Thailand and have a re-entry permit it is also extended. Though it could of course only apply to permanent residents, as with many things written in English it maybe read both ways.

49059514-AB44-4773-8585-BD4F7050ADF6.jpeg.3815c32bbf7fe19a95a631baadfc6cad.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

However I think that the immigration department website does address exactly that point. If you are outside Thailand and have a re-entry permit it is also extended. Though it could of course only apply to permanent residents, as with many things written in English it maybe read both ways.

The immigration website clearly says "aliens who are permitted to have residency", which means permanent residency.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jackdd said:
2 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Bank-statements are for 1-year extensions of stay - which many indicated are not covered.  The order lists 15, 30 and 90-day stay-types - which is why I was concerned about my current 60-day extension. 

Has this viewpoint changed - such that now ALL types of stay, including "extensions, of stay," are now covered by this announcement? 

Some people still believe that people on extensions are not covered, even though they don't have any evidence for it,

Udon Thani immigration office are one of the groups of people who believe that neither 1 year nor 60 day extensions of stay are covered 

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, jackdd said:

The immigration website clearly says "aliens who are permitted to have residency", which means permanent residency.

As I said it could be read (without the actual Thai text to confirm) that Anyone who has a 1 year re-entry permit as had that date extended.

immigration is known for its interesting adaptation of meanings of English words.

It could of course be that they are out of luck as you suggest.

11 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

immigration is known for its interesting adaptation of meanings of English words...

Immigration officials are not carrying out their duties on the basis of an English translation. The original Thai text is good enough for them. Most likely, they got a memorandum from the head office with instructions and guidelines on on the subject of the automatic extension of permission to stay, of which we have no copy.

• Like 1