Unemployed? Learn a new skill and get a per diem of Bt150 for 15 days

snoop1130

Unemployed? Learn a new skill and get a per diem of Bt150 for 15 days

By THE NATION

800_eb4b72bdc688674.jpg

Department of Skill Development’s director-general Thawat Benjathikul

The Labour Ministry will provide 15-day vocational courses to people who have been affected by the Covid-19 outbreak, Department of Skill Development’s director-general Thawat Benjathikul said on Wednesday (April 22).

“We realise that many labourers and self-employed people have had to stop working due to the government’s shutdown orders to contain the contagion,” he said. “Hence the department has decided to provide courses for those who are not working at the moment so they can improve their skills and perhaps explore new career opportunities once the situation returns to normal.”

“Participants will also be given a daily allowance of Bt150,” he added. “Courses featured include growing vegetables hydroponically, barista skills, running a coffee shop business, making desserts and more.”

The Department of Skill Development aims to reskill 7,800 people in 390 batches. It is also planning advanced programmes for regular employees who want to upgrade their skills in foreign languages, computer usage and other fields as required by employers. This programme is scheduled to kick off soon and expects up to 7,000 participants.

“Those interested in the 15-day vocational skills training can contact their local Labour Skill Development Office or call the 1506 Labour Ministry hotline,” Thawat said.

Bangkok residents can call the Labour Skill Development Office Region 13 at (02) 392 4790-4 or (02) 245 4317.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386555

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-22

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

It may just be in my Location, but many of the Fields seem to be lying fallow at the moment.

Maybe because of the Drought, and crops will not grow well, or maybe that all the cheap Labourers have returned back to their own Countries, despite the Gov,t extending their Visa,s till November.

My point is this.

With all the unemployed, and what looks like a lack of Labour in the Fields, why does the Gov,t not ask these people to work the Land, and pay them. a wage.

The crops harvested will offset the monies outlaid by the Gov,t 

7 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

It may just be in my Location, but many of the Fields seem to be lying fallow at the moment.

Maybe because of the Drought,

It's normal; the peasants await the first rains as every year;
then the following rains to soak the soil well so it will be easy to work it ...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Assurancetourix said:

Pathetic;

He believes this gentleman who is paid maybe 200,000 baht per month that the Thai people will accept 150 baht per day when they already refuse to work for 300 baht and have all the dirty and difficult work done by millions of foreigners.

In addition, I who live in the countryside among farmers, no one here is lacking in work; agricultural tractors roll daily in the cement streets of the village;
villagers who are not in the fields continue to build or renovate houses.

They are not being asked to work for 150 baht a day, they are being given the chance to learn something for free and given an allowance whilst they are learning.

Not too sure about the social distancing aspect of it though.

Edited by nahkit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, action said:

Somchai's not going to no training, why would Somchai go to learn anything from others?  Somchai already has all the knowledge and would lose face if he admitted he didn't know something by going to learn it.

Yesterday afternoon an ice  pickup broke down almost outside my gate;
I admire "Safety Fisrt" at work. :cheesy:
A mobile crick under the front of the vehicle, and two guys dive below;
I especially did not want to disturb them by asking them if they know of the existence of one or better of two safety chassis stands .... Safety First, I tell you ...:jap:
It costs a few hundred baht and it saves lives.

4 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Maybe because of the Drought, and crops will not grow well,

There's been a big shift in workers in the last 10  years. Many  do  not bother with their land  at all, why work in the sun when  you can sit  down all day as a security guard for the same or  more  money.

4 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

Pathetic;

He believes this gentleman who is paid maybe 200,000 baht per month that the Thai people will accept 150 baht per day when they already refuse to work for 300 baht and have all the dirty and difficult work done by millions of foreigners.

In addition, I who live in the countryside among farmers, no one here is lacking in work; agricultural tractors roll daily in the cement streets of the village;

Maybe you can join this scheme to improve your reading skills 

4 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

With all the unemployed, and what looks like a lack of Labour in the Fields

need to give them a pickaxe to even try working in the fields this time of year, which they will quickly break, unless they have water the soil is unworkable until the rains arrive, then it becomes unworkable for most crops apart from rice as it is too wet! They don't have the finest growing conditions or soil here!

In other countries, this is GREAT!!!!!

1.  get on the phone, make 1000 calls!!!  sell, sell, sell!!!  15 hours a day

2.  after 15 days, I"ll give you 150 baht a day and you can keep your job if you sell over 1 million in product

i usually have my sheep sell cruises, vacations, you name it!!!  i'll get money from a company to sell their <deleted>.

ok, who wants to learn how to sell??

Edited by Ventenio
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

Pathetic;

What part of Thailand are you living in? 

Where I live, the villagers continue to do absolutely nothing from sunrise to sunset. We must be living in two parallel Thailands, connected only through the internet. 

• Haha 1