Details on a Covid-19 vaccine soon, Anutin promises

snoop1130

20 hours ago, anchadian said:

And furthermore, they will need to ascertain as to where this committee is to be located.

And down another rabbit hole of meetings we go!Not to mention all the reports that need to be written and triple copies made,does the world have enough paper?Better start growing some more hemp.

11 hours ago, hobobo said:

...and I won't be the Pope, I AM the Pope  :burp:

You must like your own company, in Saint Peters square,

self isolated from your flock.

Lead by example , have faith ...

Edited by elliss

32 minutes ago, overherebc said:

On BBC this morning reporting first two trials of a vaccine. Two people have had their first injection.

That's odd. When I just googled, looking for the report I found this:

Four patients received the jab at the Kaiser Permanente research facility in Seattle, Washington, reports the Associated Press news agency.

source: https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51906604 

4 minutes ago, overherebc said:
15 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

That's odd. When I just googled, looking for the report I found this:

Four patients received the jab at the Kaiser Permanente research facility in Seattle, Washington, reports the Associated Press news agency.

source: https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51906604 

Usually I open bbc news.com every morning.

Aha! I can see the report you saw was regarding the UK:

The first human trial in Europe of a coronavirus vaccine has begun in Oxford.

Two volunteers were injected, the first of more than 800 people recruited for the study.

source: https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52394485 

Ooh. Another Thai medical breakthrough - to add to all the rest the world has seen. AIDS, Ebola, Dengue (both) and now COVID-19. Too hard for the world but fear not, Thais have your back.

Anutin promises.... right got that. :bah:

Jeez, there is truly no end to the nonsense from Thais. No end to it at all, it just goes on and on. Seemingly without embarassment or shame. I wish there was  vaccine that would stop people from big-noting themselves.

Edited by ParkerN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, monkfish said:

(from the link above)

In the photo in the Khaosod English article there he is with three others, all standing next to each other with no social distancing,

But what is he quoted saying:

"Anutin said that despite the flattening of Thailand’s COVID-19 curve, all Thais must not let their guards down, and must remain vigilant in observing safe-distancing."

Foot-in-mouth disease strikes again.

I suppose the more difficult task would be when he says something that everyone agrees with him about, and he doesn't look foolish.

• Like 1

Here's a quote from Khaosod:

"Anutin also said that during the vaccine research and trials, Thailand will cooperate with various other countries including China and the United States, which are also currently in the process of developing anti-COVID-19 vaccines."

Actually, I'm very impressed at the use of suggestion. It's dishonest of course, but I'm not sure anyone expected anything different from Anutin. I am nonetheless impressed though, - it's much more intelligent in its dishonesty than I expected from a Thai.

Edited by ParkerN
  • Like 2

On 4/22/2020 at 7:31 PM, Thailand said:

They are going to try to develop it, not in progress and they are going to beat the rest of the world.

Yes but they can test it in human trials without any problems, they don't care what rights they trample on. 

They will just vaccinate the poor people and see what happens. 

14 hours ago, rosst said:

Yes but they can test it in human trials without any problems, they don't care what rights they trample on. 

They will just vaccinate the poor people and see what happens. 

Exactly. 

On 4/23/2020 at 8:39 AM, HHTel said:

I think you're confusing a vaccine with a therapy.  Gilead Science is currently well down the road in testing Remdesivir for the treatment of covid19.

In the meantime, two very different vaccines start human trials today in the UK.  As both vaccines are so different, the failure of one will not bring down the other.  They have said that if trials go well, then a vaccine will be available for manufacture by September.  That shows a lot of optimism.  Even if it's develo

ped to their timescale, it will still take some time for manufacture and be available to the public. Fingers crossed.

Your post is good mate.

No I did't specify whether it was a treatment or vaccine.    To me a positive advancement with either is good news.

Just ran across this  today:   https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/29/health/gilead-sciences-remdesivir-covid-19-treatment/index.html

Same here, fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Regardless of who comes up with a vaccine, it will be rushed through peer review and proper testing on whatever impoverished usually get volunteered for that. There are $billions to be made. We can all decide for ourselves of course, but I for one wont be getting it unless the medical fascists force it on me.

Regardless of how much you may love vaccines, nobody can deny there are ingredients in the latest ones that do not look like they belong safely in anything but a corpse. Also makes you curious how in the US they brought in new laws so that vaccine makes cannot be sued if something goes wrong...

2 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

But I guess Khun Anutin knows more than a world renowned epidemiologist.

He certainly knows more about Thailand's ultra secret covid statistics than any of the "outsiders".

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 2