Trump summons CDC director to clarify remarks on second virus wave

webfact

2 minutes ago, JAG said:

Beside all that, true as it may be, isn't "the fall" when he is due to be re-elected? Can't have anything diverting from that glorious moment. Back in your box Mr CDC Director Robert Redfield , what do you know about these matters anyway?

It would be really funny if not 60 million Americans would ignore all these little and very obvious details.

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Trump is the commander in chief. He will issue and executive order which will instruct Covid to do what he says. And if Covid does not do it then he will blame everybody else. Standard procedure.

Yes and he basically takes every position so that he can easily gaslight the public no matter how things turn out. He's not that complicated. it's ALL about him and nothing about the American people. Also, keep in mind if he is not reelected (assuming he voluntarily even leaves if defeated) then he's then exposed to multiple criminal charges that may lead to prison. So he's very motivated!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

It's really pitiful when Trump gets castigated over trying to get the most accurate information out to the people. 

He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. 

Fortunately, these Nattering Nabobs of Negativism don't bother him one little bit. 

MAGA 

I would not have thought Spiro Agnew to be a good role model, being forced to resign due to financial irregularities. Of course, Trump refused to disclose his tax returns, the first American President to do so.

Trump's only interest is getting re-elected, and he needs to control the flow of information. Annoying a virus and his health experts are not co-operating.

Personally, I would not like to be a leader who has 4 times the infection rate, and twice the death rate of any other country. No doubt his supporters have excuses for that.

You're right it won't bother him a bit, having a hide as thick as an elephant helps.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, samran said:

Downplayed the first wave....golfing, rallies and calling it a democrat hoax.

Warnings about a second wave....and he still hasn't learned.

#MAGA

now that the WHO has been defunded and may be unable to continue their work, the donald has someone he can blame.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, Herman Moore said:

<snip>

I am sure if it was up to the White House they would just release a press statement with no reporters present at all. 

<Snip>

I'm sure you're wrong, Trump wouldn't want to give up on these campaign events.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, rhyddid said:

Let's see, who is stronger Trump or Gates ?

My guess would be Gates has real money. Impossible to know whether Trump has any money at all. He's been bankrupt multiple times.

I suppose the other factor is Gates has a product continuing to produce income, whereas the Trump resorts would be standing empty.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

My guess would be Gates has real money. Impossible to know whether Trump has any money at all. He's been bankrupt multiple times.

I suppose the other factor is Gates has a product continuing to produce income, whereas the Trump resorts would be standing empty.

On top of it, his golf clubs and hotels are currently empty while Internet related businesses are florishing. I guess that's why he's mad at restrictions such as social distancing and travel restrictions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well when this all started in China and i posted diagram in start of february with statistics that it could be more than 1 million deaths most of people here laughed at me, well where is everybody know who were smart at start... They melted with panick ones right? oh panicks even the flu is more lethal bla bla...  i think if those strict measures wouldnt be applied we would be way over 1 million deaths, definetely second vawe is coming as soon as countries will soften measures... 

10 hours ago, Herman Moore said:

This results in the White House having to spend an unnecessary amount of time in the follow on briefings rectifying these blatant propaganda News reports.

Note that during these daily events, which are basically a cross between a campaign rally ("lock him or her up", and infomercial ("call today for your free Hydroxychloroquine") and a new season of The Apprentice, that trump speaks for 60% of the time, while Fauci and Brix speak for 20% (total, ~ 5% Fauci and 15% Brix).

Don't hear a whole lot of "rectifyin'"?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, nattaya09 said:

This thread sure drew them in like moths to a campfire

Nought better too do .

Isolated expats , no purpose in life , so sad ..

Edited by elliss

Imo it’s trump who needs to explained himsielf,suggesting people inject disinfect just utterly ill responsible ignorant and dangerous just another example of his unsuitability to be potus November is rite around the corner you know what to do

• Thanks 1