Trump thinks report on Kim Jong Un illness was incorrect

webfact

Trump thinks report on Kim Jong Un illness was incorrect

2020-04-23T231822Z_1_LYNXNPEG3M2QH_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-USA.JPG

U.S. President Donald Trump addresses the daily coronavirus task force briefing at the White House in Washington, U.S., April 23, 2020. REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Thursday threw more cold water on reports earlier this week that North Korean leader Kim Jong Un was gravely ill, but declined to say if he had been in touch with officials there.

"I think the report was incorrect," Trump said at a daily White House briefing, adding that he had heard it was based on "old documents."

"We have a good relationship with North Korea, I have a good relationship with Kim Jong Un and I hope he's ok," Trump added.

Daily NK, a Seoul-based website, reported late on Monday that Kim, who is believed to be about 36, was recovering after undergoing a cardiovascular procedure on April 12. It cited one unnamed source in North Korea.

Two South Korean government officials rejected a subsequent CNN report citing an unnamed U.S. official saying that the United States was "monitoring intelligence" that Kim was in grave danger after surgery.

On Tuesday, Trump, who held unprecedented summits with Kim in 2018 and 2019 in an attempt to persuade him to give up his nuclear weapons, said the reports had not been confirmed and he did not put much credence in them.

Kim is a third-generation hereditary leader who rules North Korea with an iron fist, coming to power after his father Kim Jong Il died in 2011 from a heart attack.

(Reporting by Steve Holland; Writing by Alexandra Alper; Editing by Sandra Maler)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-04-24

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

U.S. President Donald Trump on Thursday threw more cold water on reports earlier this week that North Korean leader Kim Jong Un was gravely ill,

Well if Fatboy (not-so) Slim is even slightly ill, throwing cold water won't help him get better.

7 hours ago, PatOngo said:

It's becoming harder to believe a word that comes out of Trump's mouth as he proves to be the greatest spinner of BS in the history of POTUS!

Few days ago, he said that he received a “nice note” from Kim which the North Korea responded as “rubbish”. After being caught lying, he now trying to spin another. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

Kim this dictator treats the North Korean people worse than dogs, we are certain that there are concentration camps worthy of the Nazis but this dear President Trump declares himself on good terms with this bandit of Kim.

Trump supporters obviously find that completely normal. They will probably tell you that they prefer Kim to Obama.????

Well, he is distinctly "whiter", and therefore rather more their sort of chap...

Keen on guns ( and burgers) too, or so I read.

What"s not too like?

Edited by JAG
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, webfact said:

We have a good relationship with North Korea, I have a good relationship with Kim Jong Un and I hope he's ok," Trump added.

What's the problem? DT just Ring KJU you got the number to Anyone you want to Call.