Thailand reports 15 new coronavirus cases, no new deaths

rooster59

Thailand reports 15 new coronavirus cases, no new deaths

2020-04-26T045637Z_1_LYNXNPEG3P025_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND.JPG

A family wearing protective face masks walk on a railway line during the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak in Bangkok, Thailand April 25, 2020. REUTERS/Soe Zeya Tun

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand on Sunday reported 15 new coronavirus cases and no new deaths, bringing the total number of cases since its outbreak in January to 2,922 cases and 51 deaths.

Of the new cases, four were linked to previous cases, another four had no known links, while five new patients are arrivals from overseas who have been under state quarantine.

Two other new cases were reported from the southern province of Yala, where the authorities are aggressively testing the population because of high infection rates there, said Taweesin Wisanuyothin, a spokesman for the government's Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration.

Since the outbreak in Thailand, 2,594 patients have recovered and gone home.

(Reporting by Panu Wongcha-um)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-04-26

35 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

where the authorities are aggressively testing the population

"Shut up! Sit down! Open your mouth or I'll hit you!" or "Now this is your last chance! What is the capital city of Venezuela? You have 3 seconds to answer!"

Edited by graemeaylward
  • Like 1

So ignoring the imported cases, that's a total of 10 new home-grown cases of C19, after the bottom-line figure of 11 yesterday. At least the numbers are consistent. It would be interesting to see details of the four with no known links to precious cases. I wonder if any of them are poor Thais or construction workers?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Allegedly they haven't had any high infection rates, anywhere.... Strange comment !

A high infection rate is relative. In this case high compared to other parts of the country. They have been testing loads in Bangkok and south of Thailand (yala).

• Haha 1

All i can say is that figures are surprisingly good for Bangkok... looking at the traffic jam on Thonglor and Ekkamai yesterday... and seeing people sitting in semi-open air restaurants.

Edited by xtof2

1 minute ago, Berkshire said:

You should have suggested "no more posts about road deaths," which is more predictable and equally pointless. 

What about TM30, immigration BMW, TAT number, overstay fine?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

Wouldn't change the number of deaths and that's what old bu$$ers like me tend to look at most????

Indeed and/but one can extrapolate a very rough 'zone' of infection rate using number of deaths or to put it another way... more infections lead to more deaths. If the number of deaths is true, and I assume they are, the Thailand should be very proud of itself.