Dark circles / bags under eyes

OptimisticAndy

1 minute ago, darrendsd said:

Have had the same problem - cured it by using cucumber slices and wet tea bags over the eyes - Google it

Tried the tea bags for a couple of days... brewed and then cooled in the fridge.. applied for 10 mins.

Made my eyes feel more 'awake' but no massive difference.

How did you use the cucumbers + tea bags? And how long did you use them?

30 minutes ago, OptimisticAndy said:

Tried the tea bags for a couple of days... brewed and then cooled in the fridge.. applied for 10 mins.

You won't be feeling awake if them tea bags are from China.

15 hours ago, OptimisticAndy said:

Thanks.. I tend to sleep on my right side, and it is more pronounced there. But how would a blindfold help, as wouldn't the pressure would still be the same?

Thats the worst side to sleep on. The ideal sleep angle is slightly to your left which helps to releive any pressure around your eyes plus its better for digestion. Use a bolster cushion along your back to help.

10 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

yes i am experiencing a form of sensory deprivation in the form of zero physical contact with anyone since March 10. I thought i could breeze through this but I am really not happy about the lock down extension until June 1. And just the idea that I can't go anywhere is starting to really bother me.     

So sad..

9 hours ago, OptimisticAndy said:

On and under the eyes for about 15 minutes a time - takes a few days for the circles to start to go

Nasal problems can cause this issue also so buy some Nasal Spray

1 minute ago, jomtienisgood said:

Maybe just getting old ??? 555555

There's a good chance of that. But as said.... previously I have been able to shift dark circles / bags with a few good night's sleep, eating and exercise etc. Since this lockdown they have definately kicked in. 

33 minutes ago, OptimisticAndy said:

There's a good chance of that. But as said.... previously I have been able to shift dark circles / bags with a few good night's sleep, eating and exercise etc. Since this lockdown they have definately kicked in. 

Just keep your cool, don't overreact, don't have a breakdown, stay in darker places so the ladies don't notice.

• Haha 1

Get minimum 20 minutes of daily sun (vitamin D)

Take your multi vitamins.

Drink about 5x the water you said now.  at least 4.  Start every morning with 1 liter immediately.  do this 4x a day (it's really not bad, just chug room temp water).  This will actually help your diet as well.  

Look for some blue blocker computer strain type glasses online.  YOu are probably glued to either compute or TV or both all day long now.

Some intense, short exercise wouldn't hurt either (less than half hour day). Not walking or jogging.  Some form of HIIT exercises would work or resistance exercise if you have a gym.

These should help greatly with what you are already doing.

good luck

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

and i could not sleep last night at all. 

You will need a good long walk every day, early evening , at least an hour.

maybe  some light exercises , 20 mins a day, ( morning or afternoon. ) You can find easy things on internet. No caffeine after 5. Not too much to drink. Eat early. Try that for a week,  it will sure help. If your body is tired, you will sleep. We are all stressed, even if we think we’re fine. Take care, it’s not forever. 

4 hours ago, OptimisticAndy said:

Are you exercising ? Eating properly, drinking 3 L of water a day, no tea / coffee/ caffeine after 5 afternoon ? If you have the chance to go to Boots chemist, they sell little masks that you put in the fridge, use them one or two times during the day, morning , before you get up for instance, lay there for 10/15 mins relaxing, they decongest you’re eye bags. Feels great too. Plus a good long walk every day.