Trump says he has good idea how North Korea's Kim is doing; 'I hope he's fine'

webfact

Trump says he has good idea how North Korea's Kim is doing; 'I hope he's fine'

2020-04-27T225047Z_1_LYNXNPEG3Q277_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-USA.JPG

U.S. President Donald Trump addresses a coronavirus response news conference in the Rose Garden at the White House in Washington, U.S., April 27, 2020. REUTERS/Carlos Barria

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Monday he has a good idea how Kim Jong Un is doing and hopes he is fine, after days of speculation over the North Korean leader's health.

Kim's whereabouts and whether he had a heart procedure have been a subject of intense speculation in recent weeks. Daily NK, a Seoul-based website, reported last week that Kim was recovering after undergoing a cardiovascular procedure on April 12, citing one unnamed source in North Korea. Reuters has not been able to confirm the report.

A special train possibly belonging to Kim was spotted last week at the North Korean resort town of Wonsan, according to satellite images reviewed by 38 North, a Washington-based North Korea monitoring project.

"I can't tell you exactly," Trump said when asked about Kim's condition at a White House news conference. "Yes, I do have a very good idea, but I can't talk about it now. I just wish him well."

Trump suggested the mystery would be solved soon.

"I hope he's fine. I do know how he's doing relatively speaking. We will see - you'll probably be hearing in the not too distant future," Trump said.

(Reporting by Steve Holland and Tim Ahmann; Writing by Mohammad Zargham; Editing by Lisa Lambert and Stephen Coates)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-04-28

4 minutes ago, Tug said:

There you go making nice to a murderous little sob that threatened to nuk us you should be blockade him and squeezing the nukes out of him just bizzare 

A threat is far removed from an action, and America had done so well in the murder stakes worldwide..... ....NOT. 

Edited by UncleMhee
  • Like 1

A post that had a derogatory ethnic slur comment toward the Japanese people has been removed.

Some troll posts bickering over the popularity polls have been removed. 

A post using a trolling representation of Boris Johnson's name has been removed, Boris Johnson isn't even related to this topic anyway. 

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

"I can't tell you exactly," Trump said when asked about Kim's condition at a White House news conference. "Yes, I do have a very good idea, but I can't talk about it now. I just wish him well."

Ask yourself, which mass murdering thug do you wish well?

And then explain why it’s acceptable for the President of the US to be expressing well wishes for this particular mass murdering thug?!

Cause u have to keep enemies close

Basic strategy

3 hours ago, AussieBob18 said:

Good point - will China take over (rescue) Nth Korea if things fall apart enough.

It is a clear fact that China supports Nth Korea for many reasons, but the big one is that they provide a 'buffer' between themselves and the 'western' Sth Korea and Japan. 

Maybe that would be a good thing - China is the 'lesser of two evils' me thinks - more stable leadership and less likely to do something seriously stupid with nuclear weapons.  

They (CCP) are already moving troops up towards the border. Maybe they know something that we don't.

I think China is 'The Big Evil' - and should definitely not be allowed to annex Nth Korea. If that happens Covid will seem like a little spring sneeze.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

"I hope he's fine. I do know how he's doing relatively speaking.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Yes, I do have a very good idea, but I can't talk about it now. I just wish him well."

if Trump knows the guy (Kim Jong Un) is well why does Trump hope he's fine...

4 hours ago, AussieBob18 said:

Good point - will China take over (rescue) Nth Korea if things fall apart enough.

It is a clear fact that China supports Nth Korea for many reasons, but the big one is that they provide a 'buffer' between themselves and the 'western' Sth Korea and Japan. 

Maybe that would be a good thing - China is the 'lesser of two evils' me thinks - more stable leadership and less likely to do something seriously stupid with nuclear weapons.  

Or biological ones?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UbonThani said:

Cause u have to keep enemies close

Basic strategy

No it isn't.

you keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

That's basic strategy.

Mr Trump doesn't have any friends.

Not now, anyway ..…………….!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

"I can't tell you exactly," Trump said when asked about Kim's condition at a White House news conference. "Yes, I do have a very good idea, but I can't talk about it now. I just wish him well."

Ask yourself, which mass murdering thug do you wish well?

And then explain why it’s acceptable for the President of the US to be expressing well wishes for this particular mass murdering thug?!

So you wouldn't want the POTUS expressing well wishes for the President of China too then?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Why wouldn't MDD (Murdering Doofus Donald) be concerned for one of his own kind?

Edited by oobar
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, AussieBob18 said:

more and more people in USA are seeing the constant lies and ever-changing narrative, all being used and abused to attack Trump. 

Give us some examples, please we'd love to see how Dems' “lies” are better than Trump's ones. Lying is Trump's stock in trade, he would really be hard to beat. So, yes, give us some examples.

China doesn't want to invade and take over N Korea.  Too expensive to build a country from scratch, and their real concern is with having to deal with millions of refugees streaming into China if N Korea falls. 

They just want N Korea continuing to be a pain to the US.