Emergency extended for one more month, night curfew to remain

Jonathan Fairfield

46 minutes ago, Philipg114763 said:

More people died from flu and car deaths are the going to ban cars and lockdoen every time someone gets a fever the govrtmrnt are brain dead and the people will start to fight 

Accidents are NOT contagious, there are cures and vaccines for the flu!

HOW

MANY

TIMES

???

well because of the one and a half meter distance massage shops should remain closed, time to get friendly with your wife most Thai women are taught to massage from an early age, nothing to do with sex at that time, beer hell that is a problem I down to my last bottle of whiskey I am hoping the supermarkets will be stocked up on the 1st May, Flip and flop are more worried about getting the Chinese back in to the country at the moment

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Swimming pools is down to condo committee so ask them, condo gyms maybe the same I'm not sure

I own 2 condos, both with pools and gyms.  One in Pattaya and one in Bangkok.  We checked with the management at both and they have cited the government's prohibition against groups in public areas.  The condos have both interpreted the condo's common spaces--pools, gyms, etc., to be public areas and they have closed the pools, gyms, libraries, and lounges.   We have even been told not to play any sports on the grass areas--we had been thinking of doing some badminton.   Have any readers other experiences?  Pools still open?  Pools re-opening?  Thanks.  

20 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Yes the only important issue at hand for me at the moment. All else I can deal with. 

To blazes with the booze, all I want is to be able to travel to other provinces so I can go on my motorbike road trips, oh! and of course the hotels to be opened.

1 hour ago, Phulublub said:

Not according to my (usually clued up and accurate) Juristic.  She took me through the Order (in Thai) and translated.  We have also had a visit from the Police to advise that our pool is to be closed. 

My contention that condo pools (and gyms) are private is not, apparently, the interpretaion of either Management here or the police.

PH

Same with my 2 condos, one in Pattaya and one in Bangkok. Pools and gyms closed. 

22 minutes ago, JOE BAMA said:

Any news on Thai citizens returning to Bangkok after being out in the country?  My girlfriend went there the end of March and is scared to return.

Currently required to do 14 days in quarantine. 

BTW without booze. Tell her stay where she is. 

Edited by DrJack54

21 hours ago, steven100 said:

agree absolutely ....  if I have to suffer another month of posters comments on TV I want to be intoxicated at the very least.

I have seen a Thai written banner saying that 2 days only the alcohol stores can sell wil be May 1st and 2nd so that will be the days to stock up I feel.

• Like 1

The infection rate of 9 people a day is hardly a pandemic. There is no reason to have this state of emergency apart from people who come into Thailand 

Social distancing seems enough to keep covid19 at bay. The Government is simply scared to make the decision to lift the lockdown. 

• Like 2

I don't think the Thai govt knows about the U.S. Prohibition, where anybody could get booze but when they bought it they were breaking the law.  Those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it.

49 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:

Accidents are NOT contagious, there are cures and vaccines for the flu!

HOW

MANY

TIMES

???

There is no cure for the flu Sherlock, only some medications that will shorten and decrease the symptoms, but only when you take them within the first 2 days of the onset of the symptoms.

Educated yourself before you try to put some else in place with capitals...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

To blazes with the booze, all I want is to be able to travel to other provinces so I can go on my motorbike road trips, oh! and of course the hotels to be opened.

Up to you and how you feel. My priority is taking care of my family and pets and having an adequate amount of booze to vegetate every other or few days. One thing I know is I am not leaving this country. May not be able to get back in again.

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Thailand said:

Came through a riverside village this midday and most places were open, there was one shop that had a tarp that had slipped off what was about half a dozen cases of what I think was cans of Chang!

Not a beer man myself but it's still out there by the looks of it.

Our village and the next village are dry as a bone, down to about a 1/4 of the bottle of Vodka I purchased a month ago, not a big drinker, but thought you know what, I better get a bottle in case they shut it down, stupid me, didn't grab a case of beer.

Looks like my 1/4 bottle of Vodka is going to be on rations, e.g. instead of a night cap every night or 2nd night, it's going to be a half a cap every 2nd, 3rd night, this is scary and I'm not even a drinker, more a social drinker.

22 minutes ago, JusticeGB said:

The infection rate of 9 people a day is hardly a pandemic. There is no reason to have this state of emergency apart from people who come into Thailand 

Social distancing seems enough to keep covid19 at bay. The Government is simply scared to make the decision to lift the lockdown. 

Quite rightly so. One person who is unknowingly a carrier of the virus can infect a multitude in a matter of hours. Then it's out of control ( more deaths) and lock down again. All countries are adopting a slow 'suck it and see' approach.

• Sad 1