Lifting booze ban could fuel contagion: Taweesin

snoop1130

Lets see if this thread can eclipse the other one discussing Alcohol sales banned which has gone past 450 posts in 5 hours....Gotta love when the government becomes unpopular even more with not just the expats but the population as well.

Reminds me of a role reversal :  Now Kids are Telling there Parents what they can  and can not do....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, potless said:

With millions of people having little or no money/food, my suspicion is that the real reason for an alcohol ban is a fear of civil unrest/disobedience. Government scared of drunken mobs taking to the streets and rioting. Just a guess of course.

I think it's more probable drunks would stay home, happily inebriated. In either case, Thais rising against usurpers seems to be about 1/100000000000000000 chance. They'll just take it on the chin as usual.

Edited by DrTuner

19 minutes ago, potless said:

With millions of people having little or no money/food, my suspicion is that the real reason for an alcohol ban is a fear of civil unrest/disobedience. Government scared of drunken mobs taking to the streets and rioting. Just a guess of course.

They will just buy Khao Lao from the local stand on the street. If not I'm sure there is lots of Yaba around.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

I think it's more probable drunks would stay home, happily inebriated. In either case, Thais rising against usurpers seems to be about 1/100000000000000000 chance. They'll just take it on the chin as usual.

I am inclined to agree but that isnt necessarily how an under pressure government may view it. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, potless said:

Open all businesses, Thais will all go back to work and have no time for rioting.  

Solved

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

In other news expatriates in Thailand are losing weight faster than a hotel is losing Bhat every night...

Wrong. Gaining weight in the wallet from not being allowed out!!! However, happy to shed a few $$ once the shackles are unlocked.