Six types of business and leisure activities to resume on Sunday

webfact

The basics are the most important to observe, wash your hands often, use hand sanitizer often, ware a mask when in crowds of people. These few things can not only diminish the spread of COVID-19 but others like the Flu, and common cold. These are scary and difficult times for the world in general and I must say, I am a farang living in Thailand for several years now and believe the Thai government at all levels are doing a good job dealing with this, they have to make some unpopular decisions from time to time but I believe they have the best interest for the Thai people in mind. 

• Like 1

So if a restaurant or Phone Shop is located in a mall then if cannot open? If the same type of business is not located inside of a mall then it can open?

Also, at what capacity can such a business open?  25, 50 or 100%? I expect confusion on Day 1.  At least I can buy a bottle of wine on Sunday.  

On 5/1/2020 at 3:58 AM, Thaiwrath said:

"Thai Chamber of Commerce president Kalin Sarasin said, in a briefing today, that food shops in malls are not yet allowed to reopen, adding that stalls selling food or other items in markets or on walking streets must observe social distancing."

For the past month in Chiang Rai, the daily market has been open, with sod all social distancing around the stalls. The food shops in malls are probably less of a hazard, food is being cooked. The market stalls, raw meat.

No mention of swimming pools. Probably lowest risk of all, because chlorine kills bacteria and viruses.

It would be nice if the numbnuts in Bangkok got out of their air-conditioned offices, came upcountry, and actually looked at what they are proscribing.

On 5/1/2020 at 4:47 AM, torturedsole said:

Leisure activities are a thing of the past.

other than a weekly shopping trip - - it is all leisure activities, hanging around the house.

At least other than - by definition, all activities are a thing of the past - as in this is a photo of me when I was younger - every photo of you is when you were younger...

Edited by kenk24

23 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

{snipped}

It would be nice if the numbnuts in Bangkok got out of their air-conditioned offices, came upcountry, and actually looked at what they are proscribing.

Fat chance of that happening.

It doesn't matter who they are, the alleged 'security' entourage that follows them everywhere will preventing them seeing anything in a real-life context.

I remember years ago, Paveena Hongsakul worked for the prime minister's office and was touring bars in Pattaya investigating the subject of prostitution. With her were six policeman. The whole group came into our GoGo and all the customers left, assuming there was a raid going on.

8 hours ago, Lacessit said:

For the past month in Chiang Rai, the daily market has been open, with sod all social distancing around the stalls. The food shops in malls are probably less of a hazard, food is being cooked. The market stalls, raw meat.

No mention of swimming pools. Probably lowest risk of all, because chlorine kills bacteria and viruses.

I think thats been pretty much the same everywhere we have 3 markets in the area and one has been allowed to open everyday so everybody was going there might as well left them all open maybe not as crowded 

We have a condo with 2 nice pools over 50m in total I was going to take a ride down there to see it's opened, at the moment I would say a max 10 people staying there all owners Joe public cant get in there only owners with a keycard can get in the project.

I bet at the moment 10 people living there

On 5/1/2020 at 10:03 AM, LomSak27 said:

Wholesale and retail businesses, shopping malls.

I'm in Chiang Mai, Malls like Maya Mall or Pantip Plaza will re open ?????????

Looking to pay bills ????  Any thoughts? 

I was at Central Festival today. They said they could not say when they would re-open because they are waiting for the governor to make an announcement.

Quite unbelievable that Bangkok, Pattaya and others have already made announcements but for some reason Chiang Mai has to be delayed by 3 or 4 days.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2020 at 5:57 AM, Kenneth White said:

Yes please when? It has been long enough and the gym I go to is cleaned every day, this is a new gym with all new equipment.

Gym will open after bars. Think about what happens there, people Rolling around in each other's sweat and no way to avoid touching where the last person did. 

Wiping down with a towel won't cut it and will only collect more bacteria for the owner 

On 5/1/2020 at 8:19 AM, smedly said:

you mean the LAB

There is no evidence (at this time) whether Covid-19 was engineered, either as a bio-weapon or a good-faith science project gone awry… or whether some hapless gourmet got it at the Wild Animal Cafe.

2 minutes ago, HaleySabai said:

Yesterday (Saturday) saw 7/11 restocking there beer fridge!.....is game on today?...going to find out in a few more hours!

Indeed yes. Started the day with a light workout followed by throwing half the food in the fridge out to make plenty of room. (Thai food not my farrang stuff).

Favorite beer glass placed in the freezer and plenty of snacks in the cupboard.