Six types of business and leisure activities to resume on Sunday

webfact

Six types of business and leisure activities to resume on Sunday

Screen-Shot-2020-04-27-at-2.33.31-PM.png

From this Sunday, six types of businesses and recreational activities will be allowed to reopen in Thailand, but on a limited scale, as the CCSA gradually eases COVID-19 lockdown restrictions.

CCSA spokesman Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin announced that they defined the general principles for the relaxation of lockdown guidelines, to help all provincial governors decide which businesses and recreational activities can resume, within the limits stated in the general principles.

The principles include frequent cleansing of business and recreational venues, availability of hand cleansing facilities for customers, the wearing of face masks by all, social distancing and limitation of the number of people using the venues, to prevent over-crowding.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/six-types-of-business-and-leisure-activities-to-resume-on-sunday/

thaipbs.jpg

46 minutes ago, Lingba said:

wet markets open...supposedly like the ones in China where the virus started??

You are saying the virus started in the market? Apart from that I haven't seen live animals in any wet market in Thailand apart from fish and toads.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dinsdale said:

You are saying the virus started in the market? Apart from that I haven't seen live animals in any wet market in Thailand apart from fish and toads.

apparently in Bangkok

4 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

"Thai Chamber of Commerce president Kalin Sarasin said, in a briefing today, that food shops in malls are not yet allowed to reopen, adding that stalls selling food or other items in markets or on walking streets must observe social distancing."

Instead of the unfunny sitcoms on Thai television every night, which are watched by a lot of Thai people, how about showing a simple documentary, explaining exactly what social distancing is, with some basic, visual examples ? From my experiences here since the virus emerged, a lot of Thais either do not understand it, or fail to observe it, especially in things like markets, which you propose to (re)open !

If you take away the screaming katoys and booiiing sounds they will finally revolt. Education is not sanook so they'd just go make more somtam while the talking heads would do their looking important thing on the telly. 

• Like 2

The "principles"?

How many passengers get on and off a municipal bus before a bus interior is completely sterilized?

When a bus reaches maximum social distancing with regard to restricted seating, ever see a bus refuse to take additional passengers who then stand in the isles?

Even with social distancing on a bus, ie., window seating only in a 2-seat row (2x2 seat isle), what good is it when the distance is inadequate for another passenger sitting directly behind or in front, ie., less than 1/2 meter?

On central a/c buses is there a biological air filter to prevent circulation of viral particles? 

• Like 1

Wholesale and retail businesses, shopping malls.

Wholesale and retail businesses, shopping malls.

I'm in Chiang Mai, Malls like Maya Mall or Pantip Plaza will re open ?????????

Looking to pay bills ????  Any thoughts? 

• Haha 1

For better or worse people are going to do what they want increasingly unless the numbers go up. The fresh (or wet) market in Din Daeng has never closed, it's getting back to previous capacity, and people have always been elbow to elbow. There are massage places that have never closed, there is no enforcement for better or worse. This has been largely an honor system in Bangkok, but it may start wearing off.

7 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

{snipped}

Instead of the unfunny sitcoms on Thai television every night, which are watched by a lot of Thai people, how about showing a simple documentary, explaining exactly what social distancing is, with some basic, visual examples ? From my experiences here since the virus emerged, a lot of Thais either do not understand it, or fail to observe it, especially in things like markets, which you propose to (re)open !

It does sound like a good idea.

However documentaries are seen as boring by too many of the population here.

There was a TV channel that used to show a lot of documentaries (IIRC was it ITV?) which went out of business due to low viewing figures.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lingba said:

And? The fact that the virus could have originated from one of these markets hardly makes them riskier than any other place when it comes to the spreading of an already established virus.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lingba said:

The markets have never closed around here - meat, fish, sea food, vegetables, fruit, prepared food, ingredients all being sold every day and evening.

Not caused any issues, problems or sudden spikes in infections.

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 2

I am getting more and more confused about all of this.

About a month ago when people were leaving by the thousands to go from Bangkok back to the provinces

people were afraid the virus would be brought over there and a lot of older people would basically die.

It did not happen did it?

Today a lot of people left again from Bangkok to the provinces and what will happen?

I have not seen any social distancing where i live and most shops have remained open.

Fifty four people have died of this covid 19 virus in Thailand and the whole economy is being

shut down.Don't get me wrong, 54 extra deaths is serious.

Twenty six thousand people die in traffic here every year and that seems to be no problem?

Personally i welcome the curfew,it is a lot quieter and keeps young people from racing and killing themselves.

It can not last and it should not last but priorities getting a bit mixed up?

I know it could be a lot worse without lockdown and social distancing but i do not really

see that being taking serious.

Maybe Thailand is just being lucky?No i don't really believe that.

Like i said confusion sets in.

• Like 1