How the corona-virus crisis will shape the world ?

mauGR1

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

Meanwhile, on Italian MSM they're already talking about banning the cash, and (the horror) the possibility to separate children from families, for their own good, of course.

It starts to look like a horror movie.

I use coins and notes as much as I can. Once cash is gone it never return.

• Like 2

Yes, all good points, there will be a push towards alternatives to cash, there was already but now it should find broader appeal and acceptance.

The calls for a universal income have been growing everywhere during the pandemic, and if business get 35000 Euro, it will be hard to resist the push for this in some countries.

Edited by Logosone
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, dash said:

There is no possibility to make a vaccine. Remember it is a CORONA Virus and the disease is on the cellular immune level.

Are you David Icke ? 

11 hours ago, Logosone said:

6. The hoarding of food will increase, more people will become US style "preppers", sales of freezers will increase, also canned goods and other 'prepper' items.

I've never considered freezers as 'prepper' equipment ......... where will you get the electricity after the end?

Shelf stable foods (aka ambient foods) is always the way to go.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

7. One would think that initially women will be less likely to agree to one-night stands, but we saw with the HIV pandemic, that this is a short term effect. There will be little effect on gender relations.

Would disagree, TEOTWAWKI would reduce women's status back to 'property'.

Only western Christian civilisation and welfare allows them to survive currently as independent persons.

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've never considered freezers as 'prepper' equipment ......... where will you get the electricity after the end?

Shelf stable foods (aka ambient foods) is always the way to go.

Food preservation methods such as canning, drying and freezing.  Grandma will come in handy.

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Would disagree, TEOTWAWKI would reduce women's status back to 'property'.

Only western Christian civilisation and welfare allows them to survive currently as independent persons.

TEOTWAWKI

Women have always controlled men throughout history. They have what most men want. Nations have gone to war over them.

• Like 1

7. One would think that initially women will be less likely to agree to one-night stands, but we saw with the HIV pandemic, that this is a short term effect. There will be little effect on gender relations.

If they want a chocolate bar then not only a one night stand but also half a day cleaning the next day.

• Haha 1

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

TEOTWAWKI

Women have always controlled men throughout history. They have what most men want. Nations have gone to war over them.

Historically they reproduced every year until they died in child-birth.

One or two may have avoided that fate.

8 hours ago, rickudon said:

Fifth, high unemployment. Old job gone, and many surviving companies will use more virus proof machines, not people. Possibly the start of universal income, because work will become an unobtainable luxury. Free soaps and Netflix for all.

Probably true. The move to AI/robotics is well underway. Low skilled workers will be redundant. The universal pittance will be needed to prevent mass revolt. Cashless, of course for total control.

8 hours ago, rickudon said:

Seventh, i speculate that as many posters do not seem to care if old people die of the virus, governments will build the first soylent green factories - got to recycle that pension money for the benefit of governments and workers !

???? No need for Soylent Green. Do you understand why it was necessary in the movie? Far more likely to be eating processed seaweed.

However, I can see pensions being replaced by universal pittance as that will be less than the pension.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

10 hours ago, Brunolem said:

What you describe can be summed up in one word: collapse.

I have been thinking for many years that we are heading to a new Middle Age.

That is, a very long period of stagnation, during which a lot of knowledge is lost, the world is divided in ever smaller entities, conflicts constantly erupt here and there, all the wealth is concentrated in very few hands, the populace is kept under control by constant surveillance and debt, science is rejected and replaced by dogma (think PC for example).

All this was already well under way before the pandemic, which will only accelerate the process, but is not the cause of it.

Disagree. IMO the rich will move to a small country they can control and allow the rest of humanity to destroy itself.

They will still have all the knowledge we currently hold so it won't be lost. All "work" will be done by AI/ robotics.

Perhaps David Icke has the right theory for these times.

It may not happen this time, but this virus is not going to be the last.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

However, I can see pensions being replaced by universal pittance as that will be less than the pension.

Most of us are too old to worry about that.

Realistically, I have another 5 years, and if money in the bank still has worth for that time, I'm OK.

If it doesn't, I'm still pretty good with a gun and a sword.

• Like 2

Well, David Icke is banned on Facebook and now YouTube, with the CCDhate pushing for his removal on Instagram and Twitter. Whether you agree with him or not, closing people down on mainstream social media just pushes it underground and adds more fuel to the fire. The censorship in the west is getting almost like China, there is only one narrative, curtailing of free speech.

‘If liberty means anything at all it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.’ George Orwell

• Like 2

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

The Japanese people don't seem to be starving or dying from untreated diseases.

IMO the west's financial system only benefits the rich, and I for one would be happy to be living like the Japanese, if it wiped out megacorporations and exploitation of the world's poor.

I sort of agree with you, but I'm not pretending I really care about the poor.

Edited by BritManToo

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Most of us are too old to worry about that.

Realistically, I have another 5 years, and if money in the bank still has worth for that time, I'm OK.

If it doesn't, I'm still pretty good with a gun and a sword.

I'm only playing this game till I can't take it anymore. This <deleted> life isn't worth killing other people for.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I sort of agree with you, but I'm not pretending I really care about the poor.

Only because you are not ( yet ) one of them.

IMO there are two sorts of poor- good guys that made mistakes ( usually involving women ) and ended up poor, and the sheeple that believe what they read on social media and are never seen without a phone in their hands. The latter will last about a week if it really :hit-the-fan:, IMO.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I certainly hope so, as mass tourism has destroyed far more than than benefit. The profits of mass tourism generally go to corporations, rather than locals.

Sadly, the first demographic that IMO will return to LOS is the Chinese, the worst of all mass tourists.

Benefits of the end of mass tourism

less air pollution

end of depending on one industry for income

return to responsible tourism

no new airports built

friendlier locals

less crime

end of flashpackers ( I hope ), and the end of beach destruction under concrete

sanity in Thai immigration policies ( I can dream, can't I? )

better treatment of tourists

better treatment of expats

end of high accommodation prices in the lower end of the market

Agree, except for the Chinese tourists.

People forget that it was the Chinese who banned their citizens to travel abroad, and not the other way round.

As far as I know, this ban hasn't been lifted, and the Chinese government is probably not in a hurry to do so.

On top of that, the Chinese economy has been suffering greatly for 4 months now, and it is far from over...after all it depends on exports to countries under lockdown, facing economic depression.

Considering all this, it is unlikely that the top priority for both the Chinese government and citizens is to travel abroad.

More generally, in order to restart tourism, countries would have to lift restrictions and inconveniences such as quarantines...but which country is going to do that first?

With its grand total of 54 deaths, Thailand is afraid to open its beaches to its own citizens, but in one month or so it would be ready to welcome hordes of tourists...very unlikely...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Read Animal Farm

I've always avoided reading it, but i know that book, it gives me the shivers just to think about it.

Now i'm wondering if Mr. Orwell was just a very intelligent man, or if he was a sort of a prophet, or both.

• Like 1