Traffic jams as many Thais head up country for long weekend

rooster59

This weekend is going to bring ....Beer at home and touch of the virus 

I actually thought the muppets were doing well but in the debate to allow folk to buy the beer it seems they missed the fact that all and sundry will wander around the country

Why on earth did they not cancel holidays enforce travel restrictions allow beer and oh of course haircuts

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i hope i can get a haircut and get to home pro when it opens. 

Plenty of barber shops open in Hua Hin these last weeks. Thai Watsadu on the road to Cha-Am has been open for the last couple of weeks

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

SO by this i take it we can travel wherever we want throughout the country now without restrciton?

So it would seem, unless you can't.

Still, look on the bright side... you get to choose where to be infected.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Slightly aside....earlier today the bridge crossing from Phuket had to be closed.

Interesting article in Phuket News. 

Bit of a powder keg. 

Many thousands want OUT

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

In phuket now I see that anyone leaving phuket has to have a health  certificate  just slow down the flow  of people leaving    there will be trouble if this keeps up as thousands are trying to get out

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

do whatever you need to do during this brief period because the seconds wave will be here by the end of the month. 

another lock down will begin again sometime in June. 

What do you mean another lockdown. The curfew will still continue so the only thing that can be retracted is the allowed shop openings. The fact that you have this attitude makes you similar to these travelers. Just sayin!

13 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

we are in the first phase of the four two week phases of opening up.

there are many things you can do from today forward that will not be available next month if there is another flair up. 

EW_OhitUcAAVgPU.jpg

Looks like #3 on the Strict Measures side of the list failed miserably so far.  Al the travel must be necessary by all of these folks then....NOT

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You give Thais a mm they will take a metre. 

Ridiculous to not have cancelled 4 pretty much irrelevant holidays.

We've had folks arrive in the village from BKK because they couldn't make it during the cancelled Songkran holidays.

I fear the beer ban will be back on in short order.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

we are in the first phase of the four two week phases of opening up.

there are many things you can do from today forward that will not be available next month if there is another flair up. 

EW_OhitUcAAVgPU.jpg

I don't see anything about allowing students to FLASH MOB against this government. I think they left this out.          

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

do whatever you need to do during this brief period because the seconds wave will be here by the end of the month. 

end of the month? that's a positive thought, I would say 2nd wave next week when they start to come back

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Sure you are in Thailand? HomePro has been open for weeks. Was never shut long. 

Your info about the June lockdown comes from a reliable source, of course?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

There will be no second wave. Covid is gone from Thailand. Some seem to want to cling to the apocalypse scenario. We beat it. Accept that. Let people go on with their lives. The number of new cases is astonishingly low. Whatever they did, it worked. End the panic. Let it go. 

However, having said all that, from what I hear it is still more or less illegal to travel to other provinces? So, how is this being regulated? Is quarantine still in place, in many provinces, for people just coming in? I hear that is the case in Surat, and Korat, for sure. 

Germany 900.000 tests per week,how many in Thailand?If 20 million people would be infected in Thailand nobody would know about it.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, mrfill said:

Well, there may be no second wave. There wasn't that much of a first wave really despite all the TV experts saying that all the Chinese tourists were bound to bring massive infections and it was about to explode.... and then it didn't.

The infection around the whole of SE Asia has been very low for reasons we are yet to firmly establish. Almost certainly not due to superb public health services though.

I reckon there will be a small spike though. Just enough to impose another couple of weeks to make the powers feel good.

Don't forget the massive second wave predicted by the doomsayers to happen after many Thais went back to their home provinces following the Bangkok lockdown.

It never happened.

• Like 2