Fastest way to send money to my gfs bank during covid19

Hi I used to used Azimo.com to send money and it would take about 4 days to arrive in my girlfriends bank account.

What services have you guys used to send money to your partners bank account during this virus?

Thanks, Jake

• Haha 2

Just sent money from Canada to Bangkok.  Usually no more than 30 minutes.  For CAD999.95 there is a fee of CAD22.50 and if required WU will notify recipient by e-mail when the money is available and when it can be picked up.  The fee is a little expensive but it is always on time.  Unfortunately, that was sent from my bank a/c not through a WU agency and such transfers are limited to CAD1000 for one day then must wait to be able to send more funds.  Not sure of those details or if same conditions apply for other countries.

'nuf sed.

• Haha 1

If you are trying to make a transfer this weeked Thailand has a bunch of holidays which makes it slower than normal.  Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday are all bank holidays and then Wednesday.  

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, wotsdermatter said:

Just sent money from Canada to Bangkok.  Usually no more than 30 minutes.  For CAD999.95 there is a fee of CAD22.50 and if required WU will notify recipient by e-mail when the money is available and when it can be picked up.  The fee is a little expensive but it is always on time.  Unfortunately, that was sent from my bank a/c not through a WU agency and such transfers are limited to CAD1000 for one day then must wait to be able to send more funds.  Not sure of those details or if same conditions apply for other countries.

'nuf sed.

What's the name of the service you used? This sounds good for me

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Fastest way....how urgent does she need money?

How much do you want to send?

I could maybe help you out. Do you have UK internet banking? 

Transfer the money you want to send to your girlfriend to my UK Nationwide account and give me her Thai bank details. Once i see the money in my account, I'll go to the ATM here in Thailand and transfer Thai Baht straight to her account.

You're joking of course.

3 minutes ago, yacobm8 said:

Yes its with krungthai bank I think the name was

easy peezy... just use any of the agencies some have referred to, transferwise, western union, etc. and she will have the money on her account usually within 3-5 days

6 minutes ago, yacobm8 said:

What's the name of the service you used? This sounds good for me

Suspect WU is Western Union and would not be into a bank account but for pickup at an office (and some are probably not open on holidays or due covid-19 so make sure she can obtain before sending).

4 minutes ago, yacobm8 said:

What's the name of the service you used?

No slur intended but obviously you have not much knowledge about transferring money. WU stands for Western Union.  They offer the service through internet on-line banking or they have agencies all over the place.  Their agencies display their signs in Black and Yellow.  Easy and simple.  They can send direct to a bank account but I do not have the details but the people a the outlet will know.  If not using on-line do a Western Union search through GOOGLE for those near you.  Bonne chance.

'nuf sed.

7 minutes ago, wotsdermatter said:

No slur intended but obviously you have not much knowledge about transferring money. WU stands for Western Union.  They offer the service through internet on-line banking or they have agencies all over the place.  Their agencies display their signs in Black and Yellow.  Easy and simple.  They can send direct to a bank account but I do not have the details but the people a the outlet will know.  If not using on-line do a Western Union search through GOOGLE for those near you.  Bonne chance.

'nuf sed.

Ah yes I have a friend who's done that before, thank you I will ask her if she can find anywhere accepting cash pickups during this virus

42 minutes ago, yacobm8 said:

I don't have a bank account currently in thailand

Transferwise is still probably the fastest and cheapest method. You don't need a bank account here. If she has a bank account use TW.

Western Union will cost you a lot more than TW, I think.

Edited by teatime101
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:
21 minutes ago, yacobm8 said:

Yes its with krungthai bank I think the name was

20 minutes ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

Then just get her real name, bank account details, and use transferwise.

I agree with that. Quickest and easiest solution.

Open a TransferWise account here. https://transferwise.com/signout Enter your G/F's name and account details as the recipient and you're good to go.

You'll need the romanized spelling of her name. 

personally been using HIFX for over a year now,.it’s a free service however transactions usually takes about 2 days once funds leave your u.k bank account. Because of the waiting times tried transferwise unfortunately for myself / transaction denied and my card stopped ! Had to contact my bank in the u.k and because was trying use a service hadn’t used before they thought fraud... regardless same recipient as use with HIFX. Luckily card reactivated again / didn’t want same hassle so I’m just using HIFX as I’m also here in Thailand a.t.m wouldn’t use western union - low rates and charges although do receive money same day ! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I'm thinking of your girlfriend and family, that are maybe going hungry with no food and your trying to help them out by sending some of your hard earned cash so they can eat.

I'm trying to help you both out but i understand that in todays world, why do i even bother to try.

I would do exactly the same for him...I feel so sad for those in need...makes me realize just how lucky I am....

Transferwise is the better way to go...but it would be Thursday at the earliest before he could set up and the money arrive here...

A group I contribute to delivered some food parcels last week... what an eye opener...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Vincent said:

personally been using HIFX for over a year now,.it’s a free service however transactions usually takes about 2 days once funds leave your u.k bank account. Because of the waiting times tried transferwise unfortunately for myself / transaction denied and my card stopped ! Had to contact my bank in the u.k and because was trying use a service hadn’t used before they thought fraud... regardless same recipient as use with HIFX. Luckily card reactivated again / didn’t want same hassle so I’m just using HIFX as I’m also here in Thailand a.t.m wouldn’t use western union - low rates and charges although do receive money same day ! 

I don't see what Transferwise has to do with any bank card. I just transfer from one account to the other, no cards involved.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

I would do exactly the same for him...I feel so sad for those in need...makes me realize just how lucky I am....

Transferwise is the better way to go...but it would be Thursday at the earliest before he could set up and the money arrive here...

A group I contribute to delivered some food parcels last week... what an eye opener...

Transferwise is same minute. Set up account, can be done Monday, and transfer on Tuesday, money in Thai account within minutes.

• Thanks 1