Drinkers in four provinces fed up as governors prolong no booze agony!

webfact

8 hours ago, robblok said:

I normally don't drink but was in the Makro yesterday and fancied a Hoegaarden beer. Not sure why but it happens. There was a huge line in front of the alcohol and limits on how much people could buy. I think alcohol will remain in low supply for a while.

With black market beers limited to overpriced Singh, Chang and Leo, it was a treat to pick up a nice selection of Beerlao last night. The IPA and white are great, both with a slight citrus tang. 

8 hours ago, EricTh said:

Buddhists and Muslims aren't supposed to drink alcohol in the first place so there's nothing wrong with the ban. Most people in Thailand are Buddhists followed by Muslims.

If you prefer a more fundamentalist version of Buddhism, you might be happier across the border in Myanmar. Even there though they never banned alcohol.

27 minutes ago, samsensam said:

and the connection between not drinking alcohol and jigsaws is...?

I always drink while I play Chess, helps with deciding on the moves based upon how many spaces are moved, 1 shot for each space.  Game does not ever finish before I forgot what I was doing.....

8 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Bizarre and unnecessary power trips as usual here.

So I take it someone living in Pathum Thani can just drive to Rangsit or Bangkok to get their beers? 

No point going to Rangsit, its in Pathum Thani and dry. Getting to Bangkok is a better option if you have your own transport. Some of us don't and as much as I would like a beer the idea of pating 1000BHT + on top of the cost of the beer just to get a car to a 7/11 or Big C to buy a couple of cases doesn't really appeal (although, I have a mate in Nonthaburi ...I wonder how much Grab delivery would be?? ????  ????  ???? ). If they HAVE to ban it (though heaven knows why they would feel they 'have' to) I just wish they would order the supermarkets to remove it from the shelves. I'm pretty sure it comes under the heading of "cruel and unnecessary torture" to leave it all out on display! At my local Big C they even have the usual 6 cans and 6 bottles of each size in the chiller cabinet at the end of the fruit and veg aisle for christ sake!! What are they keeping it chilled on the shop floor for??? 

IMG_20200503_131422.jpg

Edited by flinc2020

6 hours ago, Walker88 said:

"healthier"

Do you mean those fruit juices loaded with extra sugar? Yea, table sugar is just great for you; cancers love table sugar.

Beer is more nutritious than most all fruit juices, as it has Brewer's Yeast

Men who drink two glasses of red wine per day live longer than those who don't drink, have less incidence of cancer, lower blood pressure on average than non-drinkers, and more healthy cholesterol levels than non-drinkers.

Relaxation of the booze ban should give former teetotalers an opportunity to switch to healthier drinks like beer and red wine.

Sugar can be added with all food even those 'healthy' steaks or coffee that you ordered. You know that I mean only pure fruit juice.

How is beer more nutritious than fruit juice in terms of vitamins and minerals? 

Stopped drinking along time ago except for special occasions and the occasional yearly bender! But I do like freedom of choice 

Note to oneself build a bar In my house. Stock up on lots of beer and fine spirits.  Easy ban what you like. It's there if needed.

Obviously I will have to take up heavy drinking to ensure there is adequate rotation of stock!!!

Edited by maprao
  • Haha 1

I am glad that the drinkers in Thailand are able to get stocked up at least in some parts of the

country. I know that when I am on holidays in Thailand, I do drink to relax and some

days I was very relaxed.  I know that I will not set foot in Thailand for 2 to 3 years as I

want to have a vaccine in place and some immunity before I go there again. Maybe

by then the population will have replaced some of the Government members, 555.

Well a person can hope.

Geezer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I am glad that the drinkers in Thailand are able to get stocked up at least in some parts of the

country. I know that when I am on holidays in Thailand, I do drink to relax and some

days I was very relaxed.  I know that I will not set foot in Thailand for 2 to 3 years as I

want to have a vaccine in place and some immunity before I go there again. Maybe

by then the population will have replaced some of the Government members, 555.

Well a person can hope.

Geezer

bye-bye

19 hours ago, smedly said:

and of course since they don't answer to the people by way of election they can do what they like without fear of retribution - something that should not be happening in any country serious about democracy 

Democracy ... and other forms of government.

4 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Thailand in total overdrive; where stupidity meets inferiority combined with arrogance. Got temperature-checked and hand sprayed at a 7/11 on the way OUT! Gives all those wannabe d1cks the possibility to have their 15 minutes of fame. Ridiculous, to say the least! 

Why did you subject yourself to that horrible injustice? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1