Drinkers in four provinces fed up as governors prolong no booze agony!

webfact

I thought it was only ‘farangs’ who were desperate for the ban to end. At Villa yesterday, and the amount of people around the alcohol aisle was nuts. People were genuinely excited they could buy a drink again. Looking at it like it was some brand new product that’s just gone on the shelves here. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

Buddhists and Muslims aren't supposed to drink alcohol in the first place so there's nothing wrong with the ban. Most people in Thailand are Buddhists followed by Muslims.

This should be taken as an opportunity for those people to switch to healthier drinks like fruit juice and/or green tea.

they have a banger planned for the temple around the corner from me tonight. you in ? 

2 hours ago, smedly said:

and of course since they don't answer to the people by way of election they can do what they like without fear of retribution - something that should not be happening in any country serious about democracy 

No democracy here mate Just a fancy word to most of the government ministers and army generals who run the country

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EricTh said:

Buddhists and Muslims aren't supposed to drink alcohol in the first place so there's nothing wrong with the ban. Most people in Thailand are Buddhists followed by Muslims.

This should be taken as an opportunity for those people to switch to healthier drinks like fruit juice and/or green tea.

And yogurt - organic of course...& Yoga, brown rice, & excessive flatus.

*Laugh emoji*

• Haha 1

Just in case you haven't realised yet, Buddhism is not a dogmatic faith. An individual alone can choose to follow and how far to follow any teachings. Monks are required to abide by rules. Lay persons are not burnt at the stake for not following the monk rules. Many Buddhists may follow tighter rules on holy days. Muslims I know nothing about. I am not a Muslim so I can not comment. I am glad that you are a devout Buddhist and can therefore comment.

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Burrium has no booze and now that domestic flights available the same joint has 14 day isolation for flight arrivals.

Sounds like a fun joint

Last fun joint I had was years ago.

• Haha 2

"healthier"

Do you mean those fruit juices loaded with extra sugar? Yea, table sugar is just great for you; cancers love table sugar.

Beer is more nutritious than most all fruit juices, as it has Brewer's Yeast

Men who drink two glasses of red wine per day live longer than those who don't drink, have less incidence of cancer, lower blood pressure on average than non-drinkers, and more healthy cholesterol levels than non-drinkers.

Relaxation of the booze ban should give former teetotalers an opportunity to switch to healthier drinks like beer and red wine.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ventenio said:

went into 711 last night......OMG......certainly a different set of characters compared to last month.

sugar, addiction.  alcohol, addiction.  

i would rather think about my problems and then exercise instead of drinking and trying not to worry.  

yes, i'm saying NOBODY is buying just one beer to relax.  they are leaving with 100 bottles of whiskey.  lol

I'll drink to that  :burp:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

stuff some yeast in the fruit juice and a little water, leave for 10 days and the sugar problem is resolved. 

A loaf of stale white bread, and a bag of rotting prunes, with some added sugar cubes, after a few days will give you a great Jail made Pruno....courtesy of the State of California Inmates who I watched doing this.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, keith101 said:

I dont drink so i really couldn't give a flying expletive about the ban . 

And I guess most would not give a expletive about your comment butting in on a booze subject. I for one feel sorry for the people stuck in these egomaniac controlled places, especially Buriram that is now on the bottom of the septic tank with ai Anutin.

• Like 2