Thailand reports just one new COVID-19 case

webfact

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

Meanwhile India, which has been under a stricter lockdown than Thailand for a longer period, reported almost 4,000 new cases on Monday and 195 deaths. So what is Thailand doing right that India is doing wrong?

Have you ever been to India ? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

Meanwhile India, which has been under a stricter lockdown than Thailand for a longer period, reported almost 4,000 new cases on Monday and 195 deaths. So what is Thailand doing right that India is doing wrong?

If you ever have gone to India you would not ask.

23 minutes ago, villageidiotY2K said:

Research shows that Drinking leo can sanitize internal organs.  Also Fibre allows Leo lovers to frequent the loo often which leads to excreting bacteria more often

Absolutely- the has been a paper published - the effects of Som Tam , pla ra and those scary fermented crabs completely zap the virus - sadly I can’t find the reference at the moment. 

Personally I’m not quite sure why the conspiracy nutcases go on and on ad nauseam about all the figures being false - perhaps shutting down inward travel.

PS don’t start on the millions of Chinese tourists arriving from Wuhan in January- China is a vast country and believe Wuhan was closed down early on?  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Latest is only available in Thai, updated 1. May, straight from MoPH: https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/file/g_srrt/g_srrt_010563.pdf

Getting to be a PUI is no guarantee you'll actually be tested all the way to "Confirmed", though. You could end up indefinitely as a "Probable".

And considering their test-kits are from China, how much do you really believe in these tests?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, peterb17 said:

Absolutely- the has been a paper published - the effects of Som Tam , pla ra and those scary fermented crabs completely zap the virus - sadly I can’t find the reference at the moment. 

Personally I’m not quite sure why the conspiracy nutcases go on and on ad nauseam about all the figures being false - perhaps shutting down inward travel.

PS don’t start on the millions of Chinese tourists arriving from Wuhan in January- China is a vast country and believe Wuhan was closed down early on?  

Sarcasm?

If not and you're serious, would I be a conspiracy theorist if I didn't believe the results of the study quoted in this article about a year ago?

https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/phew-no-prostitutes-in-pattayas-walking-street-police

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

If anyone believes this they must be either insane or stupid. China, Wuhan, 0 infections:cheesy:. I've been saying this for ages Prayut is taking this straight from the CCP playbook of non-transperency and misinformation. Add to that a complete lack of testing and you get this absolute lie to the people of Thailand. Unfortunately there are many blind sheep that will take this as truth.

The "laws" pretty much compel the Thai people to believe it, or not say that they don't believe it.

(As is the case in several other countries, with similar regimes, claiming "world class" COVID management)

The Thai state has well known and acknowledged "previous" with regard to its administration of comparable draconian dictates.

Those "contributors", on these pages, who continue to eagerly lap it up, have no excuse.

They are the most deserving of contempt.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rumak said:

i believe .......   that your answer is sufficient to at least make me wonder why you are so vocal

about how many people you believe are infected.  Also,  if many have been infected but show little or no symptoms,  i think that is a good thing.

Thank you for your answer.   None that you know.   I find no reason to speculate on what i believe as i also do not know anyone.   Or anyone that knows anyone.

Please do not start a debate with me.    Your posts speak for themselves

Listen to anyone, by this I mean experts, news, commentators etc and they now all say "official figures" "we all know the figures are higher" because everyone knows, maybe not you, that the official figures are under reported. You believe the govt official figures good for you. I guess you believe the figures from China also.

• Like 1

This thread is about numbers reported today.   I already know the views of those members who dispute it,  as it is repeated over and over.   Of course,  i do not read them anymore.

But,  there are lots of viewers so at least we can get an idea from the question i asked,  if anyone else would like to give us their first hand numbers

Edited by rumak

Permit me to publish this concept

Swimming in standard pools (25 m) without infection risk

This can be done if organised properly:

The pool will be opened for swimmers only, not splashers or sun-tanners. They must register a day earlier in a list. If it is a 7-lane pool like the one at <deleted>, Pattaya, then open lanes 1, 4 and 7. Every swimmer receives one of these lanes, and they get 1/2 hour, staggered, thus from minute 00 to 30 on lane 1, 10 to 40 lane 4, 20 to 50 lane 7. This way, there is no risk for contact, not even in the toilet/shower building. Of course, they won't stay in the pool area longer than necessary. A condo supervisor can check that the rules will be observed. But as there are swimmers only (thus maybe 20 people a day), no splashers or sun-tanners, this will hardly be necessary.

Please remember: It is apparently not Covid that kills, it is lifestyle diseases (LSD) being accelerated by covid. LSD are being caused by body fat excess, something that can be prevented through proper nutrition and sufficient sports (! swimming). So prohibiting swimming indirectly promotes covid mortality. Not to mention that swimming has a number of other positive health effects that are lost through the present blockade.

Feel free to share   .)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, rasmus5150 said:

And considering their test-kits are from China, how much do you really believe in these tests?

MoPH is doing RT-PCR, I think their labs are ok. Just how many tests are they doing a day and what is the status of their stockpiles of reagents is, is another question. I don't think they've upped the reference lab capabilities significantly at all from when this all began. And non-reference lab results are "unverified" and supposed to be undisclosed - until a local talking head gets the microphone and blurts it all out.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Guderian said:

creative accounting??     ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 hours ago, Traubert said:

So 187 then, not 2988.

Good job, well done. ????

187 people still in hospital - hell there's at least 187 hospital beds in my small amphur if you add up all the cottage hospitals to the main amphur public hospital.

One wonders whether doctors and nurses are standing around doing nowt around the nation since people are still scared to go there for other treatments. It's not even as though the heroes have gone through a terribly rushed couple of months.

I need to seek treatment, but my malady needs a private consultant in Bangkok. Money there to be made for the economy, but I can't risk going there as I must abide by the bogus* rules that there are inter-provincial travel restrictions

* bogus - as in mostly not really being implemented (but you can't bet your travel sanity on that). Yes - I know in theory one would probably be able to get through checks if carrying an appointment e-mail but who wants to trust the randomness of the whole set-up when they have the power to isolate you for 14 days if they don't like yer face!

14 minutes ago, dcnx said:

India was sold loads of defective tests from China. Only 5% of them worked. They have new tests now and low and behold, lots of new positives. Imagine that.

Anyone bother to find out if Thailand knows if their tests are accurate or not.

My wife sent some of her nursing college staff to work at Bamrasnaradura Infectious Disease Institute. This was a few weeks ago. She mentioned about the use of covid tests, IIRC, from China also. They were unreliable and were giving both false positive and false negative results. They went back to more reliable tests, less 'rapid' tests. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, DavisH said:

My wife sent some of her nursing college staff to work at Bamrasnaradura Infectious Disease Institute. This was a few weeks ago. She mentioned about the use of covid tests, IIRC, from China also. They were unreliable and were giving both false positive and false negative results. They went back to more reliable tests, less 'rapid' tests. 

BIDI has since gotten a spanking new machine and some reagents:

It's unknown how long those donated reagents will last and how big a supply they have.

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Give it time, now that the alcohol ban has been lifted and mostly Thai's, and some others getting closer together and not adhering to social distancing rules IMO.

:burp:????

Both sides form groups and both sides have those who forget about distancing. But, there are a lot more Thais over here than there are Falang, so yes it is mostly Thais.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Give it time, now that the alcohol ban has been lifted and mostly Thai's, and some others getting closer together and not adhering to social distancing rules IMO.

:burp:????

They never stopped where I lived.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

Its because it was a holiday yesterday! I still cannot understand how the 40 out of 78 in the deep south who tested positive, twice, yesterday, can now just disappear from the stats!

4000 new cases confirmed today in India wait till they start coming back in like the Chinese all over again. On the rise in South Asia 2nd wave coming soon to Thailand if they let them in.