Boris says wear a mask.

Yinn

3 hours ago, transam said:

Your neighbours Laos, Cambodia, Burma and Vietnam have done better, how is that....?.....

Not have 30 million tourist every year same Thailand. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Logosone said:

I would rather shoot myself than be operated in Thailand.

Less painful death.

Btw, I routinely walk around in Thailand without a facemask, was not denied entry to supermarkets or anywhere. In the hardcore places like malls the trick is to put on the mask for a second, then to take it off once you're in. I see many farangs do this, I saw plenty without a mask where supposedly mask wearing was required. Like everything in Thailand the enforcement is relaxed.

The ironic thing at immigration you wear a mask, only to be then told to take it off. Photo time. Nobody died at immigration yet.

I am dumbfounded. You just don't get it do you.

This is not all about science.....but.. this is all over your head. You just have to adhere to the restrictions in the country where you are living or staying.

You are a true rebel to the cause.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bartender100 said:

I just went to the local Sainsbury in the UK, no staff wearing masks, and only about 1% of the shoppers. Very strict on one in one out

Masks available at local pharmacies in the town.

45,000+ dead in UK. 

13 hours ago, Logosone said:

Nonsense, Mike Ryan has provided excellent advice during this pandemic.

His laudatio on the Swedish model was absolutely spot on as well.

Also the warning about antibodies was well founded.

Many other worthwhile contributions from the WHO. Yes, some mistakes were made, but some good input as well.

Masks have never been popular in western countries as they are associated with fear, panic, the unknown and even the supernatural. Public executioners for centuries wore masks and dentists still do. Then there were gas masks in the Second World War. Not to mention all those recent horror films – Halloween, Joker, Stephen King’s It – which underpin the sheer awfulness of disguising your face.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

People in England should now aim to wear face coverings on public transport and in some shops, the UK government has said. 

A document outlining new coronavirus lockdown rules suggests face coverings for enclosed spaces where social distancing is not always possible.

That advice had already been recommended by the governments in Scotland and Northern Ireland.

People are also allowed to meet one person from another household outside.

link 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52620556

• Sad 2

41 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Masks have never been popular in western countries as they are associated with fear, panic, the unknown and even the supernatural. Public executioners for centuries wore masks and dentists still do. Then there were gas masks in the Second World War. Not to mention all those recent horror films – Halloween, Joker, Stephen King’s It – which underpin the sheer awfulness of disguising your face.

The east/west cultural difference will always be there.

For me, I think there is no harm in wearing masks and if Thailand want to insist on them being worn, then I shall wear one.

There are probably too many Thais who think that they have low CV19 numbers because of wearing masks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

For me, I think there is no harm in wearing masks and if Thailand want to insist on them being worn, then I shall wear one.

There are probably too many Thais who think that they have low CV19 numbers because of wearing masks.

The fact is that, compared to a lot of European countries, the numbers in the Kingdom is much lower. This is regardless of how, i.e. masks, not as much human to human contact, the much criticised restrictions.

It would be good to pinpoint the reason but, whatever, be thankful you are not in the midst if a coutry where thousands are losing their lives.

4 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Not just in Thailand, in HK and Taiwan they firmly believe this as well, and I'm sure in many other places in Asia.

The reason Asians wear face masks more than in western countries is because Air Pollution is much much higher in Asia and they are not willing to solve the problem.

Instead they use face masks as a band-aid to cover up this problem. Off course masks they wear offer any protection against pollution.

1236445354_WorldAir-Copy.thumb.jpg.9b5c33d917de8205c2c2e034688d3095.jpg

Edited by DirtyHarry55
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

The reason Asians wear face masks more than in western countries is because Air Pollution is much much higher in Asia and they are not willing to solve the problem.

Instead they use face masks as a band-aid to cover up this problem. Off course masks they wear offer any protection against pollution.

1236445354_WorldAir-Copy.thumb.jpg.9b5c33d917de8205c2c2e034688d3095.jpg

Partly that, but also to protect others when they are sick. In Taiwan, and I believe in Hong Kong, it is the standard when people are sick and out and about in school and at work to protect others and let them know that the person is unwell so as to take precautions.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Partly that, but also to protect others when they are sick. In Taiwan, and I believe in Hong Kong, it is the standard when people are sick and out and about in school and at work to protect others and let them know that the person is unwell so as to take precautions.

Yes that's a very nice thought and sure sometimes when they have a cold but mostly it's protection themselves against pollution.

If it were mainly to protect others why do they mostly wear them when they are not even sick ?
I am wondering if the constant exposure to high levels of pollution hasn't strengthened their immune systems to help them fight COVID-19
Just a thought. P.s. the map is from today.

https://waqi.info/#/c/29.227/63.304/3.5z

106344802_WorldAir2-Copy.thumb.jpg.fd8d96f9e5acdf8d07ee0dbfeadc404d.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kingdong said:

and where do, es the bold Boris suggest the  punters buy their facemasks from?

It doesn't have to be a surgical mask. Just a face covering. Use your common sense, and a bit of imagination ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yinn said:

Wow. 

Pence guy, have corona his office, then make other people take off mask before he meet them.

crazy?

Link

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/11/opinions/vice-president-pence-face-mask-fear-dantonio/index.html

You haven't heard about social distancing then.......?

Thailand has Corvid, yet you can go to a restaurant to eat if you maintain the recommended social distancing....Is that clear enough for you....?