Restrictions lifted gradually to avoid second wave

snoop1130

Restrictions lifted gradually to avoid second wave

By THE NATION

800_d2ab50a308d6233.jpg

Narumon Pinyosinwat

Lifting all restrictions will only bring about a second wave of infections as has happened in other countries, government spokesperson Narumon Pinyosinwat said on Monday (May 18) when explaining why the measures were being eased very gradually.

As for lifting the state of emergency, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration has considered the issue from all aspects, ranging from public health and economy to society, she said.

“The prime minister acknowledged that the state of emergency has adversely affected the country’s society and economy, which is why he is calling on all relevant agencies to step up and provide help,” she said, adding, “the lifting of other measures will depend on the number of new Covid-19 cases found in the future”.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388057

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-18

You can lift all the restrictions locally as long as the borders are closed. There is no danger at the moment on a local radar according to official data. Why so much concern? Just open up the local tourism to create the needed money flow. There are way too many people who have no money at the moment and that's a real problem too. 

• Like 1

The second waves have all been managed by the test trace and isolate. They have been second localised outbreaks not waves. They will happen everywhere. Get used to it and put test trace and isolate in place instead of <deleted> the whole economy and society.

Edited by Ketyo

Getting a bit stupid where my local bar 

wants to open & has said "Only farangs who have been in the country for 30 days will be allowed in & (or served, & must observe social distancing  Does that make sense that they should be allowed to open ?

More chance of catching the virus at Chatuchak Market or on the BTS

Dr Tuner

I would strongly disagree that "testing has stopped the 2nd wave" argument.

Show me where ? Until there is a test that is 99% correct & result within 15 minutes it is just a placebo by the Governments

The UK & the US are still in turmoil & will be with a 2nd wave there already & a possible 3rd wave if people still refuse to obey simple rules.

13 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Dr Tuner

Show me where ? Until there is a test that is 99% correct & result within 15 minutes it is just a placebo by the Governments

The UK & the US are still in turmoil & will be with a 2nd wave there already & a possible 3rd wave if people still refuse to obey simple rules.

Turmoil in the UK, would you like to explain, seeing as the infections rates/deaths are falling. This country is going back to work and school, we don't have many rules to obey and no stupid QR codes to enter shops.

1 hour ago, natway09 said:

Dr Tuner

F.ex. Finland. They now have 2x the necessary capacity per day to test people that pop up either through finding an previously unknown infection (self admission), or finding a hit in the tracing program, and the infections they are finding are petering out. They are using RT-PCR.

South Korea and Taiwan managed to prevent even a first wave with their massive testing & tracing programs.

More here: https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-learning-how-to-dance-b8420170203e

It's not rocket science. Once you get the outbreaks into smaller clusters, you hack away with testing & tracing until it's contained and then wait for the outbreak to die with all the infected found.

EDIT: Just read an article they are studying using trained dogs to detect COVID-19 infection from urine. Apparently the initial results are as accurate or more accurate as RT-PCR tests. It's not new, but could be a cheap solution. 

Edited by DrTuner
couple of commas
  • Like 1