Protests worldwide embrace Black Lives Matter movement

rooster59

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Assuming you're white, they won't. 

Complete opposite actually .

Non protestors are not allowed to congregate in groups of over 6 people and may face arrest

These rules do not apply to protestors and they can do whatever they want without fearing arrest

1 hour ago, FarangULong said:

I actually agree there. Chances are slim, that it'll happen again, but who knows.

Overly dramatic, yes. BUT: The nationstate is being dismantled more and more. It's not a question of if, but rather of when, if things keep heading in the same direction. Of course it won't happen over night, maybe not even in my life time.

As for the other things he said, people are at this very moment working to end freedom as we know it. Ie the whole "ban on hate speech" thing. There's a hate speech law in my country. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's also far from ideal (ie you can use hate speech against us, as much as you want, it only becomes hate speech if it's against minorities and such). But the type of hate speech ban THESE dolts are working for, isn't one that only targets inciting violence, or severe hate speech in general. Basically anything that can be construed as racist, sexist (as long as it's against women, that is) or homo-"phobic"/islamo-"phobic"/anti-semitic, and hurts the feelings of certain LGBTQxkajfclksdajflksadfwsa etc. groups, because that is "emotional violence".

Some are pushing against that, but unfortunately not too many people. The rest, as per usual, is quiet on the issue. Who would have thought 10 years ago, that companies would be forced (here they have started doing it voluntarily, and you have to play along or you can lose your job) to adress people how they choose and how they identify? Even if they haven't ie started taking hormones yet, no surgery done, and don't look anything like ie. a woman at all?! Where will it end, if nobody wants to draw a line? Women sports - not that exciting to begin with, imo, but at least they should be allowed to compete - are being thoroughly ruined by transvestites and transgender people. Just a couple or so months ago, some guy broke multiple world records in women's weight lifting, for example. Duh.... he might look like a chick, etc. but he still has the same muscle fibers and bonse density as a man. And men are on average far stronger than women, better built to take punishment (ie combat sports like Boxing, MMA, Muay Thai, etc.), faster, superior endurance, etc. Again, where will all this madness end?

And all these things, are agendas that were initially pushed by a tiny, fringe minority of the extreme left within the already pretty far left. Even now, it's STILL minorities, but very vocal ones, pushing all this stuff. Yet it is being passed into legislation, simply because it's easier to stay silent, not face the <deleted> that comes along with push-back, etc...

@Xylophone: Oh no, you found a typo in my post. What will I ever do... Would you like to have this discussion in German? Let's see how well you do.
And who cares if that guy is a lecturer?! It still doesn#t change, that he is either wrong or deliberately lying about the right to protest. What makes him the ultimate authority, on what a good president is/would do, in the face of hateful protesters?

@the "systemic racism" guy: I won't watch the compilation at all, as I'm sure it's full of confirmation bias. It's easy, if you have the time+energy, to cut one together and make it show all kinds of things. It's not empirical data. It's a subjective and biased piece of work, by someone who has an agenda. I'll read the rest of your post later, and reply to it. I still suggest, that you read into what I said about LBJ and welfare. Before he introduced it, there was a healthy Black middle class, with far fewer single households than now (whereas nowaday in 2010, it was like 70-75% of single households, often multiple kids by multiple "fathers", who aren't around... one can only imagine how much it is now, and it's another problem created specifically because of welfare, which adds to the problems, crime, etc. in the Black community), far less crime in the Black community, etc.

But sure, let's blame the racist, White republicans. It's funny though... lately more and more Blacks DO realize, who their real enemy is, and turn away from the Democratic party aka the Democratic plantation. Candace Owens is a very good example. Smart, pretty, educated and very well spoken Black lady. Unlike others, she doesn't buy into victimhood. Which is probably one of the reasons, why she is successful...

What a mess of grievances.

The world’s changing, always has always will.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

On 6/7/2020 at 4:38 PM, Jingthing said:

White people were not brought over in slave ships.

or rioted about it at the time smashing up shops and looting, talk about deflecting back to the slave trade.

41 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Complete opposite actually .

Non protestors are not allowed to congregate in groups of over 6 people and may face arrest

These rules do not apply to protestors and they can do whatever they want without fearing arrest

Where to start with how disingenuous that reply is? 

First of all in the post I had replied to you asserted that you were fearful that you would be arrested for not chanting Black Lives Matter. 

Yet you know perfectly well that nobody has ever been arrested for not chanting that. 

So then you deflect to totally change the topic to be about social distancing. 

It is true these protests are not social distancing and that protests are not being broken up for that reason alone. 

We could have a debate on whether that is OK or not but again that has nothing to do with your original absurd assertion. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The legacy of slavery still exists today. Fact. 

Get  over it, Africans were  selling their own years before the White man got  involved. Islamic  countries were a big  buyer but we don't  hear much about that.

Edited by bodga
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, bodga said:

Get  over it, Africans were  selling their own years before the White man got  involved.

So it follows that systemic racism against black people is still happening to this day? 

6 hours ago, curious297 said:

Most solutions to our current problems can be found if we examine our past histories. The problem with this is, most people don't like to take responsibility for past actions as it is seen as "Not my problem" however, this attitude does not make the problem go away. America is now in the sh*t not solely because of slavery which, should have been addressed properly after it was abolished but for what came after slavery and compounded this situation which included the calculated division of race due to Systemic Racism.

I had my own personal opinion of what Systemic Racism is. Seeing this issue raised more and more, I wanted to see if I really understood the meaning and effect raised by this issue. I found this easy to understand video explaining in very layman's terms what is Systemic Racism and how it effects the community. It's less than 5 minutes long and I think it explains the issue very well.

i would like to write a long reply ,but just cant be bothered ,just starts with bull and --it is the ending ,always excuses .

Edited by bert bloggs
  • Like 1

Sick of So many black people saying they are oppressed ,cant get jobs etc etc ,well in the UK MY  best friend was black so was his brother ,just went to ordinary schools and worked hard ,both now own their own businesses ,one is very well off ,but then they didnt moan about being black ,but got off their ars-s and worked hard to get where they are today , as for racism ,neither ever ,ever spoke to me about anything like that ,but then they were not losers who always played the race card.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Jingthing said:

That's convincing. 

more convincing than the old "because i is black" bull that most of these losers shout .oh and that goes for white losers as well ,always excuses for being poor and not getting on ,

my advice,get off your ar-ses and work hard ,

1 minute ago, bert bloggs said:

more convincing than the old "because i is black" bull that most of these losers shout .oh and that goes for white losers as well ,always excuses for being poor and not getting on ,

my advice,get off your ar-ses and work hard ,

So as far you're concerned systemic racism doesn't exist. OK. There is nothing further to say then. 

• Like 1

Any country that had a colonial past with the slave trade will have a problem with their black population. The UK and the USA have the biggest problems with their black population and it goes back to the slave trade. There is no simple solutions for it, the best solution would have been for the UK not to invite people from the carribbean here and the USA to send all freed slaves back to Africa.

It's why I prefer to live in SE Asia, don't have those problems.

8 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Any country that had a colonial past with the slave trade will have a problem with their black population. The UK and the USA have the biggest problems with their black population and it goes back to the slave trade. There is no simple solutions for it, the best solution would have been for the UK not to invite people from the carribbean here and the USA to send all freed slaves back to Africa.

That would have been super rude to force all freed slaves back to Africa. Generally they had no Africa to return to.  Their culture had also changed and many had white blood. Of course there was Liberia but they couldn't have absorbed a large percentage. Of course people should ideally be free to move where they choose but suggesting all  black people should have been sent back to Africa comes off as super racist. 

Edited by Jingthing

32 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Where to start with how disingenuous that reply is? 

First of all in the post I had replied to you asserted that you were fearful that you would be arrested for not chanting Black Lives Matter. 

32 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So then you deflect to totally change the topic to be about social distancing. 

It is true these protests are not social distancing and that protests are not being broken up for that reason alone. 

We could have a debate on whether that is OK or not but again that has nothing to do with your original absurd assertion. 

I didnt mean that  literally , I was referring to the poster that claimed my silence would be violence .

Wellif that counts for violence , then I could get arrested for it 

I was  making the point that the poster didnt make any sense .

You then suggested that I wouldnt get arrested if I was White and I was just pointing out that a White non protestor would be more likely to get arrested than a non White protestor for non social distancing

12 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

As far as Im aware, the UK didnt have any former African slaves

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That would have been super rude to force all freed slaves back to Africa. Generally they had no Africa to return to.  Their culture had also changed and many had white blood. Of course there was Liberia but they couldn't have absorbed a large percentage. Of course people should ideally be free to move where they choose but suggesting all  black people should have been sent back to Africa comes off as super racist. 

There is no easy solution anymore. Everyone needs to get along with each other or if you can move to another country if you don't like diversity etc.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

But they stayed where they were and didnt move to the UK .

Immigration after WW2 has nothing to do with the slave trade

The British took from Africa as slaves and then invited them in 50s and 60s to work in the UK. The black population of the West Indies are all former slaves. The statue pulled down in Bristol was an 18th century slave trader.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

The British took from Africa as slaves and then invited them in 50s and 60s to work in the UK. The black population of the West Indies are all former slaves. The statue pulled down in Bristol was an 18th century slave trader.

Would be descendants of slaves then rather than actual slaves