13 returnees with high fever rushed to hospital

webfact

13 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:

Statistically speaking and common sense tells you that is a large number. We need to see a follow-up on those that went to the hospital. Did they get proper temperature's taken at the hospital? Did they get Covid tested? What are they considering "High Fever"? Anything over 37.0? What is considered "normal" is anything between 36.0 and 37.2 depending of course on their level of activity, the temp device be used etc. Again... we need to see the follow up on this. 

There is regular reporting on cases that are confirmed positive. For a while now all of these have been arrivals from abroad i.e. they are a subset of those reported as having been sent to hospital or quarantined on arrival.

Everyone is tested on arrival, fever or not, and again on day 13 of quarantine if first test was negative.

I believe 37.5 is used as the cut off for fever.

As explained several times "high fever" is a common mistranslation of a Thai phrase meaning "elevated temperature".  And I think the "rush" part is literary license. People found to have elevated temperature on arrival are sent to hospital, everyone else into quarantine.

4 hours ago, GBW said:

what is 'alternative quarantine'. ?

High priced hotel quarantine as opposed to staye quarantine in quite basic accommodation. Same restrictions on movement and guests but more comfortable. Something like 50k for the 14 days.

Since almost all of the returnees are Thais who were working abroad and lost their income due to COVID. restrictions, hardly surprising few take that option.