Biden faces balancing act as activists call to 'defund the police'

webfact

mr mr. At least Biden pills are a prescribed by his doctor and are taken to improve his health.Potus with his draw full of drugs looks like he can,t manage or count what he takes but they sure have mucked up his brain.

200 rambling tweets in one day a world record no one would be proud of. Quick back down the bunker for another " half inspection"

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

i'm just taking a guess here but i have a feeling what the 'defund' folks want to achieve will cost MORE money than is currently in police budgets.  so it is going to be more than just a reallocation.  it might be worth the money but i hope it isn't sold as money saver. 

edit:  in the past, i've read that a big portion of police budgets are for pensions.  that can't be reallocated at all.

Edited by buick

Does anyone ever question why the crime rate in the USA is so high?  Do people ever consider why the USA has such a high percent of its population in jail?  It surely is not because the police are too well funded. I won’t deny that the police need to be sorted out, they have gone way over the top and seem to be a magnet for nut jobs that want to inflict pain on others under the cover of the law.  Defunding is absurd, its an attempt to punish the bullies without dealing with why the police have become bullies in the first place.  If Biden agrees with defunding he will be crucified by Trump and the majority of Americans who want peace, law and order. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, checkered flag said:

But Joe needs to play to his base. It's a tough position for him.

not really.  'defunding' is a radical bumper sticker the trump campaign wants to use for its own propaganda purposes.  divide and conquer tactic.

biden can easily defuse this by saying he wants to 'demilitarize' the police.  take away their tanks and grenade launchers.  cut funding for military 'style' tactics training and instead put more emphasis on basic police skills.  (simple stuff like cpr and not killing handcuffed suspects in view of the cameras.) 

add some blahblah to fill out a press release and he looks quite reasonable, in comparison to "looters and shooters", and tear-gas and bible photo ops.

• Confused 4
  • Thanks 1

The roots of this racial problem of the mostly white cops are not of financial nature ... They have a sometimes tough job to do and that hardened them , sometimes to a point that they should be taken off duty immediately .

Black subculture is regarded as a threat to many , sometimes not without reason . Need to react in an adequate way , violence alone will not solve the problem , neither does money .

• Like 1

12 hours ago, simple1 said:

I have read some police are in favour to channel some of their funds to social services as police are fed up with having to deal with the homeless, mental health sufferers and so on. I would guess that it's a branding issue as 'defunding police' has a negative connotation. 

Which is what many of these "activists" (aka political hacks) , more power to them. They have no intention of curing the patient.if they did they will be out of a job. It is a game the Right and the Left have being playing as long as I can remember and the American people a cough in the middle of a political football game. .   

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Life. It comes at you fast.

"Nine out of 13 Minneapolis City Council members stood up on the stage to announce their intent to disband the city's police department, CBS Minnesota reports."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/minneapolis-city-council-announces-intent-disband-police/

"Minneapolis lawmakers vow to disband police department in historic move"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/07/minneapolis-city-council-defund-police-george-floyd

Good grief have they been smoking whippy weed? 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, checkered flag said:

There are also be a certain percent of bad people that take or harm others. Deal with the "bad" cops and honor those who serve.

I have no idea what "mythologies" you are referring to. Discrimination and separation are unknown to me. I judge people on what they do and how they act, and expect other to do the same for me.

And many racists don't believe they are racists.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, blazes said:

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

Clearly, my good man, you seem to have forgotten that Trump debated with the Clinton hag in 2016 and wiped the floor with her.

And equally clearly, you have never attended a debate, where truth and facts take a definite second place to WINNING an argument.

And after the debate (as most people on this website will probably attest) the "winner" is decided by the CNN and Fox "juries".  They (the juries) couldn't give a sh*t about Truth and Facts , but merely by who WON.  Won by any means.

When Trump say this, the debate descended into a comic act with him alone as the comedian. 
"nobody has more respect for women than I do" - a response that had the reporters in the media work room snickering. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

When Trump say this, the debate descended into a comic act with him alone as the comedian. 
"nobody has more respect for women than I do" - a response that had the reporters in the media work room snickering. 

And Creepy Joe has MORE "respect for women", does he??!!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1